Recent comments

• Get Ready For The Best President In Generations   2 days 9 hours ago

Really "little,lying,crooked" Donnie Trump as one of Americas' great Presidents. I guess you're refering to this seasons reality show "The President". Got to love how 'little,lyin,crooked Donnie gives his opponents nicknames like a ten year old and how with every third sentance reminds us how "great" he is.

He denies the science of climate change and wants to pull out of the Paris agreement.The science and evidence of climate change is fairly simple and a fifth grader can easily grasp it.

The "Trump Bay Street Tower" being built in Jersey City has raised $50 million from Chinese immigrant-investors to help get them Green Cards.

Where are the tax returns he PROMISED?

Being a New Yorker it is hard to believe Donald Trump has gotten this far without any genuine scrutiny,but as long as the ratings are high and the mass media is making money the reality show "the President" will not be cancelled.

• Why Is Congress Using Zika To Weaken Truck Safety?   2 days 11 hours ago

They provide you with a brief knowledge about the place best travel websites, and also give you a list of do and don'ts that you should keep in mind while traveling to a specific destination travel blog websites.

• Clinton email server broke government rules, watchdog finds   2 days 13 hours ago

Trump is going to pick up "bigly" on the emails! haha, he's not even as literate as W! We'll see whether the public actually cares or whether it's just a lot of election year ballyhoo. Notice DU reported that Republicans aren't happy with the IG's report; that's because the report is not so gawdawful as some of you Hillary haters want it to be.

At any rate I don't ever carry water for the GOP myself... but that's just me

• Fan Fiction: Here's Looking at You Mr. Speaker   2 days 14 hours ago

Sparky had always hated 1970 -- Nixon was in office killing "gooks" as fast as he could manage, the Beatles were breaking up, Kent State students were murdered, Jimi Hendrix died, the My Lai massacre happened... and he was leaving friends behind for the second time in a year, Very little good came from 1970 so far as he was concerned.

• RUBIO just ANOTHER crooked RIGHT WINGER   2 days 14 hours ago

To the monitor who scrubbed two repeats of this post , thank you very much. I accidently caused the multiple postings.

• 'QUEENBEETHATSME' gives YOU something to THINK about as we approach OUR 'UNKNOWN CLIMATE ZONE'   2 days 14 hours ago

Alberto

What the world at this point needs is a world wide deadly pandemic or a nuclear exchange that would wipe out 3/4 of the worlds population, but both those scenario's are barbaric and unthinkable. Who gets to play God.

Perhaps the best sollution would be a world wide total economic collapse, a hard pill to swallow, but it would quickly shut down those factories, inturn shut down most of the power plants, a hard economic collapse would shut down most driving, end runaway consumption and destroy most of these corporate gangsters whose life blood is money, who are the true epicenter of the planets destruction. Once the money supply dries up , these corporations would collapse. It would then become a survival of the smartest and fittest. Life would get back to basics, an egalitarian world of community to survive and recover and rethink the direction of mans interaction with nature and our planet.

Either that or we carry on business as usual and eventually we all die as the world continues to heat and burn up.

But even that may not help, we may as 'Queenbeethatsme' has suggested, we have most likely already past the tipping point of our world virtually burning up.

AlbertoVoluntary Human Extinction Movement

That would be a solution to overpopulation, but only if most of the world got on board. In third world countries , large families are a necessity to the family survival , where death comes to quickly through disease, malnution, war or by accident. In third countries ( like America) where there is no health care, death stalks citizens daily. Where there are no social programs , multiple family members means safety in numbers. Old age means a very tough ending unless you have a large family that will share the burden of your advancing years.

Trouble with VHEMT movement is no one in these third world countries will get on board, so the only result will be dropping numbers of first world countries, and that would make no significant change in the overall world population. The white population could become extinct, Asia and India would continue multiply and nothing would be accomplished. VHEMT just won't work.

• The Young Turks Will Give $1 MILLION To Charity To Host Sanders/Trump debate   2 days 17 hours ago

Trump contradicted himself in the same statement! The presumptive nominee is again being assumptive, when he proclaims Bernie Sanders a "second place finisher" when the primaries aren't even over yet with 5 states, Washington DC, and a few territories to go !

Then when Trump states, "I will wait to debate the first-place finisher in the Democratic Party, probably Crooked Hillary Clinton, or whoever it may be,” the "whoever" may be Bernie....

