- Feb. 28, 2021 12:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The terrorism we feared after 9/11 has now come to America but it came from within — it's time to crush it
It's time for American media to tell the truth about what's happening in the GOP: As the Republican Party continues to embrace Donald Trump and his white supremacist fascist ideology, that party is making the transition into a full-blown domestic-terror-supporting organization.
No American political party should ever condone terrorists within its ranks.
- Feb. 28, 2021 3:21 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Covid may soon be the least of our worries
Our planet is screaming a message at us, and Covid is part of that communication. The death of nature and the appearance of Covid are all part of the same thing.
- Feb. 26, 2021 2:31 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...America is, today, at a point of maximum peril only seen twice before in our history
Multiple Republicans, from former NRA spokespersons and rightwing talkshow hosts, to Republican congressional candidates, to the rightwing media are speaking out, loudly, about their concern that Joe Biden has not yet held a State of the Union address.
- Feb. 26, 2021 8:02 amBy SueN
- Blowing the lid off the billionaires' big con — and its deadly link to the coronavirus pandemic - Who wants to be a rich man in a poor country?
- What the Bond Market is, how it works, and why the average person should understand and pay attention to it (or not)? - Economist Dr. Richard Wolff, Democracy At Work / Author of numerous books - his latest is The Sickness is the System
- Geeky Science: Scientists entered people's dreams and got them 'talking'
- Conversations with Great Minds: Four Hundred Souls: A Community History of African America - Dr. Keisha Blain, Historian & Associate Professor of History-University of Pittsburgh / President-African American Intellectual History Society / Co-Editor (w/Ibram X. Kendi) of the new book, Four Hundred Souls / Author, Set the World On Fire: Black Nationalist Women and the Global Struggle for Freedom and, the forthcoming, Until I Am Free: Fannie Lou Hamer's Vision of America
- Feb. 25, 2021 2:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Who wants to be a rich man in a poor country?
About 75 percent of Americans trusted the federal government to "do what is right" when polled during most of the last years of the Eisenhower administration and early years of Lyndon B. Johnson's presidency.
In 2019, when the Pew Research Center released its most recent poll of public trust in the government, only 17 percent of Americans trusted their government.
- Feb. 25, 2021 8:32 amBy SueN
- National Progressive Townhall Meeting - Representative Mark Pocan (D-WI, 2nd District)
- The Mess in Texas & Who's To Blame - Greg Palast, The Guardian / Investigative Journalist/Author/Filmmaker, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy / His new book, How Trump Stole 2020: The Hunt For America's Vanished Voters
- California Scores a Win for Net Neutrality!! - Evan Greer, Deputy Director - Fight for the Future
- Don't Eat That Crap... Literally! Exposing the Latest Filthy Conditions in Factory Farming - Zach Corrigan, Senior Staff Attorney - Food & Water Justice (A Program of Food & Water Watch and Food & Water Action)
- The 'Fight For $15' in the Covid Relief Bill - Senator Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator (I-VT) / 2 time U.S. Presidential Candidate / Chair of the Senate Budget Committee
- Feb. 24, 2021 3:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Dems must stop the religious hustlers, racists and billionaires from picking Uncle Sam's pockets
There's a recurring pattern to American politics that began in the 1980s, right after the Supreme Court legalized billionaires owning individual politicians in 1976 with their Buckley decision.
Prior to that, Democrats and Republicans worked together to craft legislation that involved some compromise on both sides but moved, generally, in the direction of enhancing the general health and welfare of the American people.
- Feb. 24, 2021 6:57 amBy SueN
- The U.S. Supreme Court setting the stage for the release of Trump tax returns - Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr., U.S. Congressman (D-NJ, 9th District) / Chairman-House Ways & Means Subcommittee on Oversight
- "Know Nothing" Republicans Must Be Held Responsible for the Death and Suffering They've Caused
- Live coverage of the Joint Oversight Hearing on Security Failures During Attack on U.S. Capitol
- Thom's take on the Joint Oversight Hearing and your calls
- Feb. 23, 2021 1:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The GOP's lies should land them in the dustbin of history
Two weeks ago Jerry Schneiderman, my best friend for 50 years, didn't answer my call when I phoned his home to say hi. Instead, his stepson told me he'd been taken by ambulance to the hospital with Covid pneumonia.
When I finally got through to him at the hospital ER, he told me between gasps for breath that the doctors "aren't optimistic," that he missed his beloved wife, and his final words to me that day were, "I don't want to die here all alone."