Recent comments

• Donald Trump, Black Version and the Trump Effect   2 days 15 hours ago

Well shor enough them white folk knows whats best for us brother, haven't they shown us for the last 400 years or so.............and still counting.

• How Obama May Help Trump Become President   3 days 50 min ago

Coalage1 -- Have you got any quotes of any lies she has told (or links to them). My view of "stretching the truth" is exactly what I was saying. The casual listener hears what she is not saying. That was me on the Bernie and auto bailout discussion at the first debate. I do not believe one can call that lying.

When I listen to HRC, I have to listen to Thom to make sure I do not vote for Trump.

Everything is debatable; just ask Aristotle. I think she has given up thinking. She just repeats what her most trusted advisors tell her. She sounds like a war hawk because that is what her advisors tell her to sound like.

• We Are All Pharma-Bro Suckers   3 days 4 hours ago

Just another fine example of unregulated monopoly capitalism. While much of the rest of the world is showing us how well Democratic Socialism works, we're still having to deal with the idiocy of $600 dollar EpiPens.

I wonder if an employee in the EpiPen manufacturing plant has needed a pen and died because he or she couldn't afford one? That's how we roll in Merica! Well we know a few EpiPen CEO's are fat and happy anyway.

Unrelated: Why is Clinton letting Dangerous Donny put her on defense? Why aren't the Dems screaming about his up coming court case related to the Trump University scam? Yes, Trump can still be charged with felony fraud. Pence would become President when the verdict is reached. Why aren't the Dems talking about Trump's rape charges? How about his sex maniac advisor Roger Ailes, the biggest scandal since Bill Cosby? How about the thousands of unpaid contractors? Clinton is letting Trump and the media rip her apart.

Offense, Offense, Offense ...the Dems are so damn feeble. It's too late to be polite.

• We Are All Pharma-Bro Suckers   3 days 4 hours ago

There is obviously no end to greed. Regulations combat greed.

• Donald Trump, Black Version and the Trump Effect   3 days 5 hours ago

C-Span You'd better look in the mirror you were one of the first to comment. get help for God's sake. Helen Willis I think I get where you are coming from but are you saying that these three people are renouncing Trump or are they part of what the poster is talking about (????) because silence can be very loud.

• Does anyone else remember "knowledge is the new oil"?   3 days 6 hours ago

Quote Helen

" I don't think my solar panels would give me enough electric to power it or the big TV. Besides I live in a tiny house on wheels, basically a glorified RV. I wouldn't have room for a big TV. CBS.com, NBC.com, ABC.com and PBS's website give me most of the TV shows, but I don't watch much but the nightly news. I get local news from their websites. I have Amazon Prime so I watch some of of that. I download from MVGROUP and there tons of documentaries and old movies and stuff on YouTube. Recently my public library has made lots of movies, documentaries, ebooks, music, and audio books available for download through a couple of apps. I actually have more to watch than I need."

Helen you are one of the coolest, smartest best informed, most learned and sometimes one of the most compassionate people on this web site. Everytime i read your comments i learn something new. You have an uncanny way of painting pictures with your words. Many times i don't agree with you, but either way your contributions carry the conversations.

• How Should We Treat Schizophrenics?   3 days 6 hours ago

This was how i got a cure for my son who was diagnosed with schizophrenia 9 years ago when he was 19. He told us that he got messages and he heard people telling him that he should hurt himself. He had a terrible temper with cursing and violence towards me and his dad. The doctor gave him different anti-psychotic drugs like Zyprexa, prolixin, risperidone, Ablify but all this even elevated the condition because he became worse over the years not until last two years that help came our way. I got Dr Joseph's contact from an old colleague of mine who relocated to Kansas city and he told me about this herbal medicine that can put an end to my son's condition. I contacted the doctor and i explained it all to him and he told me all will be well. I got the medicine and gave him as instructed and before i knew it he was normal again, no side effects at all. I am writing this today because i needed to be sure the cure was a permanent one which it is. I know what schizo is and how heart aching it can be but i tell you today that there is a cure for it. Contact the doctor on (josephakormah @ gmail.com) for psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, he can help you too

• We Are All Pharma-Bro Suckers   3 days 6 hours ago

It's not entirely correct to merely blame Big Pharma when Wall St has their hand deep inside Big Pharma's back and is making them jump and speak. It's not the desire to make massive profits on the part of Big Pharma as much as it's the need for them to meet the expectations of "shareholders" and investors who desire ever increasing ROI's. William K. Black describes the dynamic very well:

To over simplify, the only way to get that done in the time required by Wall St. is to massively mark up the prices of existing drugs. New product innovation can't get that done in the very short time required of Big Pharma by their puppet masters.

• We Are All Pharma-Bro Suckers   3 days 6 hours ago

What needs to happen is we need to make a law that puts politcians in jail when they dont honor their oath. To protect the public. Some pharmacy just bought a canadain pharmacy on the radio i heard this morning. So have santioned companies unless they are competitive and if they are nit invite companies that are to sell to U.S. Distributors only.