Sanders could still get the Democratic nomination, hard as that may be for some people to believe. Even with some voting machine manipulation happening with the DNC in some districts, Sanders can still win California by a landslide, because his ground-game here has been more extensive than Clinton's and he's had a few dozen rallies in this state not only in May but back in February as well. The DNC needs to put their greed and Debbie Wasserman Schultz aside and ditch the Frack Whore in favor of the Democratic Socialist... no... he's the PROGRESSIVE Democratic candidate!

• Cancer support organization   2 days 20 hours ago

I believe it was a caller who mentioned it...

• Get Ready For The Best President In Generations   2 days 21 hours ago

And to eric1 the troll,

This thread is not about H. Clinton, B. Clinton nor Obama it's about the Donald otherwise known from here on as the dumpster. Or alternately, it's about the mental state of the op.

Got it troll?

• Get Ready For The Best President In Generations   2 days 22 hours ago

"Either I've changed radically because of the Wisdom of age............" end quote of mr. hg whatever

Considering the rest of your post mr. whatever, I'd guess your problem is more along the line of being the on-set of dementia.

• Daily Topics - Wednesday May 25th, 2016   2 days 22 hours ago

I wanted to speak on the topic of children being arrested and handcuffed at school. When I heard Thom giving the details of children, mostly black, being arrested for such things as taking milk, and small or autistic children for throwing tantrums I began to burn with anger and fear. This is ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. I have been hearing about black kids disproportionately being punished at school and the school to prison pipeline. I also believe this happens to poor kids as well. Basically, the most vulnerable are the worst affected, as usual. I'm terrified and disgusted that this is what we've become. Really, I suppose I don't even know what to comment because as I think on these things I'm just filled with sadness. We see the system becoming more and more unfair and we see a caste system being devised here. And now our little ones aren't safe either. I find it a bit crazy that on one hand children are treated with such kid gloves. Everything needs to be so safe that I wouldn't be surprised if they were all made to wear helmets on a constant basis. My 13 year old can't even dissect frogs because the school has deemed the scalpels too dangerous. On the other hand, if a six year old has a tantrum they might be handcuffed or arrested? We baby them to a degree of insanity but can't shelter them from the real dangers. And what a mixed message. I try to be as honest as possible with my son. He's made to know you can't mess around and silly things, like a schoolyard scuffle, may end with a felony record. Let's prepare then for what truly awaits, especially for poor people like us. There are no second chances. There is no learning from your mistakes, even as a child.I wish I could wave a magic wand and fix this. I wish I could at least affect enough change to wake the rest of the population up who thinks these practices are ok. My heated debates, when the video of the teenage girl being body slammed came out, taught me how many of these people view the situation. These kids are disrespectful in their eyes and apparently deserve assault. Funny how when the situation is turned, if they even lightly touched an officer, they'd have felony assault charges. I'm just tired of how unfair it is. I'm tired of being in a society which thinks it's ok. I suppose I don't have much of a concrete point here. This is more about how I reacted to that report, but it just seemed to sum up a lot of how everything is going. I feel very nervous about my station in life. I feel like the haves are really sticking it to the have nots, and the whole thing feels so out of control. And hearing this it's evident that now even the children aren't safe. We've entered the twilight zone and three quarters of people seem not to even notice.

• Gaius Publius: “Networks are Colluding” to Declare Clinton the Overall Winner Before California Polls Close   2 days 23 hours ago

Extremely maddening.

• Clinton email server broke government rules, watchdog finds   3 days 27 min ago
    Quote Alberto Ceras 2:

"Well, Colin did it first." Is that the sort of answer - excuse - you expect from someone aspiring to lead the nation?

I guess she can use that same excuse for lying the United States into an illegal War.

• Get Ready For The Best President In Generations   3 days 50 min ago

Well, let's examine some of the things about HIllary. She has been campaigning as if she already has the nomination locked up. What does that tell you about her? A lot of hubris. If she is ignoring her main opponent who is still a very real threat, what do you think she is going to do with the American people when she gets in office? She's basically taken a page from Obama's campaigning . . . talk in vague generalities/no specifics, make the people feel good, and fool them into voting for you. If you want another neocon puppet in office, then by all means support her because that's what you are going to get.

