- Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Maria Elena Durazo, Los Angeles County Federation of Labor (AFL-CIO), leading 550 union members to Phoenix Thursday to protest new immigration law SB 1070, scheduled to go into effect July 29.
- Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Pima County.
- Raven Brooks, Executive Director of Netroots Nation.
- Libertarian (and former Obama classmate) Wayne Root. Chairman-Libertarian National Congressional Committee; 2008 Libertarian VP nominee; entrepreneur; author-latest book "The Conscience of a Libertarian: Empowering the Citizen Revolution with God, Guns, Gambling & Tax Cuts".
- Arresting protestors tomorrow?
- Will Sheriff Arpaio arrest her tomorrow?
- A sheriff who is against the new law.
- Rush Limbaugh says, Netroots...really "nutroots" with "zit-faced, f-bomb dropping"
- What is Obama's "real agenda?"
- Bumper Music:
- Arizona Mark Lindsay.
- Bad Boys (Theme From Cops), Inner Circle.
- Crazy On You, Heart (video).
- Insane In The Brain, Cypress Hill.
- There Is the Sun, Derek James.
- Do You Want To Know a Secret?, The Beatles.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "Freedom is when the people can speak, democracy is when the government listens." -- Alastair Farrugia.
- Ad: 'The Man from Abilene', 1952.
"Eisenhower knows how to deal with the Russians. He has met Europe's leaders, has got them working with us. Elect the number one man for the number one job of our time. November 4th vote for peace. Vote for Eisenhower."
- Catch the Reading Bug, Monty Harper.
Wednesday 28 July '10 show notes
Aug. 1, 2010 5:12 am