• Donald Trump, Black Version and the Trump Effect   3 days 7 hours ago

Maple Leaf, talk about hitting the nail on the head! Damn if you didn't in # 4.

Big Bro K, man, I don't know whether or not to laugh or cry reading this one. I really don't. I ain't sure if you ever listened to the lyrics to song because I know from your tone you are being snarky to a point, But if you haven't really listened to the lyrics it is scary that they did that song a quarter of a century ago. Check out the chorus

(chorus)
    Donald Trump (black version), maybe that's what you need.
    A man that fulfills your every wish, your every dream.
    Donald Trump (black version), come on take a chance.
    A 1990's love affair, the real romance.
    The Time - Donald Trump (black Version) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Wow.

• Donald Trump, Black Version and the Trump Effect   3 days 7 hours ago

Kenyatta

Perhaps the greatest accomplishment of Barack Obama was to become the inadvertent target of the hatred and racism that has laid inches below the surface of modern American society and unintentionally make it visible.

For many the disbelief of a black man in the White House has become to much to bare. That's the moment racist white America lost its shit. One political party in particular has spent the last 8 years and the power of their position to use every disrespectful , derogatory attack conceivable to embarrass ,discredit and trivialize the office of Americas first black President. The disbelief of a black man being the face of America on the world stage to the racist has been a nightmare.

Trump ever the salesman has instinctively read the collective body language of this narrow minded intolerant group and turned their rage and hatred into votes.

• Standing Rock Pipeline Struggle   3 days 7 hours ago

Jungle

Fossil fuels must be elimated for the survival of the planet and all life including ours. A single drop of motor oil can contaminate one million drops of water.

On average each fracking well requires 5 million gallons of fresh water to complete the drilling process, add to that each well contains over a million gallons of fracking fliud which is a cocktail of toxic nerve and cancer causing chemicals.This mixture of water and fracking fluids is poisoned beyond recovery forever. There are big questions as to the disposal methods used by these fracking companies , that under law passed by the Bush regime are exempt from EPA rules. There are over a million 200 thousand wells drilled in America alone.

• AMERICA is not the GREATEST NATION on Earth   3 days 7 hours ago

No problem, Zapdam. No need to apologize. I learn alot from your perspective.

I would be more disappointed if you did not respond to my opinions and assumptions.

I am not one that likes to always speak to the choir.

Your points re US military involvement and interference were well taken. Am now reading up on the middle east Arab Israeli conflict, accessing info from the Palestinian point of view. I'm not saying its changed my mind, but it has moved it.

• Donald Trump, Black Version and the Trump Effect   3 days 7 hours ago

Why would anyone waste their time with your drivel when you can’t even tell your ‘a’ from an ‘o’ in the ground? (See what I did there?)

• Are you attending or watching Bernie's August 24th "Our Revolution" Kickoff - Live Event?   3 days 7 hours ago

Presto Chango! Want to turn Hillary and the establishment Dems into honest Progressives? Treat Bernie Sanders as the new de-facto leader of the Progressive Democratic Party. After all most of us voted for him didn't we, and many of those who voted for Hillary would have voted for Bernie, if they believed he had a chance. The media made sure they didn't think he could win. Now, let's give them a story they can not ignore.

If the only thing the current leadership of the Democratic Party understands is money, so be it! Cut off the current establishment Dems and send OurRevolution (ourrevolution.com) your political contributions so Bernie can make sure they go to real progressive candidates. And directly support the Progressive Democratic candidates that Bernie backs. Make Bernie the gatekeeper for contributions and the rest of the party will fall in line until they are all real Progressives.

All politicians like to get out in front of a parade and we need to make the Progressive Revolution the biggest political parade they have ever seen.

• Donald Trump, Black Version and the Trump Effect   3 days 7 hours ago

A month ago there were two large Trump signs on private property in a nearby town, one at each end of town. They both have come down. Both houses are still covered with signs for lesser Republicans. I think Trump is a conman. And one of the truths about conmen is once people see the con, they never believe in the conman again.

There are three people who I do volunteer work with who were fanatically pro Trump a few months ago and went out of their way to go on and on about how wonderful Trump was and to tease me about my Hillary bumper sticker. Now, when they talk about politics they still say that all politicians are frauds, but they are very quiet about Trump. They will still tease a little about Hillary. One actually said he hoped Hillary would be indicted, so he could vote for Bernie.

I think the bloom is off Trump's rose, but I don't know if that means his nut job followers have improved in their attitudes or if they have just soured to Trump.

• We Are All Pharma-Bro Suckers   3 days 7 hours ago

Sociopaths of a feather-- Venal CEO Heather Bresch's father is none other than venal, republican loving blue-dog democrat Senator Joe Manchin. ...

