Recent comments

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   1 day 6 hours ago
    Quote Legend:

You say that any lefty can understand your reference. What I do understand is it has nothing to do with the "Gun Show Loophole" which was the subject.

Obviously I was incorrect. I should have said "any leftie with their head out of their rectum" could read and understand the Federal Law regarding the sale of guns regardless of their place of purchase, gun show or back alley. Clearly you are one of the stubborn ones what lives in a shallow world wearing blinders. It must be difficult for you to communicate with most people. Is this a recent issue or have you had this problem all of your life?

• A REAL right wing SICKO   1 day 9 hours ago

I saw a coffee mug online that Diane might like to add to her Trump Collection.

When Trump is done we are all going to need much more than a shower.

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   1 day 12 hours ago
    Quote Dianereynolds:
    Quote Legend:

Post facts and references Diane. It is easy.

I love your link and I suppose if I wanted to turn this into a long gun control discussion which since the election I no longer have to concern myself with for a good number of years, so banter on this topic is for the most part a waste of time other than to correct the leftie/socialists comments with FACTS.

Your link, like my natural pre election response, would most likely come from an equally biased source such as the NSSF or NRA. Let's stop the back and forth with ACTUAL FACTS, the current existing FEDERAL LAWS, not one groups interpretation of these laws.

I will make it easy for you with actual statutes. You appear to have plenty of time on your hands so take each of these statutes and read them. They are clear and easy even for a leftie to understand. That last sentence is clearly incorrect but I will leave it in anyway.

After the appointment or nomination of probably three Supreme Court Justices, 14 Federal Appeals court judges and now nearly 100 other Federal judge appointments, not to mention the restacking of the DC appeals courts of which the incoming Trump administration has been made very aware.

I hope these existing laws will add a requirement of a mandatory no questions, no negotiation, no three strikes, no parole, five year sentence BEFORE any other punishment is adjudicated for those who commit a felony crime with a firearm. The same law would apply to possession of stolen firearms. That ought to boost the need for a few for profit prisons (oh the horor), at least until the gang bangers and street thugs fully understand the true meaning of hard time.

• American TAX PAYER money gives ISRAEL family of FOUR $2000 EVERY YEAR   1 day 18 hours ago

Israel has hundreds of nukes it hid from the world nuclear watch dogs which it developed covertly as it was telling the watchdogs it wasn't, something Israel hypocritically accuses Iran of. You can bet Israel has a dozen or two aim at at America. This is a country that has been caught spying on the US which it receives billions in aid from each year, this is also the country that has aided those committing treason against the US , Israel a country that tried to kill 200 US servicemen when it attacked the USS Liberty in an attempt to frame the slaughter on the Arabs.

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   1 day 20 hours ago

Kilosqrd

You can lie to yourself , but when you post your lies here, i'll call bullshit on you everytime.

"Obama said Wednesday that Congress should, at a minimum, take up legislation that would bar anyone on the federal terrorist watch list from buying a gun. He told CBS News "some may be aware of the fact that we have a no-fly list where people can't get on planes but those same people who we don't allow to fly could go into a store right now in the United States and buy a firearm and there's nothing that we can do to stop them. That's a law that needs to be changed.”

But House Republicans have rejected several Democratic attempts to use a procedural motion to bring that legislation to the House floor this week."

" Democrats were less forgiving. Rhode Island congressman David Cicilline slammed the “tyranny of the majority” and Republicans’ “deliberate inaction in the face of 33,000 deaths caused by gun violence each year”.

Kilo i can cite you dozens and dozens the right wing has stood in the way of gun control, even after Sandy Hook when a madman killed dozens of 5 and 6 year olds. But according to right wing web sites that never happened. People like you are monsterous and need a day of reckoning, where someone close to you is gun down by a nut given access to gun by your republican party

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   1 day 21 hours ago

Which validates my recommendation of using the MMPI (you can Google it) in all gun purchases. One of the many conditions that it picks out is depression. It is used by many employers and in security checks. I am sure that it is not perfect but it is good.

