Aug. 31, 2010 4:34 am
- Dan Gainor, Vice President & T. Boone Pickens Free Market Fellow at the Business and Media Institute.
- Christopher Ryan, psychologist, based in Barcelona, Spain, co-author of "Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality".
- Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR, 4th District).
- Melissa Fox, Candidate for California State Assembly District 70.
- NBC's new Fall TV show "Outsourced"...funny or offensive?
- Are humans naturally violent and monogamous?
- Geeky Science Rocks!
- What was Alan Simpson thinking when he compared Social Security to "a milk cow with 310 million tits?!"
- "Taking Our Country Back". Running against Don Wagner.
- Bumper Music:
- Jai Ho, A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack.
- Let's Bomb Iran!, Adam Kontras (video).
- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley.
- 9 to 5, Dolly Parton (video) with edited in clip from "Outsourced" NBC show.
- Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?, Rod Stewart.
- I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked, Ida Maria.
- Because I Got High, Afroman.
- Science Rocks!, Rock Chick & Science Geek.
- All Star, Smash Mouth.
- Pocket Full Of Sunshine, Natasha Bedingfield.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- I'm taking my country back, Tony Stampley, Honky Tonkers for Truth (video) (lyrics).
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies." -- William O. Douglas.