Recent comments

• In 1952, Woody Guthrie wrote a song about Trump's father, Fred Trump   18 min 5 sec ago

Helen i'm commenting here, because i hope a few of these people will get a chance to read some of your fine posts, before they slide off this page into internet oblivion. Many times i don't necessarily agree with them, but they are still for the most part very well written.

Here's a fine example "Should we return to the Democratic Party my grandfather help Humphrey break?"

• Dead Police Officers in Baton Rouge: Anglo Cognitive Dissonance (ACD) VI and A Message to Thom Hartmann   25 min 54 sec ago

Tom

Now this is getting silly, this looks like childish school yard stuff. One good thing though that comes from this, you keep Kenyatta's fine post front and centre, so carry on both of you :-)

Tom ,thank you bye the way for your best wishes on my previous demise, very kind of you :-)

Ghost my friend how are you?

• One Hobson's Choice Deserves Another   3 hours 45 min ago

Dear Tom Dorricott,

Did you happen to watch Real Time with Bill Maher last night? When confronted with the same "barn burning" logic from Dr. Cornel West, Bill suggested Cornel consider the following analogy:

You are in a train station in Los Angeles. You want to get to a wedding in San Francisco. You have two trains to choose from. One takes you to San Francisco, only it's a lot slower then you would like. The other takes you to HELL! Now choose.

• Trump Gets His Talking Points from Storm Front   4 hours 13 min ago

Trump would be far more easily contained than the Clintons. He doesn't have anything like the political and oligarchic infrastructure that they have developed for themselves. Have you read Simon Head's article in the NYReview of Books? If not, you should. Professor Head is a respected academic who does his research. Here is the link:

The Clinton System

BTW, when I did a search on the article name in Duck Duck Go, I couldn't find it on the first page. When I then did a search on ixquick, it was at the top. Interesting.

Also, please do not forget Mark 8:36

• Thom Hartmann App on my iPhone is down. Anybody Else Experiencing This?   5 hours 13 min ago

This means that even if you get stuck somewhere at work, you can order pizza delivery to your place of work. brooklyns original No matter when you decide to eat your favorite food, you can always have it delivered to you.

• Hillary - Give Bernie One Debate Against Trump for Solidarity   5 hours 35 min ago

Let Dr Jill Stien and Gary Johnson in the debate.

• Dead Police Officers in Baton Rouge: Anglo Cognitive Dissonance (ACD) VI and A Message to Thom Hartmann   6 hours 58 min ago

Keny-Al-Ghost: Ah, the second wanna-be Bunyip heard from. How would you sign your autograph? I would suggest : "Best of Luck, from Mad Manic Moronic Melanic # 2."

"Pull!"

• Hillary - Give Bernie One Debate Against Trump for Solidarity   7 hours 28 min ago

Let Bernie debate both of them as an independent. That will never happen, but it would be interesting. Hillary would be the only one of the three for the TPP.

• I’m voting for Bernie (by voting for Hillary)   7 hours 35 min ago

Bernie's going back to be an independent, not a Democrat. Actions speak louder than speeches.

• No TPP: Trump Pence Presidency   7 hours 38 min ago

His point might be that Trunp might very get more votes that Hillary, and the electoral college might be needed to come to the rescue. We'll see. If nothing else, this election will be exciting and entertaining.

• Grim News - CO2 Concentration Teetering On Point Of No Return   9 hours 59 min ago

“I'm Becky Anderson and I am a healthy and active 43 year old female, a sad story but tears of Joy thanks Dr Palmer. In March of 2013, I was diagnosed with an intramedulary spinal tumor at L1. In June of 2013, 40% of the tumor was removed by UCSF and was biopsied as a Grade 1 Astrocytoma and I was prescribed 37 rounds of radiation. By August of 2013, the tumor had not only completely grown back, but had increased in size…about 3 centimeters tall and over a centimeter wide. At this point, it was pushing on the spinal cord enough that I was losing function of bowel, bladder, and especially, right leg. USCF admitted me as an emergency and they excised the entire tumor, which then biopsied as a Grade 4 Glioblastoma. More radiation ensued and almost a year of Temodar. Just over a year later, in October of 2014, it was discovered that the Glioblastoma had returned in its entirety and was once again taking away my function. In Desperation i contacted Dr Palmer at;(DRJACQUELINEPALMERHEALTHCARE@LIVE.COM) and procured the oil.
    I started a regimen of [Constance’s] Cannabis Oil. Slowly, I built my tolerance until I hit the full dose. I followed the regimen for 3 months starting in November of 2014 and finished in January of 2015. In March of 2015, the MRI’s showed a significant of CANCER FREE. Both my oncologist and my radiologist seemed both impressed and excited at such significant results which leads me to believe they didn’t expect such a drastic change in my status thanks to Dr Palmer and God bless you”

Sincerely
    Becky Anderson

• Need a reason to feel good about your Presidential vote this year?   10 hours 25 min ago
    Quote rs allen:

reply #7

No joy there for me. Doug never handed out his mailing address did he? If he did I missed it.

