Recent comments

• When did democrats become the party of useful idiots   2 days 3 hours ago

blue dog democrats in the south had a long history of being useful idiots at the state level!!! But I think it was the eighties that ruined cars, buildings and clothing along with the democrats!!!

• Is Kaine able?   2 days 3 hours ago
    Quote ShellyT:

I don't know a lot about Kaine but what I read about him is positive, except for the TPP support. But online in places where I go to read progressive comments about politics, he seems almost hated. What is going on here? Does he really suck as bad as Bernie Sanders supporters online say he does? BTW I am a Bernie Sanders supporter and always will be, but plan to vote for Hillary unless some horrible information about her is revealed that is actually true.

• Hillary’s VP Choice Will Show If “Unity” Talk Is Just Hot Air   2 days 4 hours ago

Why does everyone seem so surprised?

Wait till you see what she does IF elected...

• No Contributions for Political Fools   2 days 4 hours ago

Amen.

I feel SO Betrayed -- It IS Kaine!!!

These are sad times.

I get the same eMails. I couldn't really afford to give Bernie the few small donations I gave him. The others (with those exceptions -- I still want Real Dems to take Back OUR party) can get my money from the companies they let steal from me. If they get corporate money they don't need any more of mine.

The only reason the phonies ask for $1 donations is to lower their average donation stats anyway. All part of the disingenuous perception game to pretend to be populists.

Their arrogance is really offensive.

• It's not enough just to call Trump an authoritarian   2 days 5 hours ago

I don't think trump is much of an ideology! Void of his racism which is scary more so because of hate groups! I honesty see him selling of positions in his admin! He is more than likely going to be less hands on than regan! Its not yes men but corruption worse than dick cheny haliburton! Neo cons trying to start more wars in his admin we need to worry about!!! Little Hands trump americas Caligula lmao will more than likely trigger the crash! waste trillions giving kick backs to companies who will expand out trump corp! This is him fleecing this country for self gain!

• Questions for Trump   2 days 5 hours ago

case in point this thread

• Be afraid, be very afraid...of Donald Trump?   2 days 5 hours ago

Thank you for your civilized response. Trump never had any intention of being tied down to a low-paying job for four years, so I'm pretty sure Clinton won't need my vote to get the job. Regardless of how I voted, however, I would have to be either pretty ignorant or just plain selfish to sleep comfortably with the Clintons in the White House for another four to eight years, even if I didn't have younger relatives facing the brunt of their coziness with the fossil fuel industry and the military-industrial complex:

• Good as Goldman: Hillary and Wall Street   2 days 5 hours ago

Also this election will be about the outsiders vs the insiders. Yes Trump's VP is an insider but Trump isn't and HRC is and she picked a insider, literally the former head of the DNC, and gives Trump an opening she shouldn't be giving him.

By the way, given he was in charge in 2010 doesn't seem like a great idea given how bad he did in that national election.

• Good as Goldman: Hillary and Wall Street   2 days 5 hours ago
    Quote Don B.:This choice for VP is a slap in the face to all Bernie Supporters. To show such disrespect towards not just Bernie Sanders and the issues he stands for but insulting all who voted for him and support him is dumb and will cost her votes. To be so arrogant to assume Bernie's Voters will simply all vote for her cause Trump is worse will work for most but not all and that sense of entitlement may cost her the election . Then we are stuck with Trump and his Radical VP and the damage they will do.

whom ever is president is looking at a wallstreet! Trump wins the old guard republicans and the ted cruz right wing! Will more than likely blame him and his crazy none conservative ideals! The left will blame him, which will allow a more progressive choice! But if i am wrong trump doesn't push for his sister as supreme court we will lose that!

Allot of sanders voters may not vote, honestly some will go to trump!! Some will vote for a green party progressive!

She clearly learned nothing that politics is changing she going to run like its 1992! She doesn't get those who hate trump aren't her fan its a toss up she will get them!!!

This might be low voter turn out purging minorities in florida hanging chad trump win here!!! Honestly if i was trump I would do two vp debates max! Just do interviews claim hilary is a lier and unfit to debate backseat the rest of this election!

• Hillary’s VP Choice Will Show If “Unity” Talk Is Just Hot Air   2 days 5 hours ago

Hillary's Donors said no to Senator Warren as VP and she just showed she's with them and will listen to them and not us. She also proved she won't stand up to them.

