Recent comments

• AMERICAS WELFARE BUMS   2 days 23 hours ago

Thank you. I sometimes go too far, but I was outraged at the heartless commentary about the terror attack here in Canada. Trump followers were apparently not frightened by terrorism, they were overjoyed. Disgusting. The only regret expressed was sorrow that the victim count was only six, as they were Muslim victims. The shooter was a young man who was well-known in the community and at his school as a right wing racist who was obsessed with illegal immigrants, Muslims, and was a big fan of...Donald Trump. I have never met a Muslim who wasn't friendly and honorable, and, unlike Christians I know, they never cared that I was an atheist. I don't understand the hatred against them at all.

• Deportations. How can Trump have it Both ways?   2 days 23 hours ago

I thought the concern about illegal immigrants was about gang members, rapists, killers, drug smugglers, human smugglers, etc. It says a lot about ICE that now that they have the green light to corral people for deportation, they go after gainfully employed women and their children. As usual, law enforcement prove themselves to be cowardly racists and cruel sadistic brutes. These are the same people who shackled 5-year-olds at airports. They get a cheap thrill when they hear the terrified screams of women and children. These are the scum who will help Trump carry out his illegal racist policies. Even if the courts overturn these executive orders, the police and other fascist thugs, will live out their cowardly dreams of terrorizing helpless people with no fear of reprisal or consequences. That's why I don't care a bit when I hear about snipers or other crazies executing police. Someone has to hold them accountable and right now they are completeely above the law. With Trump in power these criminal thugs will get even worse, if that's possible.

• Trump Vows "Ruthless" War On Drugs   3 days 3 min ago

I lived in Poland for several years and worked as an ESL teacher. They used to have a big problem with drunk driving, now they have all but eliminated it. Their solution? Real penalties. In Poland if alcohol is registered in your blood stream at all, you lose your car, and your driving priveleges for life. You are also subject to a huge fine or jail term depending on your record and the circumstances. People will not risk driving if they have had one beer. They will not get drunk late at night, for fear they will test positive driving the next day. Would americans risk their pickup truck just to drive home from the bar, or would they take a cab? Bring in meaningful penalties and the problem will cease. BTW in Europe, laws apply to police officers too, unlike North America where they are above the law, but that's for another comment another time.

• Trump Vows "Ruthless" War On Drugs   3 days 15 min ago

In the Victorian era all drugs were legal, and available for sale at any drug store. There was no such thing as a prescription, you didn't need permission from anyone to buy any drug, including heroin. At some point, it was realized that almost 2% of the population were drug addicts! Thus began the horrors of the prohibition era. Now, after trillions have been spent and millions jailed, and an entire industry created around "recovery," the rate of addiction is....around 2%. There will always be people who want to alter their consciousness. Why do we need these thought police? Their meddling has cost far more lives than it has saved, and their 'help" has had no effect, except creating a nation of hypocondriacs and chronic meddlers.

• How Far Will Trump's Executive Overreach Go?   3 days 25 min ago

you are just another person who hates Obama because he's black. I'm Canadian and even I know that the ACA is a Republican plan, previously known as Romneycare. They even took out the public option. God forbid that every American can see a doctor when they're sick like they can in every other Western democratic country on earth. Trump supporters are absolutely despicable. Deplarable does not even touch how low they are. I don't wan to see into the heart of a Klansman, but Trump cultists would literally rather have their kids die from easily preventable illness than have health care that came from a black president. You are sick, no pun intended.

• AMERICAS WELFARE BUMS   3 days 34 min ago

Quote leontrollski, "The mission was approved over dinner five days after the presidential inauguration by Trump and his closest advisers, including his son-in-law Jared Kushner and his special adviser and former Breitbart executive Stephen Bannon, as well as defence secretary General Jim Mattis."

This is the same General Jim Mattis who flippantly boasted he took 30 seconds to attack an Iraqi wedding, killing dozens of Innocent's on the outside chance he could kill a 'suspected' terrorist. The attack later came to be known as the “Mukaradeeb Wedding Party Massacre.” in any civilized society, Mattis would be arrested and charged with mass murder and war crimes.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 49 min ago

I didn't realize that life-saving and life-giving health care and a family doctor was an imposition. Single payer health care is the only way to go, and it costs half what American health care costs or perhaps less. I haven't read the latest cost outrage. Don't bother replying with the usual BS about how Canada's system is terrible and wait times blah blah blah. I've heard them all and they are all lies spewed out by insurance tycoons, and right wing traitors. What could make you proud about thousands dying from treatable illness?Why would you prefer medical bills being the leading cause of bankruptcy? What kind of person thinks it's oK for parents to have to agonize over whether to bankrupt their familites or help a sick child? I don't know what kind of brainwashing they have in your schools or what they put in your water but evidently it worked. Look at your new "leader." I hope you know the whole world is laughing at you. Please don't blow up the world to prove how righteous, Christian, and tough you are. We promise to pretend to respect you.