• Thom Hartmann App on my iPhone is down. Anybody Else Experiencing This?   1 day 21 hours ago

Nigel,

On my iPhone 6 (iOS 10.1.1)I have been getting the error "NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 68" for a very long time, even across iOS updates and Thom Hartmann app updates. Can you recommend a fix for me?

Thanks,

Bill

Plantaton FL

• A REAL right wing SICKO   1 day 22 hours ago
    Quote zapdam:Dianereynolds ,I think you've become one of my favorite people here on this site. I still think you're beliefs make you a 'wack job' , but you're sense of humor and smarts make you a delight to converse with. Either way ,like it or not, you're getting another big hug from your northern neighbor.

I need a shower.

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   1 day 22 hours ago
    Quote Legend:

Does the fact that more people have been murdered by people using guns (as if there is a big difference) since 1968 then all of the deaths in American wars?

You are also suffering from severe paranoia and should see a shrink K.

More ways facts can be twisted. From your provided link. The bold is mine just to point out the FACTS between self inflicted, actual crime, and accidents.

"These figures refer to all gunfire-related deaths, not just homicides. In fact, homicides represent a minority of gun deaths, with suicides comprising the biggest share. In 2013, according to CDC data, 63 percent of gun-related deaths were from suicides, 33 percent were from homicides, and roughly 1 percent each were from accidents, legal interventions and undetermined causes.
    There’s a risk in using a statistic like this to decry mass homicides carried out with guns. Using total firearm-related deaths makes the case against guns more dramatic than just using homicides alone."

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   1 day 22 hours ago

You are also suffering from severe paranoia and should see a shrink K.

• American TAX PAYER money gives ISRAEL family of FOUR $2000 EVERY YEAR   1 day 23 hours ago

What country is going to take on Israel? Jordan long ago gave up. Egypt can barely keep a Government together. Syria is totally in a Civil war and worse. Palestinians are reduced to throwing rocks. Hezbollah in Lebanon is holed up in caves. Iran is 1000 miles away.

Typical, outside of Legend, all you Yanks are well trained lemmings, either to stupid or to afraid to criticize Israel and its right wing extremist regime.

• A REAL right wing SICKO   1 day 23 hours ago

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   2 days 1 hour ago

"The left fully understands that. Tell it to the ones that have been murdered by guns" Legend

Really Legend? You are blaming an inanimate object. Well don't stop there. Try blaming the auto makers for drunk driving deaths. Blame the syringe and needle for drug overdoses. Blame knives for fatal stabbings. Blame tall buildings and bridges for suicides.

I noticed that Dylann Roof was sentenced to death a couple days ago. Why didn't they turn him loose and sentence his weapon to death? It seems that is the logical extension of your argument.

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   2 days 1 hour ago

Zapdam,

I am a reasonable person. Your ad hominem attack is typical of someone completely void of facts. You make up lies and throw them out hoping one will stick. Your response is one lie after another. You have zero credibilty. The republicans armed Adam Lanza? Really? Take your stupid emotional, cry me a river, senseless comment and shove it. NOT ONE law, post Sandy Hook, on the books now or subsequently proposed would have stopped that shooting. NOT ONE. Adam Lanza killed his own mother, then stole her completely legally bought and owned firearms.

So, what is sensible gun legislation? Save me the long list of failed answers. I know them all. What the left fails to understand is human nature. Prohibition? Does that ring a bell? Alcohol? Drugs? You can ban things until you are blue in the face. People will always have guns. People can make them. It isn't a secret how to make one. Most advances in small arms technology started in someone's garage. Are you going to put an LEO in everyone's private shop that has the necessary tools that can produce a firearm? Why stop there? There are things like crossbows, bow and arrows, slingshots, homemade bombs etc. etc.

So you can stop the holier than thou routine. I, along with millions of decent law-abiding people, will not surrender our firearms. Call me names, insult me all you want, but it will not change the fact that I have a right to self defense. That right includes being able to at least match the firepower of any potential assailant. As the old saying goes "It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".

• COPS NOT EVEN in TOP TEN of DANGEROUS JOBS   2 days 1 hour ago
    Quote Legend:

Post facts and references Diane. It is easy.

