Senator Bernie Sanders vs InsuranceOct. 30, 2009 11:16 amBy Louise
October 26 2009 show notesOct. 30, 2009 6:30 amBy SueN
- Conservative economist Dr. John Lott.
- James Loewen, author of “Teaching What Really Happened”.
- Doug Cunningham, Producer/Reporter Worker's Independent News.
- Dudley Sharp.
Black Tuesday?Oct. 29, 2009 11:37 amBy Louise
80 years ago today, on October 29th, 1929, Wall Street saw the worst day in its history. The shock of "Black Tuesday" came to an end, but the misery of the Republican Great Depression was just beginning.
Is Leiberman just a traitor to the Democrats or merely a shill for big pharma and big banking?Oct. 28, 2009 7:22 amBy Louise
Treasury Department pay czar Kenneth Feinberg last week announced big cuts in total compensation at the finance and auto companies within his control. While he cut total pay by half, he increased regular salaries, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis.
October 23 2009 show notesOct. 27, 2009 5:05 pmBy SueN
- Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT).
- "Brunch With Bernie".
- 'Anything Goes' Friday.
- Bumper Music:
- Out At Sea, Heartless Bastards.
- Who Do You Think You Are? Brett Dennen.
October 22 2009 show notesOct. 27, 2009 3:46 pmBy SueN
- Congressman Peter DeFazio.
- Matt Welch, Editor in Chief of Reason magazine; author of the book “McCain: They Myth of a Maverick”; and former assistant editorial page editor of the Los Angeles Times.
- Marc Morano of the Climate Depot.
- Environmental columnist and author Bill McKibben.
It's Halloween Week! Jacob is picking the most "creative" comment to get a signed copy of Threshold- what's yours?Oct. 27, 2009 8:33 amBy Louise
We Wish it was the "Consumer Option?"
A government-sponsored "public option" for health care lives on, sort of.
October 21 2009 show notes
- Dr. John Lott, economist, columnist, author, latest book "Freedomnomics: Why the Free Market Works and Other Half-Baked Theories Don't".
- Actress/author Suzanne Somers talks to Thom about her new book "Knockout".
- Dan Gainor of the Business and Media Institute.
Throw the Bums out and Start Over?
The Obama administration and congress may now take on the issues arising from the near collapse of the financial system last year — how to deal with financial insti