- Feb. 17, 2021 8:11 amBy SueN
- Our Fossil Fuel Addiction is leading to "Bomb Cyclones" & Famines - This week's wild weather is a forecast of what's to come, if we don't get our carbon omissions under control
- Full-Blown Fascism: Is America Teetering on the Brink? You can only see fascism in the rear-view mirror and then it's too late…
- Wild Weather, Trump Acquittal...What's On Your Mind? Thom Takes Your Calls...
- Feb. 16, 2021 3:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...This week's wild weather is a glimpse of what's to come if we don't get our carbon omissions under control.
Famine, already stalking humans across the globe, could soon appear right here at home and in Europe, and this week's wild weather is a small taste of how it would play out.
It all tracks back to our fossil fuel addiction, which has been warming our atmosphere since the 1860s, and is now messing with atmospheric and oceanic rivers of warm and cold water and air.
- Feb. 16, 2021 3:08 amBy Thom Hartmann A...You can only see fascism in the rear-view mirror and then it's too late…
History shows that most democratic nations don't realize how serious their fascism problem is until it overtakes them altogether. We saw it in the 1930s in Italy, Germany, Spain and Japan; today it's happened in Hungary, Turkey, Egypt, Russia, The Philippines and Brazil, and is well underway in Poland, India and multiple smaller countries.
Here in America, the GOP today has a serious fascism problem, and it's endangering all of us. It's closer than most of us realize.
- Feb. 15, 2021 11:30 amBy Thom Hartmann A...After 6 years of McConnell's court-packing, we must restore balance to the federal judiciary
Unable to win a majority of votes nationally or in most states, Republicans have resorted to gerrymandering, voter suppression and the federal court system to promote their racist, misogynistic, anti-labor, monopolist and pro-billionaire policies.
- Feb. 14, 2021 1:43 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Was his tweet a call to "take out" Pence?
What if Donald Trump actually hoped that his mob would murder Vice President Mike Pence and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi?
What if he believed such a crime would create a crisis big enough to let him declare a state of emergency, shut down the government for a transition period through that emergency, and retain his position as President moving into the new year?
- Feb. 13, 2021 2:01 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While the world is shocked, Americans are not — here's why…
The Lancet is arguably the most respected medical journal in the world. Founded in 1823, its reputation is impeccable and it only publishes science that's peer-reviewed and scientifically sound. Which is why their indictment of the last four years of Republican rule under Trump, McConnell, and McCarthy is particularly shocking.
- Feb. 11, 2021 4:48 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Do they really think a BJ is worse than insurrection?
Fascism is on the rise in America, and Republicans in the Senate will either take a big step to stop it, or become complicit in its continued rise.
Alarmingly, several Republican senators, all with presidential ambitions, are signaling with their behavior that fascism and overthrowing the United States government is really just fine with them. They may even consider it part of their own future career path.
The Real Reason the GOP Supports a Lying, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Failed Real Estate Hustler and Reality TV StarFeb. 10, 2021 3:30 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Will support for an unrepentant traitor be the final straw?
In the last half of the 1700s and early half of the 1800s, American conservatives promoted and clung to slavery; they even fought a Civil War to preserve it.
Throughout the second half of the 1800s and into the first half of the 20th century, American conservatives fought to keep racial segregation and to stop the rise of labor unions, all on behalf of the "billionaires" of their era, popularly called the Robber Barons.