• Is Trump Right As Rain on NAFTA & Offshoring?   2 days 1 hour ago

I'm glad to see you don't have a brain. You people really need to update your argument. You people are programmed to believe that the DNC didn't lose the election. They in fact did. It wasn't Russia. It was cheating and discouraging would-be allies in the first place, but you sycophants demanded fealty to a cheater.

• Is Trump Right As Rain on NAFTA & Offshoring?   2 days 1 hour ago

If you think Trump was always wrong, you've missed an opportunity to find common ground, and understanding as to why democrats lost this election. Free trade agreements was one major factor, besides the other obvious cheating the Clinton campaign and DNC performed during the primaries. The Midwest is bleeding, but you sycophants don't care about anything else but your own desires. The current path is unsustainable in the Midwest and Rust Belt. It must be changed. If we don't get something to stop the bleeding, we'll cause as much pain as it takes for everyone to suffer what we are. It isn't just lower incomes, it's the cost of living is artificially higher due directly to urbanites and their involvement in our workforces. They, urbanites, demand lower costs for goods and services, at the cost of lives in the working class communities.

• Good Cops and Bad Cops: Why There is So Much Skepticism of Law Enforcement   2 days 3 hours ago

Come on gumbie, don't let some white nationalist play ring around the rosey games for you.

Answer my questions posed, why shouldn't any weapons transfer not come under the same federal guide lines any dealer has to now meet........such as reporting the transfer and the subsequent background check the buyer must go through?

• Is Trump Right As Rain on NAFTA & Offshoring?   2 days 4 hours ago

When Mitch McConnell sets it on Putins Puppet desk he will sign it.

• A REAL right wing SICKO   2 days 4 hours ago

Now I am responsible for slavery?

There was a rumor going around that so called African kings actually kidnapped blacks & traded them to Arab slavers, and if it weren't for this, the odds of black slaves being sent to the Americas would have been non existent. Silly me.

Quote zapdam.:

"DianeReynolds you're one of those 'stupidest fucking electorate on the face of the planet' I keep talking about. The world, civilized Americans and myself are sick of moronic people like you, you're not worth the breath to try and sway you, so Piss off. So go f""k off and stick your phoney nationalism up your arse, you right wing troll."

• The Donald Ducks Conflict Of Interest Issue   2 days 4 hours ago

Relax deepspace, I have already sought help and the diagnosis was, plastic surgery or a belt sander would be needed to wipe the smile off my face.

• Cory Booker votes to save Big Pharma   2 days 8 hours ago

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px Helvetica}

IMPUNITY {1.60 limericks}

How long can the Right with impunity

continue to wreck our community

of citizens with stakes

in avoiding the mistakes

of the Trump-AltRight-Plutocrat triunity?

Are there no brakes,

for goodness’ sakes?

Has the Left lost all opportunity?

================================

• US HEATH care and it's ABOUT to get WORSE   2 days 12 hours ago

Quote TomDorr "Zap: I don't have to take back my country. I love it the way it is. I worked hard for 39 years for a living, I have great retirement benefits and healthcare. I also fought hard for it, as my railroad union predecessors did for 110 years. "

So TomDorr as usual I can take it that as long as you've got got yours you couldn't give a fuck about your fellow Americans, because TomDorr, there's lots of needless suffering in America, most because of outright greed, protected by people like you TomDorr, who of course has his ass covered and couldn't give two shits about anyone else in the world, let alone his own countrymen.

• Guns, Mental Health, Lowered Recruitment Standards and Trump’s “Bone Spurs”   2 days 13 hours ago

It is not one day. In this country we get mass shootings a couple of times per week, on average, and we lead the world in gun violence by a long shot (pun intended). Other than "gun control" does anyone have any other, better solutions? Sure: eliminate mental illness and crime. And maybe domestic violence and terrorism, or anger of any sort. Until then, this country should enter the 21st century and join in with every other civilized nation and restrict firearms.

Is Trump Right As Rain on NAFTA & Offshoring?

When asked during his confirmation hearing on Wednesday about his position on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, former Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson - Donald Trump's pick for Secretary of State - said that while he did not personally oppose the agreement, it didn't further America's interests in its current form.