If I thought I could handle it I'd set up something like an email central or clearance house where all the marooned Hartman members could make contact with each other.

Like I said, there's going to be a lot of people from around here I'm going to miss. Yep sho nuff was fun while it lasted. So long, it been nice know'n yall.

Neither doug nor I are going to post our emails on this heavily watched site. That you can bet on. There used to be a private messaging option several message board's back, but they switched that off. You could safely trade emails through that. Doug and I did. You could also make contact with people at a more personal and less public level, and thus build a kind of network through which implicit understanding will grow, which can really change the nature of disagreement. You can't do community neighborhood building without that sort of informal, back yard intimacy feature. It's part of our social nature. Put those factors together and then ask: what can a TH community possibly be without private messaging? There have always been people I talk to behind the scenes everywhere I've ever been.

Well, we can trade emails at my blog, I can delete anything public once they're exchanged. That's the advantage of controlling your own Internet property. But it's kind of like where I live now, nobody comes here. Which is fine with me, I have the trees, the river, the wildlife, the scenery, lots of wonderful environment where I can just be. The Internet isn't really like that.

• Need a reason to feel good about your Presidential vote this year?   10 hours 41 min ago
    Quote citizen1956:

ren.,I agree climate change is single greatest threat that hamanity has ever or will face and at least the Democratic Party recognizes it.

I still can't get around the fact the Obama administration with the help of the fossil-fuel lobby promoted "fracking" here and around the world.

Sec. Clinton went as far as strong arming reluctant foreign governments (because of their own grassroots opposition) with economic threats.

The Republican Party is a complete disaster to the point of pulling out of the Paris Agreement,so I understand your concern.

I'm still trying to find out what happened to my other blog post. It was titled: "It's the Environment, Stupid," a play on the other Clinton's '92 campaign slogan, "It's the Economy Stupid" -- which even then I thought was a Republican-invented slogan. Kind of a wake up call to what was to come, I see now. And then shortly after Clinton was elected a bunch of us went up against NAFTA and GATT with our research on what it would do and were simply ignored in favor of what we now see as the neoliberalism both Obama and H Clinton embrace. At the time, that was a popular term in South American academic circles. Another form of immigration. So none of this is particularly new to me.

• Need a reason to feel good about your Presidential vote this year?   10 hours 55 min ago
    Quote Legend:

I am basically done with Hartmann. Censoring shocked me. Then doing away with the forums. I listen to the show but now finding other places to go. Suggest the Axe files on Itunes. David Axlerod doing interviews. It is new. And free.

I hear you, I'm still registering mini afterquakes from my own shock.

Problem for me is there's really no where for me to go. At a certain point, I became coldly savvy to the propaganda and everything I see now goes down with a different very editative narrative in my own mind. I couldn't watch and listen to Obama's speech at the convention, (sent to me through email by MoveOn), I had to read the transcript instead. Email headline from Truthdig this morning talks about two Americas emerging from these two Parties' conventions. Not the two different views within the two parties, no, not that, but one America within that warring two party system and another outside it. Well, I feel I'm outside even that so there're probably more than two Americas.

I haven't really felt any sense of belonging here for years. But they've tolerated me, much as they've tolerate the conservatives who many would like to see banned as trolls. I learn from them, so I don't want that.

The people who I once found some sense of community with on this site left en masse back in 2006. Together we started a board of our own, I was the administrator simply because I get the tech stuff fairly easily. Inevitably it died a quiet death. Lesson: you don't keep things going on the net without some kind of draw. Thom is a big draw.

Really learned a lot about how this software works when I was an administrator, and how controlling the software creates a de facto form of ownership in this invisible land called the Internet. I get what's involved for Louise, Sue and Nigel, to some degree. This is their site, ownership matters. Put ownership up against freedom, aka democracy, and what will happen? Owners feel like they're herding cats. Cat fights are noisy. Freedom -- free (from) dom (ination) -- becomes an oxymoron. First come the rules, then comes the enforcement. From my own studies in anthropology, I see that independent cultures (free from powerful dominating neighbors -- neighbors like various civilized empires like the U.S. is now) die through this process of ownership, control and enforcement.

