Recent comments

  • The Puppet President...   1 day 6 hours ago

    There you go. Poor, poor Obama.

  • "polyversity"--against the hegemonic privatization of the University   1 day 6 hours ago

    douglaslee wrote:

    National Science Foundation includes social sciences in STEM. Anthropology, economics, psychology, and sociology count.

    Then

    Industrial Design vs Industrial Engineering is a difference in a label. Architectural Design and Industrial Design require engineering. For applied engineering in design a fuller field encompassing humanities and culture are recommended and if one is serious the broader course work is willingly pursued and the correlation becomes clear.  

    Psychology and marketing ought to be included for the interview and resume. Targeting a company ought to include background on the company sought, and the HR person's interests and weaknesses.

    Design vs Engineering is not a mere packaging difference, but one of significance of content. I don't say this (as an engineer) to be the self serving proclamation of an egocentric dick (however, don't ever underestimate my capacity for egocentric dickiness). I found this nice explanation of the difference between design and engineering and really liked this synopsis:

    The definitions of these two categories of design have a fundamental difference between them: ID is an applied art, whereas DE is a discipline. This means that industrial designers more often have more liberal control than design engineers to design everything that they or their customers like. This is due to the fact that design engineers have only one choice: make it work.

    Design is much more open ended (thinking outside the box) which openly embraces not only art, but many other "soft sciences" while engineering is by definition contained within a specific box. I'm not downplaying the importance of engineering, but pointing out it's need to best function within certain boundaries.

    The engineering school I went to had a well renowned design program that was very difficult to get accepted into. I have a friend whose husband was in the program for a short while, but dropped out and went back to his electrician career. The design program requires a great deal of artisitic aptitude as well as technical. This guy is an exceptionally talented artist. It saddened me that he missed out on such a unique opportunity, but he wanted to skip right to the marriage, family and work thing. They're happy, so I'm happy.

    My point is that I find designers to be superior to engineers in many ways due to their lack of constraints and are critical to "making things", but of course engineers are critical in the process of making things work. What good are things that don't work? An engineer is happy to say, "it ain't pretty, but it gets the job done", but a designer makes sure it's pretty too. Art has an important place in the world and it's not just hanging on the walls of a museum.

  • The Puppet President...   1 day 7 hours ago

    The only thing I find surprising or shocking in Dr. Trembley's comments is the shock as if it were a surprise that "dino drivers" atop huge entropic beasts do not get to make them go where the driver wishes, but where the dino wants to go.  And darn if those dinos don't seem to want to go wading where the tar pits and quicksand happens to be.

    Meanwhile, these pesky mammals keep nipping around the dino ankles and skipping off onto the dry land where they watch the dinos sink.

    I am a lot less shocked by Obama's Purple Haze and DLChicago minor spat with NYC than with the utterly absurd and Party First no matter what happens to people GOPimps.  I did not think they could maintain a solid front of total insanity and destructive sabotage and think that they would come out winners.

    I don't understand picking the ACA for the line in the sand when it is the corporate model and matters to people.  I understand what they get from being assholes on immigration, and war is always the "message" when politics would be messy and ambiguous.  But healthcare?

    It is great to appreciate the structual issues and the constraints on the person in the White House.  It is also fair to pass historical judgment on the structural filters that make those who can win this office more confroming than transforming.  Those who think they are going to be transformers should be judged for unrealistic expectations as much or more than for not doing what they said they wanted to get done.

    Obama's 'plan' was to bring us together, not to kick con butt.  I can appreciate the attraction of that goal, but I think it was a futile gambit weighed against getting nothing done for sure other than to send a message that would have had to be taken on trust.  I can see it now, how the naive young President came to the White House and ran into DC Power.  Oh, he should have worked through Congress instead of publishing his agenda for the public first!  If only he had shown respect for the old leadership instead of being the new "change agent!"    So now we get to criticize him for not being bold enough to confront the ideologially partisans on the Right.

    What I find particularly laughable about this article is surprise that foreign policy press releases sound Bushian because it is about the only bipartisan thing going on.  Or it was before the Right forgot that Obama inherited their pile of crap while they kept shoveling anything he dug out back at him.  In the narrow sense, he's been doing his job, and they are the "other guys."

    Hedges, whose criticism I admire if not quite reaching the same conclusions, argues that it is Obama's competence and ability to look like a real President compared to Bushie that makes him more dangerous because he can fool more people into believing in the system and continuing to cling to the illusions of democracy and liberalism.

