Aug. 31, 2010 5:43 am
- Senator Bernie Sanders, (I-VT).
- Dick Patten, president of the American Family Business Institute.
- Rep. Ron Paul.
- "Brunch With Bernie"
- Glenn Beck is not Martin Luther King Jr.
- No taxation without respiration! Really?
- When we start politicizing our core values, doesn't it hurt America?
- Bumper Music:
- Beautiful World, Carolina Liar.
- Warning, Incubus.
- Someday, Rob Thomas.
- Anything Goes, Tony Bennett.
- Life Is A Highway, Rascal Flatts.
- I Just Want To Celebrate, Rare Earth.
- Anything Goes (Chinese), from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
- Thank God It's Friday, Love and Kisses (video).
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "Without free speech no search for truth is possible; without free speech, no discovery of truth is useful." -- Charles Bradlaugh.
- Article: 14th Amendment, Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.