DownWithTyranny!: U.S. Senator Joe Manchin's Daughter-- the Next ...downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2016/.../us-senator-joe-manchins-daughter-next.html...

1 day ago - She's the daughter of US Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV). She finished her BA in political science at West Virginia University (WVU) and was ...

• We Are All Pharma-Bro Suckers   3 days 8 hours ago

I think it's more that at least some of them just don't care if poor people die. Being unworthy of even being considered worthy of life is I think worse than being hated.

I wonder though how a rich family with a much-loved child with life threatening allergies feels about this story. I would think they would feel the same outrage as the rest of us.

• How Obama May Help Trump Become President   3 days 8 hours ago

We're all in this mess because the DNC and HRC and a whole bunch of money grubbing cronies cheated, riggged, slanted and staged the Dem Primary to get HRC installed as Candidate. They stole the Primary: it's a fact. They stole it from Sanders: straight up.

Thom, how can you ask whether HRC will 'oppose' the TPP when she has been pushing it all along (look at her damned donors) and she's stacked her 'transition team' with a bunch of die-hard pro TPP corporatists?? Is there some question in your mind as to howw she will "serve" as POTUS? Are you trying to convince us that because she said it, it has some ring of truth, thereby?

Uh, she's not what she says....generally - unless it is convenient to her private needs.

• We Are All Pharma-Bro Suckers   3 days 8 hours ago

It's just further proof the rich and powerful want poor people to DIE.

• Neonicotinoid Pesticides Are Killing The Bees   3 days 8 hours ago

It is the misuse and overuse of the neonics which is causing the problems. Neonics are overused and misused by factory farms, lawn care companies and gardeners causing not only bees but humans to ingest them. Neonics, however, should still be allowed for specific uses. I have worked to save many an eastern hemlock from the wooly adegid infestation that is devastating our hemlock forests. Hemlocks create an entire ecosystem and the loss of the hemlocks means the loss of that entire ecosystem and stream hydrology. Long-term, bio options will be the most beneficial but for now, many of our most prized hemlocks are only still standing because of neonics like imidacloprid.

• AMERICA is not the GREATEST NATION on Earth   3 days 9 hours ago

Tom Dorr

I posted this blog just shortly after i had read yours. Reflecting on our conversations on your blog , i now regret involving your name in my rant. Please except my apologies for making you part of the target of my venting. I always enjoy our exchanges, even though we don't always see eye to eye, but one thing for sure i respect your point of view.

• You Need to Know Eric Ben-Artzi, a Real Hero in the Financial Industry   3 days 9 hours ago

" Rice then fired him, leaving him no choices other then to report the financial crimes directly to the SEC, or remain silent and abandon his professional, legal, and ethical responsibilities. Unlike the vast majority of other participants in financial management with direct knowledge of financial crimes, Mr Ben-Artzi chose to do the right thing."

Many people working in finance think Eric Ben-Artzi is crazy. He is not an independently wealthy man. Why would he turn down a $3 million reward after his career was ruined? In his own words:

“People think if you give up your money, you’re either religious or crazy.” “This is the golden calf: people worshiping money above everything, people selling their values and ethics.”

ronsears , i'm so glad you posted this article on this wonderful man and you're correct the worlds needs many more people like him.

• Donald Trump, Black Version and the Trump Effect   3 days 9 hours ago

Very interesting perspective. I think Trump will have the same effect on his crowd that Bernie did on his in terms of influencing the platform and others in his party. In other words, he is going to influence the political environment in the United States one way or another and that's where the stuff hits the fan. I never knew about the term "race records" but I looked it up--what a trip.

• Blacks OPEN CARRY   3 days 11 hours ago

This just published June 2016

" It is worth considering, as one data point in the pool of evidence about what sorts of gun control policies do and do not work, the experience of Australia. Between October 1996 and September 1997, Australia responded to its own gun violence problem with a solution that was both straightforward and severe: It collected roughly 650,000 privately held guns. It was one of the largest mandatory gun buyback programs , called the National Firearms Agreement or NFA ,in recent history.

And it worked. That does not mean that something even remotely similar would work in the US — they are, needless to say, different countries — but it is worth at least looking at their experience.

In 2011, Harvard's David Hemenway and Mary Vriniotis reviewed the research on Australia's suicide and homicide rate after the NFA. Their conclusion was clear: "The NFA seems to have been incredibly successful in terms of lives saved."

What they found is a decline in both suicide and homicide rates after the NFA. The average firearm suicide rate in Australia in the seven years after the bill declined by 57 percent compared with the seven years prior. The average firearm homicide rate went down by about 42 percent."

Community Archive

Nuclear Plant Has Been Leaking For Four Years

According to the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Entergy Corp has allowed highly radioactive waste to leak into a contained area at the FitzPatrick nuclear power plant for the last four years.

The FitzPatrick plant is near Oswego, New York, but the NRC has said that the leak "poses no immediate risks to any residents or the environment."