- Feb. 23, 2021 8:23 amBy SueN
- Trump's Ruthless Plan to Stomp Out Democracy in 2024 - Trump Still Has Majority Republican Support...most are ready and willing for a 2024 authoritarian coup
- This Week the GOP Will Again Roll Out the Brutal Scam They've Used to Con America for 40 Years - With Phony "Concern for the Debt", Republicans Will Try to Sucker Punch a 4th Democratic President: Will It Work Again?
- Progressive Town Hall - Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA, 17th District)
- Another Earthquake... Water Leaks Indicate New Damage at Fukushima Nuclear Plant - Kevin Kamps, Radioactive Waste Specialist - Beyond Nuclear
- Feb. 22, 2021 4:01 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...With phony "concern for the debt," Republicans will try to sucker-punch a fourth Democratic President: will it work again?
"The only thing wrong with the U.S. economy is the failure of the Republican Party to play Santa Claus."
-Jude Wanniski, March 6, 1976
- Feb. 22, 2021 5:57 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump still has majority Republican support; most are ready and willing for a 2024 authoritarian coup
When Republicans in the United States Senate refused to convict Donald Trump of his crimes against democracy, they set up his comeback plans for 2024. Odds are he'll be either making an announcement at the upcoming CPAC conference, or at least will strongly hint at it.
- Feb. 22, 2021 5:28 amBy SueN
- Lucy, the Football, and "Bipartisanship" - Biden needs to avoid the old rope-a-dope
- Series of anti-voter bills steamrolling through the Georgia legislative process - Aunna Dennis, Executive Director - Common Cause Georgia
- Anything Goes Friday...What's On Your Mind? Thom Takes Your Calls...
- Feb. 20, 2021 5:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Of course Ted Cruz left for Cancun: when government fails, it's party time for libertarian Republicans!
Here's the one question that always stops libertarians dead in their tracks when they come on or call into my radio/TV program to proclaim the wonders of their political ideology:
- Feb. 19, 2021 3:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Biden needs to avoid the old rope-a-dope
"Bipartisanship" is the word of the day. But what the hell does that mean?
News commentators are asking Democrats on TV, as happened to Patrick Leahy on CNN this morning, "Without bipartisanship, won't will further divide the country?"
- Feb. 19, 2021 4:27 amBy SueN
- As Texas shows, the GOP "Big Lie" strategy has already destroyed much of America - when politics are based on lies, fascism thrives...
- Is there any legitimacy to the Republican's complaint that Biden's Covid relief plan will bring inflation? - Economist Dr. Richard Wolff, Democracy At Work / Author of numerous books - his latest is The Sickness is the System
- Made in China: A Prisoner, an SOS Letter, and the Hidden Cost of America's Cheap Goods - Amelia Pang, Journalist of Uyghur descent.
- Feb. 18, 2021 2:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...When politics are based on lies, fascism thrives
- Republicans and their media are lying right now about why people are dying from the cold in Texas.
- The GOP has been embracing lies instead of policy since the Reagan Revolution.
- It's become a way of life for Republican politicians.
- As a consequence, Republican voters are among the most misinformed people in America.
- When the electorate believes lies, democracy doesn't work.
- The Libertarian billionaires who own the Republican Party don't believe in democracy, so this is working out exactly the way they want.
- This is a formula for the destruction of democracy and the rise of fascism.
- Feb. 18, 2021 8:32 amBy SueN
- Former mayor Tim Boyd in Texas city wrote yesterday on Facebook that it's "not the local government's responsibility to support you during trying times like this! Sink or swim, it's your choice!" Addressing power outages, Boyd wrote, "The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING! I'm sick and tired of people looking for a dâ€” handout!"
- Time for Joe Republican.....
- Famous Medical Journal Calls Out the GOP Death Cult
- Democrats Should Add Three States Now: Turnabout, as the old saying goes, is fair play - And Dems should channel GOP talking points from when that Party added four states. DC statehood is just a beginning: We need to add Puerto Rico & the US Virgin Islands, too! With a balanced Senate, impeachment, Medicare For All, the end of student
- The Texas power crisis - Adrian Shelley, Executive Director - Public Citizen Texas
- Bomb Cyclones & other global warming effects causing weather problems - Dr. Michael Mann, Distinguished Professor of Meteorology & Director, Earth System Science Center-Penn State University / Member-National Academy of Sciences / author of several books including including his latest just out, The New Climate War / (previously, The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial Is Threatening Our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy) / Recipient of the Tyler Prize
- On the $3600 tax credit - Markos Moulitsas, Founder - Daily Kos and co-founder of the polling firm Civiqs / Co-host- The Brief, a Daily Kos political show
- Feb. 17, 2021 4:39 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...And Dems should channel GOP talking points from when that Party added four states.
- By 2040, 50% of America will live in 8 democratically-controlled states and only be represented by 16 out of 100 US Senators, creating an unbeatable majority for the GOP.
- During the Civil War Abraham Lincoln & the GOP added Nevada, for purely partisan reasons, when it didn't qualify as a state. They did it again with Colorado and both Dakotas, just to add Republicans to the Senate.
- Adding Washington DC and Puerto Rico as states will not only help the senate reflect who America is, but also gives representation to Americans who currently have no voice.
- With a balanced Senate, impeachment, Medicare For All, the end of student debt and a Green New Deal would all be done.