• "This Low-Life" and with that, Trump has Just Lost Himself the Election   3 days 57 min ago

Accurate assessment.

quote=stwo]

Dumbasses keep doing what happened in New Mexico and Trump may just wind up getting elected

[/quote]

• "This Low-Life" and with that, Trump has Just Lost Himself the Election   3 days 58 min ago

I agree with the OPs assessment of Trump's lack of class at times. However, with respect to the both the Clintons, there is ample evidence to back up many of his assertions about them. We used to have higher standards with respect to the people who resided at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, particularly with respect to how they conduct themselves in their personal lives. With the Clintons, discretion doesn't appear to be in their vocabulary. As people, they represent mediocrity at best IMHO. That said, I agree that Trump needs to be more diplomatic in his presentations.

• Get Ready For The Best President In Generations   3 days 2 hours ago

Read many of your recent posts, are you paid by the hour or by the post? Just asking, because either you're a aging dim wit losing your faculties or you're a paid agent of the right wing claiming to be a liberal who's gone over to the dark side. Do you forget what your thinking anytime someone wiggles something bright and shiny in front of your eyes. Or are you just quite simply one of those Americans who belong to the 'stupidest fucking' electorate in the world.

• Get Ready For The Best President In Generations   3 days 2 hours ago

You're the Palin , Bauchman fan , who just can never fall asleep when they're on TV , because like you said they connect with you emotionally. Lol

• Get Ready For The Best President In Generations   3 days 2 hours ago

Why don't you admit it, Trumps appealing to the beast inside you, he's summoned your deep inner demons, he's brought forth the monster inside you. And now you're trying to rationalize it. You need to see a shrink , perhaps a Priest and have a exorcism.

• 'QUEENBEETHATSME' gives YOU something to THINK about as we approach OUR 'UNKNOWN CLIMATE ZONE'   3 days 3 hours ago
    Quote zapdam:

Queenbee's post was an amazing moment of clarity and as I posted quite terrifying.

Yes, zapdam, and it may - almost certainly will - become reality. I see no possibility of reversing course. I have recommended VHEMT many times on TH but few understand it and those who do brush it aside.

• Is America evolving, revolving or devolving?   3 days 4 hours ago

ALICE

What the hell, you been as quite as a church mouse, thought for sure you had been guillotined for your outbursts of crankiness. But it is really nice to see you're whole and back, lol. Oops. This is an old real old post by you Alice.

Geez maybe you have really been guillotined :)

• "This Low-Life" and with that, Trump has Just Lost Himself the Election   3 days 4 hours ago

Donald Trump will beat Hillary Clinton (if she makes it that far) in a landslide.

• Past Supporters of Elizabeth Warren are Going Against Her Wishes   3 days 4 hours ago

Quote loganonenation:

IF DONALD TRUMP WINS: Let this election will be the ultimate rebuke to the Democrats who have insisted against all evidence on neoliberal economic policies.

Right— cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face! Really— elect a businessman who has not the remotest familiarity nor sympathy with democratic leadership, one who wants more nuclear weapons worldwide, not fewer, one who would “cancel the Paris climate agreementvowed to rescind President Obama’s signature climate change rules and revive construction of the Keystone XLpipeline…”?

Mr. Trump said that in his first 100 days in office, he would “rescind” Environmental Protection Agency regulations established under Mr. Obama to curb planet-warming emissions from coal-fired power plants.

“Regulations that shut down hundreds of coal-fired power plants and block the construction of new ones — how stupid is that?” Mr. Trump said.

Really? Elect Trump just to spite the Dems? Right, that’ll teach them a lesson!

Quote loganonenation:

One thing is certain Trump is no neoliberal.

Maybe, but he IS a fascist. If that isn’t enough, do you really want an ignorant, arrogant, impulsive, swaggering bigot and sociopath, one with no government experience whatsoever, to have his finger on the button?

Take it from Mike Allen (at about 14:30 mins. into this Daily Show video): “...Hillary Clinton would be the first woman president; Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz would have been the first Cuban presidents; Donald Trump would be the LAST president.

• What Does It Look Like When A Congressman Stands Up To #Trump?   3 days 4 hours ago

I agree with Louise!

Moreover, Elizabeth Warren is the DREAM VP candidate for either Clinton or Sanders. (PS ... and what Great insurance against assination attempts! ; ) ).

I have hoped incessantly that she and Bernie would team: I, for one, would be in political heaven. What's more, I think disillusioned, small-d democratic Republicans would be also! Thay don't recognize their own party, Thom!

Make no mistake, there are a lot of disillusioned USers, and not all of them think like I do.