• Good as Goldman: Hillary and Wall Street   2 days 6 hours ago

• What happens in a musician's brain when they play a song?   2 days 6 hours ago

Music is a beautiful, magical sound. I'm so surprised and disappointed that people don't react more on this subject, because most people listen to it every day.

Where are the music lovers?

• Hillary’s VP Choice Will Show If “Unity” Talk Is Just Hot Air   2 days 6 hours ago

well so much for thoms strategy of pushing Hillary to the left.

Maybe she was confused, We told her she needs to pick a candidate on her left, she picked Kaine, Now we are saying no your other left.

• THE DNC NEEDS YOUR FEEDBACK!!!   2 days 6 hours ago

She voted for the Iraq War so reminding voters of that would be a mistake.

• Is Kaine able?   2 days 6 hours ago
    Quote ShellyT:

. He is not the anti christ nor is he a progressive! He is known to be more corporatist!! Not a hard liner!

• Is Kaine able?   2 days 6 hours ago
    Quote stwo:

You fuckin whack Todd.

I worked as chef for years!! we have our own style of humor!!! give me break gumball has to be a rush or beck fan!!

Do you watch the big bang? do you get the reference? We got allot of Sheldon's posting up in here!!

• Is Kaine able?   2 days 7 hours ago

• Is Kaine able?   2 days 7 hours ago

You fuckin whack Todd.

• Unless The Democrats Run Sanders, A Trump Nomination Means A Trump Presidency   2 days 7 hours ago

Nuh uh.

• Is Kaine able?   2 days 7 hours ago
    Quote stwo:

People ask me about this place. Lethargic, I say.

Half my post are comedic in here though few seem to grasp it!!! I would of said a forum with Sheldon Coopers arguing with rush limbaugh fans!!! with a few smart ass confusing the heck out of the sheldons!!

• What Are Trump Supporters Called?   2 days 7 hours ago

I love it when Todd drinks.

• Is Kaine able?   2 days 7 hours ago

Full name: Timothy Michael Kaine

Age: 58

Current job: United States Senator from Virginia. Serves on Foreign Relations, Armed Services, Budget and Aging Committees. Term expires January 2019.

Reputation, in one sentence: Personable and pragmatic former governor with an extensive resume in a purple state.

Strengths: Experience as governor? Check. Foreign-policy knowledge as a senator? Yup. Represents an important battleground state? Yes. Tested in high-profile campaigns? Affirmative. A team player (former DNC chair, willing Senate candidate in '12)? You betcha. Speaks fluent Spanish? Yeah, that, too.

Weaknesses: He's more of an establishment politician than a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren-style progressive, so Sanders backers might not do cartwheels over a Kaine pick. There's also that "wandering eyebrow" from Kaine's State of the Union response in 2006.

Born: February 26, 1958 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Raised in Kansas City, Missouri.

Family: Wife - Anne Holton. Children: Nat, Woody, and Annella.

Previous gigs: Richmond mayor, 1998-2001. Virginia Lt. Gov, 2002-2006. Virginia Gov. 2006-2010. Democratic National Committee chairman, 2009-2011.

Good to know: Kaine's office notes that fewer than two dozen people in U.S. history have served as a mayor, a senator and a governor.

Fun fact: Kaine plays the harmonica, although he admits he's not great at it. Hetold the Washington Post in 2015: "I've had people comment less than favorably on my quality."

Quote stwo:

No never trumper would consider her.

they will consider her but a bernie or buster would of voted for her!!!

• Monsanto DEMOCRATS Attempt to Kill Vermont's GMO Labeling Law   2 days 7 hours ago
    Quote Kpax:

Scanner code BS is just a stall tactic. People won't wait, after a scan, more than 60 seconds, and I'm being generous, to get vague information that takes them to different sources online to get the facts they need to make an informed decision. Scans are a deterrent.

I think you could do it on a phone and make it as easy as reading the back!! Yes a GMO in large letters would be best!!! But technology actually allows us a simple way to fight back if some makes an app!!

Monsanto will win this fight!! So make it a simple point click app and it just says gmo in red letters! gmo free in green letters!! this is the only way to beat them until we get money out of politics!!

No never trumper would consider her.

Community Archive

What happens in a musician's brain when they play a song?

Let's get geeky on music. Ever wonder what's happening in a musician's brain when they're actually playing a song?

What about when a musician starts improvising - starts playing music directly "off the cuff"?