A few of us stayed on here as well. Antifascist and douglaslee are two. For me it remained a place I can write without a lot of censorship, and I've continued to learn from this site. Maybe this latest transition is just another lesson. Almost all of the others from that ancient disruption gravitated to Facebook. I discovered Facebook. I can't do Facebook, twitter and all that. I'm still there but I don't do anything with it.

• Need a reason to feel good about your Presidential vote this year?   11 hours 15 sec ago

reply #7

• Need a reason to feel good about your Presidential vote this year?   11 hours 20 sec ago

As far as the blog I am new here so I defer to the veterans.I do hope it will return to normal and all its contributors return.It is a place where you can tap into a collective wisdom.

• Need a reason to feel good about your Presidential vote this year?   11 hours 5 min ago

• Trump Gets His Talking Points from Storm Front   11 hours 34 min ago

Donald Trumps faith in the gullibility of his listeners is extraordinary!

• No TPP: Trump Pence Presidency   12 hours 43 min ago

Your point is?

• The Party of the Roaches, Rats and Stink Bugs   13 hours 51 min ago

Yes!! I agree with You Jon Hoye, stray dogs are not so dangerous, but yard dogs are guaranteed to bite. Keeping distance with cootie hoarders will be good as a precaution, instead of getting ill. I think the republican party could have been better if they would have exterminated the bug, rats from the professional http://californiarodentcontrol.com/ . And no such issues like a bug bite and rat chew could have been Occurred in party.

• Need a reason to feel good about your Presidential vote this year?   14 hours 44 min ago

• Full Show 7/29/16: Does Hillary Really Hear the Berners?   18 hours 54 min ago

Priority: Bust Trump’s Bubble

{… a rhyme …}

Progressives play

too little a role.

The Establishment’s way

remains in control. …

… Too bad: what They say

becomes the Dems’ goal. -

- But at least maybe they

can dump Trump in a hole.

… … …

Hillary we’ll have to tol-e-rate

in hope that The Donald she can deflate.

Progressives have to sit and wait

for a Later chance to make America great.

… … …

Priority the {first} fust:

Trump’s bubble to {burst} bust.

================================

• Grim News - CO2 Concentration Teetering On Point Of No Return   19 hours 49 min ago

anthropogenic climate disruption (ACD), Anthropenic just means basically: caused by humanstOne thing that is true, is this issue of what is now being callled anthropogenic climate disruption (ACD), Anthropenic just means basically: caused by humans, is not something that our children will be dealing with is what we all are facing now. We have set the engine in motion and no matter what we do it's now too late. As Queenbeethatsme said Guy Mcpherson was able to think a bit bigger then some others and connect the dots. For that he is being called an eco terrorist by some in President Obhama's White House staff. But who are the real terrorists. And yes we are all to blame for this, however a I have heard Guy say many times, we are ll born into this civilation. We know nothing else. However the Oil companies did know. Their own scientists I believe it was at least 40 years ago warned those running those companies that they couldn't keep their same carbon spewing buisness model and not have serious consequences occcur. They chose to ignor those warnings then go on to lie to the world about what is really going on. And here is a link to a blog that shows that right now this is already affecting this and that many alive today will be watching our own exctinction. This isn't about something we won't have to worry about just our children. Here is the link, I think you will find it quite the eye opener.

• Dead Police Officers in Baton Rouge: Anglo Cognitive Dissonance (ACD) VI and A Message to Thom Hartmann   20 hours 4 min ago

Hey Brother Al. What can I say? This boy Is beyond ignorant. He talks a lot about my big bro's groupies--I think he is the most fanatic of all. Maybe I'll get an autograph for this inbred.Other than that he's really too stupid to bother with. Must have a shitty life.

• Grim News - CO2 Concentration Teetering On Point Of No Return   20 hours 30 min ago

At this point with a 1000 year remedial time frame, it no longer matters what we do or do not do. Man kind will be long gone by the time the earth corrects itself, and most of humanity will be dead long before then.

Community Archive

Grim News - CO2 Concentration Teetering On Point Of No Return

We start at Cape Grim in Australia - where an atmospheric measuring station is picking up atmospheric CO2 levels that are on the verge of breaking 400 parts per million for the first time in human history.