Aug. 31, 2010 1:11 am
- Zaid Julani, Reporter/Blogger at the Center for American Progress.
- Richard Cuff, Host of "Richard Cuff Weekend Report" on WJSJ.
- Jim MacDougald of Free Enterprise Nation.
- Len Gilroy of the Reason Foundation.
- Shannyn Moore of Free Enterprise Nation, Host, The Shannyn Moore Show and Moore Up North.
- What do yesterday's primary election results mean for November?
- Primaries in Florida.
- Are public employees overpaid...or is private sector greed keeping workers poor?
- Will we become a nation of prisoners when all government functions are in corporate hands?
- Primaries in Alaska
- Bumper Music:
- Don't Stop, Fleetwood Mac.
- Election Day Arcadia.
- Where Is The Love, Black Eyed Peas.
- Survivor, Destiny's Child.
- Danger Zone, Kenny Loggins.
- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley.
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- I Fought The Law, Green Day.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- North To Alaska, Johnny Horton.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "Jails and prisons are designed to break human beings, to convert the population into specimens in a zoo-obedient to our keepers, but dangerous to each other." -- Angela Davis.