    Which gets back to the difference between defending and explaining and why the latter is useful for understanding even if it does not give you the gushy relief of either defending or attacking Obama.  What I learn from examining Obama is that "he" is not the story here.  Or that is the story, namely, that he had next to no chance to do much in this stalemate death grip the Right has on DC.  You cannot compromise with addicts and zealots.  And, the disease is not limited to the Right even if it presents differently and has different outcomes for Liberals.  

  • The Puppet President...   1 day 7 hours ago

    I think I've mentioned this before:

    Alberto Ceras 2 wrote:

    ... If the fellow can’t cut it for god’s sake he might at least have the decency to step down.

    If he had 1% of the class he thinks he has - he would have done so long ago.

  • Israel chaos   1 day 7 hours ago

    I come to this issue without a whole lot of sympathy for religious justifications for any kind of madness, whether it’s religious justification for the oppression of women within any particular society, or religious justification for the colonization of territories, where an occupying force relentlessly destroys the homes, crops and communities of indigenous peoples, while expanding settlements without regard for the human rights of that native population.

    My sympathies in this case go to the Palestinians, not for their race or religion, but for their basic humanity, a humanity which responds to assaults against their human rights as would any other group of human beings faced with outrageous bigotry, oppression, inequality and injustice.

    stone owl wrote:

    For the record, for two years in Greece, I taught at a private school, owned by and for Palestinian families. It was an 'eye-opening' experience. Too bad we can't talk personally about it! What I can tell you is that while I was teaching there, the parents of these kids would tell me that they approved of having their children become martyrs and that they prayed to have a family of sons to go kill Israelis!! How can a mother or father say these words?

    When you heard those sentiments, what did you suppose inspired them?  Did you wonder at all about such desperation?  Did it convince you of the Otherness of those Palestinian families, or, understanding that all human beings have only so much endurance in the face of injustice, did it force you to think about the acute desperation of people who, fundamentally, do not differ all that much from you?

    When was the last time your home was demolished by an occupying military? When was the last time you had to live under the thumb of an occupying military force, where your land was violently and illegally stolen, where your neighbors faced daily harassment by settlers wielding machine guns? And on and on...

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 7 hours ago

    ulTRAX wrote:

    gumball wrote:
    ....there has been a 15 year pause in the warming trend.

    A pause isn't really the same as a long term reversal. We're still having some record hot years. 

    Climate is complex... so who says there MUST be only one variable at work? What about solar fluctuation in the total and types of radiation and volcanic activity, etc?

    Either way, to bet against CO2 being a greenhouse gas is to bet against physics.

    What's making this issue "political" are the interest groups who use it to push an agenda or feel threatened by it and want to discredit the science in order to maintain the status quo. .  

    My point is that this pause gos against all the predictions of doom and how can this pause be when we are constantly told with every report that it is "worse then we thought".

  • info. clusters & essay, focus: current era of economic history   1 day 7 hours ago

    I'm delighted by some of the ways my threads are delicately intimating various types of possible correspondencies with each other, and I wish I have had more time to devote to them but various annoying problems keep popping up and demanding my attention elsewhere. Sigh!

    This is as good a place as any to note that there are sometimes exceptions that prove the rule. On my thread "the central issue of food; political economy, history, politics" I have compiled numerous examples of how the current stage of capitalist re-organization at the global level, that is its preperatory maneuvers prior to its next growth cycle which will be more formally or systematically (in an abstract sense) situated at the global "level", requires the phenomenon of the "land grab", including privatization of public land, eviction of de-facto residents and tenders of the land and so forth. In the case of Tyson Chicken, however, we have a curious example of the opposite effect.

    Quote:

    http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/industrialized-chickenfarmi...
    "How Big Chicken took over America", by Michele Simon  April 18, 2014

    Leonard’s book dramatically describes how Tyson pioneered the vertically integrated system, in which the company owns every step of production, from hatching the eggs to slaughtering and packaging the final products. One step in the process remains “independent” because it’s the least profitable: raising the birds. Still, Tyson retains very tight controls over the growers and their operations, resulting in a kind of serf system. One chicken grower from North Carolina told the USDA at one of the 2010 hearings: “This system takes hardworking farmers and makes them indentured servants on their own land. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that our contract would be canceled if we did such and such.”

