Recent comments

• Deportations. How can Trump have it Both ways?   2 days 21 hours ago
    Quote Legend:

"I cannot guarantee that it is going to be in the first 100 days. But what I can guarantee is that we will have in the first year an immigration bill that I strongly support and that I'm promoting. And I want to move that forward as quickly as possible."

Sources:

Jorge Ramos interview with then-candidate Barack Obama, May 28, 2008, played on ABC's This Week on July 4, 2010.

Read the article, he tried. He also did not say in the first 100 days. He could not possibly predict how the Republicans would obstruct even what was good to them. Then in my post above the Republican Congress refused to bring it to the floor for a vote after it had passed the Senate. If you do not know how our government works do not post. also, if you cannot accurately post, do not post.

My apologies, I was going off memory.

Let me rephrase;

Candidate Obama in the '08 campaign promised that in the first year he would have an immigration bill to congress. Despite having a FULL YEAR to keep this promise AND the fact that Democratics controlled both the House and a VETO PROOF majority in the Senate during that time frame he did not keep his promise.

The bill you are referencing was 4 years later. He could have kept his promise but CHOSE not to. Why?

• AMERICAS WELFARE BUMS   2 days 21 hours ago
    Quote zapdam:Quote gumball "If you believe your cause to be just it is ok to lie? It is not "splitting hairs" as it is no where near half." That comment coming from a guy who voted for Trump, that's been proven lies 80 percent of the time.

I never voted for Trump, in the primary or the general.

• HOW BAD does it have to GET   2 days 23 hours ago

Legend, another favorite,"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
    Mark Twain

• Most Effective Method to Achieve Voting Rights & Thwart Suppression   3 days 38 min ago

TomDorr a couple hours after posting my comment, I realized I had either misread or misunderstood your post, but of course not one to miss a chance taking a swing at right wing fanatics, I just couldn't bring myself to remove or correct it. But TomDorr please have a great vacation in Scotland, the birth place of my dear departed grandma. I as a young man could never really understand why I hated wearing long pants, until I realized my Scotish heritage and my distant family all wore kilts.

• Most Effective Method to Achieve Voting Rights & Thwart Suppression   3 days 52 min ago
    Quote TomDorr:

Gibbon: Why not just Guilltine those right wing voters who dare to elect someone you don't support?

Zap: Check the 4% you see are psychopathic. I would surmise many of them are those in the inner cities that kill their own for either money or status.

I agree most psychopaths don't vote liberal. Most are in jail for their crimes, or are too busy killing urban neighbors to have time to vote.

I guess Gibbon is a psychopath, by your standards, as he wants to chop the heads off of those he would judge guilty.

Maybe he is a psycho who would vote liberal. But who cares.

On another note, I will probably be absent from this site due to the fact that I have been asked by politicians who know of my union history and my activism to give input which will be given real consideration.

It gives me a chance to push for my immigration and minimum wage and NAFTA and cultural opinions to make a difference. Much more than on this limited web site.

Plus I am going on vacation for a couple of weeks to Scotland, and when I am on vacation, I am immersed in the experience, and only use the web to navigate the vacation.

Peace

Tom: Have a great vacation. Please don't mess up our trade deals on Scotch.

With respect to losing ones head, we may have found his residence,

WINNIPEG, Manitoba — "A Canadian man who was found not criminally responsible for beheading and cannibalizing a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus has been granted his freedom."

• HOW MY HUSBAND USED CANNABIS OIL FOR HIS CANCER TREATMENT   3 days 1 hour ago
    Quote Legend:

Suggest that you also send a letter to the American Medical Association.

Then ask Hitler about Making Matzah balls...

The term medical marijuana took on dramatic new meaning in February when researchers in Madrid announced they had destroyed incurable brain cancer tumors in rats by injecting them with THC, the active ingredient in cannabis.

The Madrid study marks only the second time that THC has been administered to tumor-bearing animals; the first was a Virginia investigation 26 years ago. In both studies, the THC shrank or destroyed tumors in a majority of the test subjects.

Most Americans don't know anything about the Madrid discovery. Virtually no U.S. newspapers carried the story, which ran only once on the AP and UPI news wires, on Feb. 29.

The ominous part is that this isn't the first time scientists have discovered that THC shrinks tumors. In 1974 researchers at the Medical College of Virginia, who had been funded by the National Institute of Health to find evidence that marijuana damages the immune system, found instead that THC slowed the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice -- lung and breast cancer, and a virus-induced leukemia.

The DEA quickly shut down the Virginia study and all further cannabis/tumor research. In 1976 President Gerald Ford put an end to all public cannabis research and granted exclusive research rights to major pharmaceutical companies, who set out -- unsuccessfully -- to develop synthetic forms of THC that would deliver all the medical benefits without the "high."
    Cannabis Shrinks Tumors: Government Knew in 74

No medical schools have a department of endocannabinoid science or an ECS director. None of them taught the endocannabinoid science as an organized course.

