Jul. 28, 2010 7:19 am
- Pastor Bill Rench, Calvary Baptist Church in Temecula, CA.
- Carrie Lukas of the Independent Women's Forum.
- Arab American writer/talk host Ray Hanania.
- Thea Lee, Deputy Chief of Staff at the AFL-CIO, where she has also served as Policy Director and Chief International Economist; co-author of A Field Guide to the Global Economy
- Robert Greenwald, filmmaker, director, founder Brave New Films.
- Congressman Joe Sestak (D-PA).
- Is forbidding mosques endangering religious freedom in America?
- Conservatives want to protect us from the government but who is going to protect us from the monopolies?
- Unemployment benefits hijacked by Congress; fixing jobless rate
- Rethink Afghanistan
- Taking Our Country Back
- Bumper Music:
- Crazy Train, Ozzy Osbourne.
- Smooth Talk, Delbert McClinton.
- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley.
- Are You In? Incubus.
- Help!, Beatles.
- Rocky Raccoon, Beatles.
- Live Like We're Dying, Kris Allen.
- Ghost Chickens in the Sky, Sean Morey.
- Bailamos, Enrique Iglesias.
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- I'm taking my country back, Tony Stampley, Honky Tonkers for Truth (video) (lyrics).
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism." -- Howard Zinn.
- Quote: Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
And it being found inconvenient to assemble in the open air, subject to its inclemencies, the building of a house to meet in was no sooner propos'd, and persons appointed to receive contributions, but sufficient sums were soon receiv'd to procure the ground and erect the building, which was one hundred feet long and seventy broad, about the size of Westminster Hall; and the work was carried on with such spirit as to be finished in a much shorter time than could have been expected. Both house and ground were vested in trustees, expressly for the use of any preacher of any religious persuasion who might desire to say something to the people at Philadelphia; the design in building not being to accommodate any particular sect, but the inhabitants in general; so that even if the Mufti of Constantinople were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pulpit at his service.
- Quote: Treaty of Tripoli, 1797.
As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,--as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,--and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.