    Note how in other words the least profitable aspect of the business is owning the land upon which the chickens are raised. That seems to me to be the only logical conclusion as to why this aspect of the production chain is the least profitable: because it involves the problem of owning a large amount of land. The capitalist system puts upward pressure on the price of agricultural land because this assists in the profitable investment of capital by displacing costs from the prices of non-essential goods onto the producer of essential goods. The market-balancing of prices occurs via an indexing which keeps food-products above the cost of production so that the average wage is insufficient to purchase luxury goods reserved for higher-income workers (the "middle class" or "bourgeoisie").  Tracing the cycle through, agricultural subsidies by the government are probably necessary to keep this system in place and allow for the masses to have some scaled access of the both necessities which are widely available but also subject to a degree of artificial scarcity and non-necessities the distribution of which is weighted primarily to the managerial and bureaucratic sectors of the Imperial Workforce.

  • How to leap frog carbon...   1 day 7 hours ago

    A good leader leads by example and our country is corrupted. Viva voting.

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 8 hours ago

    gumball wrote:

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    They still are scientific issues, not political.  Man made CO2 is either a problem or it isn't, that is not a matter for the voters to decide.  Same thing with evolution, it is either the way it happened or it isn't, there is no in between.

    Public schools should present evolution as a theroy, and present the pros and cons of the theroy, then let the students decide.  To present evolution as the gospel truth is just as wrong as pretending that it doesn't exist.

    I disagree that global warming is not a political issue. I would submit that it is just as much about politics as it is about science. Have you noticed how many of the "scientific" reports that come out on includes something along the line of "it is worse then we thought"? Yet many of the previous predictions about more huricanes and such did not happen and there has been a 15 year pause in the warming trend.

    Ah huh, whatever you say gumbie. Meanwhile the oceans become warmer and warmer and more aciditic thereby making uninhabitable for some of the very basics of life in the oceans.  The ice sheets of the world are melting making new shore lines on every continient. Co2 content of the atmosphere is at levels not seen in a couple million years and still climbing at faster rate than can be documented in many millions of years but yeah how there be a problem? No issues in my back yard. Carry on.

  • Israel chaos   1 day 8 hours ago

    The next team will get this dumped in their laps anyway, so whatever Obama and Kerry are trying to do within their constraints will not reach any real place that matters.  Protecting Israel will continue to be the political reality while the geopolitical reality is that this is falling apart big time and Israel will be up shit creek with a bunch of nukes.

    Maybe the Christian Right will not get to pray in the Apocalypse because the Masada Israeli suicide path will do it before they can get Jesus to Jerusalem.

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 8 hours ago

    ulTRAX wrote:

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    ulTRAX wrote:

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    ulTRAX wrote:

    So if you're all for such equal time to fill in unknowns... how about in PoliSci... when we look for the origins of the far right wing's destroying  America all the time deluded they are saving it... we resort to theology and blame the Devil?

    You can teach whatever you want to in a Political Science class because whatever position you take is by definition a matter of opinion, not fact.

    Not if the Devil IS involved. But if you're saying no one can EVER scientifically determine why the far right is destroying America deluded they're saving it... then you're probably correct. Delusions are delusions and just because they happen to involve religion doesn't mean they tell us anything about cosmology... and if they involve politics it doesn't mean their study belongs in a political science class. Both belong more in the realm of abnormal psychology.

    Oh I get it, any political thought that does not agree with your position came from the devil.  Of course it did, and every thought that comes out of your head is 100% correct, sorry I keep forgetting that.  My bad   LOL

    So in your framework YOU can introduce theology into a hard science

    Yes I am missing the point of how I am trying to introduce theology into hard science.  All I am suggesting is present evolution as the theroy of the moment, point out why it is the theroy of the moment, then point out some of the holes that have not been answered right now.  State that there are some who reject evolution because of the holes in the theroy (a true statement, even though you happen to think those of us who see it that way are crazy) and let the students decide for themselves.

    I am having a real problem understanding what is wrong with that approach.