Who's Really Fighting Legal Weed
    3/4th of a Century of Gossip and Gutter Science
    A Very Lucrative Evil Hoax
    Only 13% of the medical schools surveyed
    mention the endocannabinoid science to our future doctors

American Prohibitionists

Survey: Doctors’ Political Views May Affect Patient Care

2,000-year-old corpse found buried with his weed

"From time to time, I say that the suppression of medical marijuana is murder. This is not quite correct. It is actually mass murder. It has caused the deaths of countless thousands of people."
    ~ the Financial Times Limited, 1998
    (Ed. note: The FT is the London equivalent of the Wall Street Journal. This drug could be patented, so it is of interest to the financial community.)
  • Most Effective Method to Achieve Voting Rights & Thwart Suppression   3 days 3 hours ago

k. Allen, Legend posting that link ' Requiem for an American Dream' multiple times has resulted in my internet address being blocked as 'SPAM' by Toms automated system . If this post is allowed through its because I'm using my cell phone. In the mean time i've requested the block be lifted.

• Stephen Miller, appalling and un-American author of blocked $18 Billion Muslim Ban   3 days 3 hours ago
  • HOW BAD does it have to GET   3 days 5 hours ago

This is a fittng comment by one of our greats, that fits this posting. Why Republicans are will to listen to liars and accept what they say.

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.” – Mark Twain

• The Cruel, Unusual, Botched. Blatant Violations, Muddled, Inexcusable Scott Pruitt   3 days 6 hours ago

February 15th the temperature hit 99 in Southwest OK.

• HOW MY HUSBAND USED CANNABIS OIL FOR HIS CANCER TREATMENT   3 days 9 hours ago

What a beautiful day to share love in this quiet day of love. But Cancer has affects all of us, whether you’re a daughter, mother, sister, friend, co-worker, doctor, or patient. Thinking when will I be free from my nightmares but God have his own way of reaching his children, I was once a breast cancer patient for two years and eight months but now, happiness and joy has filled my soul. "ALL THANKS AND PRAISE TO GOD ALMIGHTY" for using Rick Simpson and the entire team of Phoenix Tears Foundation to cure my cancer with the Rick Simpson Cannabis oil, the God sent natural plant (Hemp oil) to help stop this cancer madness on earth. Help a life by reaching the Phoenix Tears foundation at ricksimpsoncannabisoil_phoenixtears@outlook.com or call 850-588-3358 to help save a life today. Nothing is impossible; if I can cure my cancer then you can too.

Never lose hope fighting cancer, only the strong continues.

Lindsay Payton, Paloma Lane, Harlingen,Tx

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px Helvetica}

WORDS WHICH RHYME with “MOON” [an exercise in mixed metaphors]

Storm-clouds are gathering under our moon.

Dangerous darkness is upon us soon.

The darkness is dangerous because a goon

{a buffoon

with his Trumpster platoon;

a cartoon

of a business tycoon}

whose raucous “Trump”et is out of tune

will blast our nation, - America strewn

like debris which a chain-saw has savagely hewn,

like bodies at the OK Corral at high noon.

=======================================

• For Trump's Racist Base, Yesterday's Presser Was a YUGE Success...   3 days 11 hours ago

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px Helvetica}

ZERO-SUM GAME {a rhyme}

In our political games of the type “Zero-Sum”,

the Xes win the cookies, - but nary a crumb

remains for the Ys.

Best compromise. - - -

- - - Let’s heed democracy’s rule of thumb

that it isn’t wise

to polarize; -

- ‘cause only the Xes will win in the scrum.

=================================

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 12 hours ago

(2950-10K - #12)

"First of all it's health insurance that needs to be reformed, not healthcare. The insurance companies are the ones that want it called healthcare reform...that distracts attention away from their massive fraud."

Thank you for clarifying that point. This dog eat dog insurance marketplace has American health care by the throat. Wee peeps are the little drops of blood left behind for scavengers to scarf up from the ground. I do not see how health is served in this environment.

Why aren't the Dems in the House and Senate screaming out single payer? .....don't they need votes in 2018 or something?.... hello! Geeez I forgot, that would be going on offense. ....rarely a democratic strategy. That would be just rude.

It's gone way beyond rude. It's downright dangerous - besides, a lot of those folks are personally compromised - on all sides - at least, it seems that way to me.

I hear that.

I have no objection to any of that, if well and fairly administered.

It's just many times removed from imminent questions of daily survival that so many people are facing - not unrelated, but not the first priority when food and shelter are not easily obtained.

None of this will happen by simply being well spoken and polite."

Ok, I think being well spoken and polite has great value, especially when communicating with people who do not hear, or respond positively to anything else. My experience tells me, it's truth that turns the wheel. Unless I am swallowed by hypocrisy, I will speak the truth in whatever way communicates most effectively ... this, from someone who tends to speak and behave like a wrecking ball.

