Daily Topics - Wednesday March 2nd, 2011

Hour One: Latest from the trenches...war on labor - John Nichols, The Nation Magazine / Plus, Labor fights back - Phil Neuenfeldt, Wisconsin AFL-CIO

Hour Two: Why don't conservatives care about the world children will inherit? Rory Cooper, Heritage Foundation

Hour Three: How far will birthers go to keep a black person from being President? Andy Martin, Andy Martin 2012

Comments

gerald's picture
gerald 8 years 37 weeks ago

GENOCIDE in AMERICA

I have been reluctant to give you this comment and prediction but we are facing dire and foreboding times in the United States of Mortal Sin. The enclosed words have been revealed to me and I wish to share these words with you.

We know that the billionaires and the GOP want to destroy the unions and the American middle class. Destruction of these cornerstones in America will give the billionaires and GOP total control of our elections to never again be out of office and power. I believe that the billionaires and the GOP are actually orchestrating a more devious and demonic plan. Their plan is the genocide of the poor, average, middle, and working classes in America. We also know that they can be bought and they can also rig our elections but these efforts will cost money. It is imperative for the billionaires and the GOP to leave the impression of being fiscally responsible by saving money. Genocide is an easier way to save money.

Genocide will take place with the billionaires buying out our public utilities and corporate farms to raise our utility bills and to create food inflation that will take away earned money and systematically starve Americans and have Americans die from lack of heat in the winter and bake to death in the summer.

Make no mistake that the billionaires and GOP genocide of Americans is well planned. The new immigrants entering America will be enslaved, impoverished, and lacking any say in their future. They will be the drones and the serfs for ten percent of Americans who will control them. GENOCIDE OF AMERICANS IS HERE and its impact will be obvious in 2012 with a tsunami depression. For Americans without health care the genocide has been well underway for three decades.

spipenge's picture
spipenge 8 years 37 weeks ago

Interesting case from the Supreme Court: Corporations do not have personal privacy under FOIA.

cmoore68's picture
cmoore68 8 years 37 weeks ago

While Wisconsin gets the majority of coverage in the War on Labor, Ohio's Republican controlled Senate is playing games with committee oppointments to secure enough votes to pass SB5 (John Kasich's union-busting budget solution). When the President of the Senate discovered he did not have enough support within his own party to pass SB5 out of the committee, he replaced a no-voting Republican with a yes-voting Republican. Talk about playground rules.

cmoore68's picture
cmoore68 8 years 37 weeks ago

And the parlour games continue. A confirmed "hell no" vote from Republican Senator Karen Gilmour was flipped to a hell yes today when she replaced the chairman of the committee. That's two additional "Yes" votes, giving a 7-5 majority to pass the bill out of committee. The kicker is committee chairs receive additional compensation beyond their normal pay.

gerald's picture
gerald 8 years 37 weeks ago

I am also a fan of Thomas Merton. My dad and I went on a a retreat to the Abbey of Gethsemane in central Kentucky. The abbey was Thomas Merton's residence.

Merton"s Famous Prayer

My Lord God
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really understand myself.
And the fact that I think I am following
Your will does not mean I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you
Does in fact please you.
And I hope I have the desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the
right road though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always though I may
seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear for you are ever with me and
you will never leave me to face my troubles alone.
Thomas Merton

gerald's picture
gerald 8 years 37 weeks ago

Eleven states are requiring for Obama to produce his original birth certificate or he cannot have his name on the ballot for 2012. The Supreme Court will also back up the eleven states and so Obama will lose and be off the ballot in these states.

Hopefully, Obama will declare martial law and cancel the 2012 election to complete four more years in office.

Mitch in Tacoma, Wa 8 years 37 weeks ago

Well, for what it's worth.

The shoes were delivered today. To the mail room.

We can only hope they are actually delivered to him.

rladlof's picture
rladlof 8 years 37 weeks ago

Original Birth Certificate?!?!?!?

Of course, I keep my Articles of Incorporation in my sock drawer.

cmoore68's picture
cmoore68 8 years 37 weeks ago

I guess I can forget public office since I no longer have my original birth certificate.

cmoore68's picture
cmoore68 8 years 37 weeks ago

Alito's dissent corresponds with the pro-corporatist concept of treehuggers and animal lovers as domestic terrorists.

rladlof's picture
rladlof 8 years 37 weeks ago

The County Registrars Office in New Brighton, PA burned down decades ago . . . And given the bullsh** "vault copy" birther stupidity just espoused by Mr. Martin, my father and I apparently do not exist.

cmoore68's picture
cmoore68 8 years 37 weeks ago

Obama 2012 - Death by a thousand cuts.

The cons have figured out one narative is required to turn the voter against Obama. All they have to do is keep repeating numerous off-the-wall assertions. As long as enough voters latch onto each, then they can create a majority.

Gods, guns and gays have served them well but are waining. Obama's past opens enough questions to give them more fodder.

cmoore68's picture
cmoore68 8 years 37 weeks ago

I guess your screwed if you are adopted and cannot confirm your birth parents. How long before this becomes a requirement to vote?

Impeachment: The Difference Between Nixon & Trump

Thom plus logo There is a very simple reason why some Republicans participated in the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, but none have so far broken ranks against Trump. That reason is the US Supreme Court.

Latest Headlines

Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?

There were conflicting reports on Sunday regarding a recent proposal for United States-North Korea peace talks which was allegedly made before North Korea"s recent nuclear test

U.K. Pound Falls As Markets Get Brexit Jitters

Bloomberg said on Monday the pound had sustained its biggest fall against the dollar in 11 months

Clinton: I'll defend Israel but push for 'two-state solution

Hillary Clinton believes both Republican candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz "missed the mark" with their approach to the Israel-Palestinian Arab conflict
"Never one to shy away from the truth, Thom Hartmann’s collected works are inspiring, wise, and compelling. His work lights the way to a better America."
Van Jones, cofounder of RebuildTheDream.com and author of The Green Collar Economy
"I think many of us recognize that for all but the wealthiest, life in America is getting increasingly hard. Screwed explores why, showing how this is no accidental process, but rather the product of conscious political choices, choices we can change with enough courage and commitment. Like all of Thom’s great work, it helps show us the way forward."
Paul Loeb, author of Soul of a Citizen and The Impossible Will Take a Little While
"No one communicates more thoughtfully or effectively on the radio airwaves than Thom Hartmann. He gets inside the arguments and helps people to think them through—to understand how to respond when they’re talking about public issues with coworkers, neighbors, and friends. This book explores some of the key perspectives behind his approach, teaching us not just how to find the facts, but to talk about what they mean in a way that people will hear."