  • info. clusters & essay, focus: current era of economic history   1 day 8 hours ago

    I thought these articles put forth a lot of the basic information in a straightforward way. This could be a good starting point or basis for developing a rhetorical strategy based on historical fact.

    http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/23942-the-financialization-of-big-bus...
    "The Financialization of Big Business", By Paul Jay, The Real News Network  26 May 2014

    http://www.salon.com/2014/05/25/toxic_bankers_captive_regulators_everyth...
    "Toxic bankers, captive regulators: Everything you think about the housing market is wrong", Jennifer Taub  Sunday, May 25, 2014

    http://www.nomiprins.com/thoughts/2014/4/17/all-the-presidents-bankers-e...
    "All the Presidents' Bankers Excerpt: World Bank, IMF, Globalizing Wall Street", posted by Nomi Prins  April 17, 2014

  • Israel chaos   1 day 8 hours ago

    I look for an informal, maybe even formal, merger of BRIC with CELAC, if not all nations then the majority. Putin's current visits to Cuba and to Argentina aren't just little "get away from the office" excursions, while China's concurrent visit to Venezuela ties in nicely. The cards are still being dealt but it seems to me that the Russia/China hand will be hard to beat while B.O. and Kerry have yet to find a copy of Hoyle.

  • How the Republican Hold on the South Could Collapse   1 day 8 hours ago

    loganonenation wrote:
    It is a strategy that many have already referred to as: "the Obama Coalition". It leverages the acceptance of cultural change: Gay marriage, the defense of woman, minority, and immigrant rights, etc., as well as the general distaste for more war following Iraq, with the increasingly popular economic policies and rhetoric of Elizabeth Warren.
    While I support these movements, I wonder if on a macro sense some do more harm to the Dems than good.

    Our system disenfranchises many people and almost punishes some citizens who vote their conscience by throwing elections to the other side. In off year elections only about 35% of the Voting Age Population (VAP) bothers to vote and in presidential years... about 50-55%. There is a huge reserve of people out there that have their own political issues that neither party is addressing. Look how Reagan brought in Christian Fundies into the GOP. And no one person has but one attribute. A same sex married couple may want those rights extended... and they should be. But they also are workers with economic issues.

    I'm not a Dem but looking from the outside into the dynamics of a dysfunctional and braindead two party system.... I'm leaning towards the Dems focusing less on social issues and more on progressive economics... issues that affect more people and might bring in more to the Party. The social issues, of course will not go away. There will still be but one home in our current system.  

  • Israel chaos   1 day 8 hours ago

    The Jews have a long-term problem in the form of demographics which cannot be solved by settlements alone since non-Jews are also Israeli citizens and not only living in the occupied territories. Therefore it is a given that the degree of restraint shown by Israel is due to external factors. The Israeli goal of Israel becoming a Jewish state officially is a necessity for the survival of Israel.

    Since the Palestinians won't give on the issue of "right of return" for Palestinians, the Israeli settlements will continue to demonstrate that Israel's long-term strategy will be geographic, economic and political dominance. If Palestinians have been living under the conditions Chomsky describes this long without giving up there is no reason to believe this won't drag out for a long time, blown up babies and all. Maybe Russia or France or China will be Israel's future best friend while U.S. policy shifts toward the direction the Saudi's wish, since we've eliminated their biggest potential threats Iraq and Iran. But whatever shifts of this nature occur there is no reason to believe that some sort of balance of power will not steadily emerge throughout these changes, which is why it is illogical to expect a quick military victory by either side in respect to the Israel-Palestine question.

    Its easy to see that with the supposed schism between Hamas' militants and its political wing that the unity government between Hamas and the PA will be one of the casualties.

    As far as that Temple or whatever it is, the U.N. could take it over and convert it into a nuclear waste dump.

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 8 hours ago

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    ulTRAX wrote:

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    ulTRAX wrote:

    So if you're all for such equal time to fill in unknowns... how about in PoliSci... when we look for the origins of the far right wing's destroying  America all the time deluded they are saving it... we resort to theology and blame the Devil?

    You can teach whatever you want to in a Political Science class because whatever position you take is by definition a matter of opinion, not fact.

    Not if the Devil IS involved. But if you're saying no one can EVER scientifically determine why the far right is destroying America deluded they're saving it... then you're probably correct. Delusions are delusions and just because they happen to involve religion doesn't mean they tell us anything about cosmology... and if they involve politics it doesn't mean their study belongs in a political science class. Both belong more in the realm of abnormal psychology.

    Oh I get it, any political thought that does not agree with your position came from the devil.  Of course it did, and every thought that comes out of your head is 100% correct, sorry I keep forgetting that.  My bad   LOL

    You're missing the point.... or are you simply evading it. I'm not religious so I know my proposal is just for fun. I neither believe in Sky Tyrant or the Devil.