I kind of like the reception I get when people listen, and try to hear what I am saying. I also like how I feel when I do the same to others. I'm ok with polite behavior, so long as I don't have to lie.

I know it's life or death in too many places. Whose face do I scream in to change that?

And yes, this is an extremely dangerous moment in human culture.
    I hear the calls to resist and oppose ... in so many ways, this seems counterintuitive ... but it's over my head, so, I figure every one of us has our own basket to weave ... I do what I can, one breath at a time - and hope it makes a difference, somehow.

I trust you, and other people, to do the same in your own spheres of influence ... and hope we can work this complex puzzle between us.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 15 hours ago

Hey, I hear Trump's birth certificate is a fake....they say he was really born in Russia! That sounds pretty stupid doesn't it....well all you righties, your current election fraud president said that same dumb ass thing about the last president, and your president was serious when he said it. That same crazy man now has access to the nuclear codes ....just saying.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 15 hours ago

Polls clearly indicate single payer is by far the will of the vast majority. Instead we now have governance by and for only the billionaires, which is plain old textbook fascism. Well guess what...we the people can't afford this welfare program for the rich any longer. Education and healthcare both need to be a cradle to grave right, and not for profit. Energy needs to be nationalized...Don't worry, the Koch's won't end up on food stamps. In fact nationalization of energy will be the only shot we have to slow down climate change.

None of this will happen by simply being well spoken and polite.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 16 hours ago

(leighmf - #9)
    "... B. Insurance never loses, but it constantly threatens our lives with the need for disaster protection. T'ink about it...."

Isn't that what insurance is all about - like, if you pay up, you are somehow protected from disaster/damages ... if not, well, ..., not.

So. People do what they must ..., or not.

The good news for me is that life flows through the vital core one breath at a time - cleansing, nourishing and renewing every cell with every breath ... the root of health, and the greatest gift of life is this dynamic phenomenon: the breath of life.

I came to this realization at a time when medical procedures to 'save my life' (unavailable to me at the time) might easily have distracted my awareness from that threshold of receiving the breath, and letting it go ... one breath at a time ... not knowing whether it will return.

At this moment, I know without question, that life is a gift ... a blessing (however mixed) ... not to be owned or controlled - bought or sold ... only, to be accepted, embraced, and let go ... as it comes and goes, of its own accord ....

All else is peripheral.

All these stressful arguments about 'health care', and who owns what, or has to pay for what - or not ... how does this serve good health?

If, in the long run, the same exclusive interests wind up as the ownership class - why not accept that for what it is, and (like water) find other ways to flow?

• Most Effective Method to Achieve Voting Rights & Thwart Suppression   3 days 18 hours ago

Thank you Zap, only, Legend is right - this link to the full copy won't play here due to copyright restrictions. The notice reads:

"This video contains content from Gravitas VOD, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

..., or, we still can find a discussion of the subject with Professor Chomsky and the film makers here:

• STANDING ROCK   3 days 19 hours ago

I'm working to keep an open mind here ...

Winona LaDuke - Ojibwe

"Someone needs to explain to me why wanting clean drinking water makes you an activist, and why proposing to destroy water with chemical warfare doesn't make a corporation a terrorist."

"Whether we have wings or fins, or roots or paws... we are all relatives."

• Stephen Miller, appalling and un-American author of blocked $18 Billion Muslim Ban   3 days 19 hours ago

Thank you Zap, only, Legend is right - this link to the full copy won't play here due to copyright restrictions. And, since we're 'making America great again' - of course - everything, especially truth, will come with a hefty price tag. So, if we want to view the full copy of "Requiem For The American Dream" we can order it from sources listed in this link:

• Trump could learn a hard lesson from Nixon   3 days 19 hours ago

just posting to bring this back on the mainline.

• More Mexicans have left the United States than migrated there   3 days 19 hours ago

So, write your own Bracero Program and get it passed.

• Even Nixon in his worst moments wasn't this unstable   3 days 19 hours ago
  • Most Effective Method to Achieve Voting Rights & Thwart Suppression   3 days 19 hours ago

The link is blocked in this country. Probably government censorship.

I do not think that Tom(nofacts)dorr is spreading his evil in Scotland, or st least being asked to. He claims that someone here is asking for his advice. I cannot imagine anyone not seeing through his factless, baseless, ignorant opinion.

• WHAT CAN PENCE OFFER TO SAVE THE OROVILLE DAM?   3 days 19 hours ago

Another big storm heading for N CA. CA has always had extremes. Now the extremes are more extreme. In CO we have had a baumy February. SW OK hit 99 2 days ago. "It doen't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" Dylan

The Emerging Liberal Tea Party

Over the weekend, protesters took over town halls held by Republican lawmakers in New York and South Carolina.

They shouted slogans and demanded their elected representatives protect - and not repeal - Obamacare.