    You, however, ARE religious.

    So in your framework YOU can introduce theology into a hard science... but I can't propose doing the same with a soft science? And where is it Biblically impermissible to suggest the "Devil" can't influence human affairs?

    What YOU'RE trying to do is claim YOUR theology is valid and can be imposed on others... but no one better even suggest theology be use against what YOU want to believe.

    So who really suffers from delusions of infallibility... aye Einstein?

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 8 hours ago

    gumball wrote:
    ....there has been a 15 year pause in the warming trend.

    A pause isn't really the same as a long term reversal. We're still having some record hot years. 

    Climate is complex... so who says there MUST be only one variable at work? What about solar fluctuation in the total and types of radiation and volcanic activity, etc?

    Either way, to bet against CO2 being a greenhouse gas is to bet against physics.

    What's making this issue "political" are the interest groups who use it to push an agenda or feel threatened by it and want to discredit the science in order to maintain the status quo. .  

  • U.S. lawmakers introduce resolutions backing Israel's collective punishment in Gaza   1 day 8 hours ago

    For those who would like to learn more of House Resolution 657 these are official sources for both the original and engrossed versions plus signatories:

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hres657

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hres657/text

    Text of Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding United States support for the State of Israel as it defends ...

    ...it defends itself against unprovoked rocket attacks from the Hamas terrorist organization.

    This simple resolution was agreed to on July 11, 2014. That is the end of the legislative process for a simple resolution. The text of the bill below is as of Jul 11, 2014 (Passed the House (Engrossed)).

    Download PDF

    Source: GPO

    H. RES. 657

    In the House of Representatives, U. S.,

    July 11, 2014

    RESOLUTION

    Whereas Hamas is a United States-designated terrorist organization whose charter calls for the destruction of the State of Israel;

    Whereas Hamas continues to reject the Quartet’s core principles—recognize Israel’s right to exist, renounce violence, and accept previous Israeli-Palestinian agreements;

    Whereas Hamas has killed hundreds of Israelis and dozens of Americans in rocket attacks and suicide bombings;

    Whereas since Israel’s withdrawal from Gaza in 2005, Hamas and other terrorist groups have fired thousands of rockets at Israel;

    Whereas since June 2014, Hamas has fired nearly 300 rockets at Israel;

    Whereas Hamas’s weapons arsenal includes approximately 12,000 rockets that vary in range;

    Whereas Iran has long provided material support to Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad, including assistance that has enabled these terrorist organizations to produce longer-range rockets capable of striking Tel Aviv and Jerusalem;

    Whereas innocent Israeli civilians are indiscriminately targeted by Hamas rocket attacks;

    Whereas the United States and Israel have cooperated on missile defense projects, including Iron Dome, David’s Sling, and the Arrow Anti-Missile System, projects designed to thwart a diverse range of threats, including short-range missiles and rockets fired by non-state actors, such as Hamas;

    Whereas the United States has provided $235,000,000 in fiscal year 2014 for Iron Dome research, development, and production;

    Whereas, during the most recent rocket attacks from Gaza, Iron Dome has successfully intercepted dozens of rockets that were launched against Israeli population centers; and

    Whereas 5 million Israelis are currently living under the threat of rocket attacks from Gaza: Now, therefore, be it

    That the House of Representatives—

    (1)

    reaffirms its support for Israel’s right to defend its citizens and ensure the survival of the State of Israel;

    (2)

    condemns the unprovoked rocket fire at Israel; and

    (3)

    calls on Hamas to immediately cease all rocket and other attacks against Israel.

    Clerk.

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 9 hours ago

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    They still are scientific issues, not political.  Man made CO2 is either a problem or it isn't, that is not a matter for the voters to decide.  Same thing with evolution, it is either the way it happened or it isn't, there is no in between.

    Public schools should present evolution as a theroy, and present the pros and cons of the theroy, then let the students decide.  To present evolution as the gospel truth is just as wrong as pretending that it doesn't exist.

    I disagree that global warming is not a political issue. I would submit that it is just as much about politics as it is about science. Have you noticed how many of the "scientific" reports that come out on includes something along the line of "it is worse then we thought"? Yet many of the previous predictions about more huricanes and such did not happen and there has been a 15 year pause in the warming trend.

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 9 hours ago

    ulTRAX wrote:

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    ulTRAX wrote:

    So if you're all for such equal time to fill in unknowns... how about in PoliSci... when we look for the origins of the far right wing's destroying  America all the time deluded they are saving it... we resort to theology and blame the Devil?

    You can teach whatever you want to in a Political Science class because whatever position you take is by definition a matter of opinion, not fact.

    Not if the Devil IS involved. But if you're saying no one can EVER scientifically determine why the far right is destroying America deluded they're saving it... then you're probably correct. Delusions are delusions and just because they happen to involve religion doesn't mean they tell us anything about cosmology... and if they involve politics it doesn't mean their study belongs in a political science class. Both belong more in the realm of abnormal psychology.

    Oh I get it, any political thought that does not agree with your position came from the devil.  Of course it did, and every thought that comes out of your head is 100% correct, sorry I keep forgetting that.  My bad   LOL

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 9 hours ago

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    ulTRAX wrote:

    So if you're all for such equal time to fill in unknowns... how about in PoliSci... when we look for the origins of the far right wing's destroying  America all the time deluded they are saving it... we resort to theology and blame the Devil?

    You can teach whatever you want to in a Political Science class because whatever position you take is by definition a matter of opinion, not fact.

    Not if the Devil IS involved. But if you're saying no one can EVER scientifically determine why the far right is destroying America deluded they're saving it... then you're probably correct. Delusions are delusions and just because they happen to involve religion doesn't mean they tell us anything about cosmology... and if they involve politics it doesn't mean their study belongs in a political science class. Both belong more in the realm of abnormal psychology.

  • Speculation Kills ..... Supply & Demand   1 day 10 hours ago

    Back in 2006, the Wall Street Journal scoffed at Buffet's claims of derivatives being weapons of mass destruction, but in 2011 the NY Times said Buffet's most ardent fans questioned his commitment to that statement due to his high level of action in derivatives. He responded:

    Mr. Buffett appeared to backpedal from his oft-quoted line, explaining: “I don’t think they’re evil per se. It’s just, they, I mean there’s nothing wrong with having a futures contract or something of the sort. But they do let people engage in massive mischief.”

    Avoidance of massive mischief is not such a bad thing, is it?

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 10 hours ago

    ulTRAX wrote:

    Mauiman2 wrote:
    Oh I get it, just because I point out a few things that the theroy of evolution can't explain, that makes me part of the Christian Taliban.  Sorry buddy facts are facts, and you do not get to vote on them.  And just becasue someone points out a few facts that don't agree with your position does not make them a lunatic.

    So if you're all for such equal time to fill in unknowns... how about in PoliSci... when we look for the origins of the far right wing's destroying  America all the time deluded they are saving it... we resort to theology and blame the Devil?

    You can teach whatever you want to in a Political Science class because whatever position you take is by definition a matter of opinion, not fact.

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 10 hours ago

    Mauiman2 wrote:
    Oh I get it, just because I point out a few things that the theroy of evolution can't explain, that makes me part of the Christian Taliban.  Sorry buddy facts are facts, and you do not get to vote on them.  And just becasue someone points out a few facts that don't agree with your position does not make them a lunatic.

    So if you're all for such equal time for theology to fill in scientific unknowns... how about in PoliSci... when we look for the origins of the far right wing's destroying  America all the time deluded they are saving it... we resort to theology and blame the Devil?

  • Correct my right wing friend on his huge misconceptions please   1 day 10 hours ago

    ulTRAX wrote:

    Mauiman2 wrote:

    rs allen wrote:

    Theology belongs in a separate class period.

    If one wants theology taught in school programs then make it a separate class.....where all religions are taught side by side. THEN the students can decide for themselves what is right. But it doesn't belong in science beside biology and evolution.

    Just point out the issues that evolutionists cannot explain.  And there are several of those.  That is not teaching theology.

    But you DO favor theological explanations being taught...

    You're under the false impression that science MUST have all the explanations for everything NOW... and if not, then theological or metaphysical explanations that have NO scientific evidence to back them deserve equal time.

    Do you ever listen to yourself?

     

    Where do I state that theology should be taught in a public school? Once again, you put words into my mouth, I don't appreciate that.  Misrepresent my position, then tear it down, that is a great way to make yourself look good!  If you had legitimate arguements you would not have to resort to that tactic!

    If you want to teach the theroy of evolution in a public school, fine.  But at least acknowledge that there are some holes in it, things that have not been answered.