• AMERICAS WELFARE BUMS   3 days 52 min ago

Andrew Beckett quote

"Trump's followers don't care if he lies. They are like a cult. They probably believe that the truth is whatever comes out of his mouth. Trump's election signalled the beginning of the post-truth era, where there are no facts. There is no right and wrong. There is no morality."

Andrew there lays the truth of this presidency and why trying to rationalize any conversation with these cult members is an act of total futility. Andrew great posts my friend, hope you stick around and add to the conversations going on here.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 59 min ago

I've read right wing comments that make your satirical one look like a proposition from Wittgenstein.

• TRUMP Americas HERO   3 days 1 hour ago

How can you cite examples without "cherry picking?" Of course medical opinions of Trump's mental health are opinions!" It is pointless to address members of the Trump cult. You are immoral scum. You don't believe in truth or facts, unless you agree with them. How you make this philosophy work withing the framework of Christianity is beyond me. If you systematically disobey everything that Jesus ever said, then you aren't a Christian you are anti-Christian, no matter how many abortion clinics you bomb. I can only hope that your cult fails to destroy the earth and ends the way Jim Jones' cult ended. Sic semper tyrannus.

• TRUMP Americas HERO   3 days 1 hour ago

What a long comment. Why not just say "I think I will have more money under Trump." It was adorable that you think America was "turning too far to the left" and how more right wing governmetn will be "good for working people." There is no left in the US, and the goal of the right is to lower wages. How are lower wages, no benefits, and health care they can't afford "good for working people?" I think you voted for Trump to kick immigrants, if they aren't white, in the teeth and continue America's humanitarian "bomb the shit out of them" and "take the oil" foreign policy. I hope Trump's policies do what they were intended to do: make most of america very poor, make health care unattainable for almost everyone, make the police state even more militarized and ruthless, and have the only successful industry be slave labour camps. I want Canadians to see what conservatism means so they won't vote for it. Please refrain from blowing up the whole world, you good Christian, you.

• AMERICAS WELFARE BUMS   3 days 1 hour ago

Trump's followers don't care if he lies. They are like a cult. They probably believe that the truth is whatever comes out of his mouth. Trump's election signalled the beginning of the post-truth era, where there are no facts. There is no right and wrong. There is no morality. For example, if Trump said that 5 million illegal immigrants voted, then it is the truth. If it is proven impossible, it must be "fake news." If there is irrefutable evidence that it did not happen, then it's just propaganda from "liberals." Killing people in order to steal their oil isn't wrong because we want to do it. To do otherwise would be immoral. Slave labour camps for dissidents aren't wrong, because a lot of money is made from slave labour, and God rewards good and moral deeds with money. Now I understand how evangelical Christians think, for lack of a better word. I'm an atheist, but sometimes I wish there was a hell for these people to go to. May they create one for themselves to live in.

• HOW BAD does it have to GET   3 days 1 hour ago
    Quote Coalage3:

Rush this, Rush that. If you want to talk about Limbaugh, start another thread.

Where is the progressive Limbaugh? Where?

There is no Progressive equal. We would not accept such low life. Now you explain why you listen to him and accept his lies.

• AMERICAS WELFARE BUMS   3 days 1 hour ago

I don't think that comment is a lie, since he wasn't intending to decieve anyone. I don't know why you're splitting hairs about the cost of the military. It's insane, even if it only consumes half of your tax dollars as opposed to 53%. It makes me very nervous living next door to a militaristic fascist dictatorship with an insane halfwit ruling it and a population so dumb they think a nuclear war is winnable. I only hope that the US suffers the ssme fate as Rome. Once your empire is over-extended and you are involved in too many wars simultaneously, and once your people are so impoverished they are constantly rioting, you will be bankrupt, and unable to pay your soldiers or maintain your technology. When that happens, there will be no more empire. I don't think your military will work for free. I want to one day live in a world where nobody will give a shit about what the US says or does.

• Trump...YUGE Gift to America's Big Oil Lobby   3 days 1 hour ago

You mean like lowering wages to 25 cents a day. Or is that too rich. Perhaps a bowl of gruel and a few corn cobs per day. Would that keep companies around? America is really in a race to the bottom. My only hope is that Canadians witness the drop in standard of living in the US and the fabulous wealth hoarded by the billionaires and realize that conservatism is only for suckers. The sad thing is that the lives that are being destroyed will increase the wealth of the people at the very top, but they are already so rich they won't even notice it. Before you call me a "commie" remember, Russia put your man in office and is the one really running your country now.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 2 hours ago

Let each state run their own health care program.

Local support is important, and that is not going to come from

imposing a national system on everyone.

ct

• I'M SICK of these right wing voting TROLLS   3 days 2 hours ago

For years, I thought the accusation of racism against the US may have been exagerrated. As a Canadian, we have a lot of racist problems of our own, but I always considered the US fairly progressive. How wrong I was. Immediately after Trump's victory I started reading online commentry and was completely blown away by the vitriolic hatred for Obama. Back in 2008, I didn't think America would elect a black president, mainly due to the Southern parts of the US and their well-known hatred for blacks, and the fact that the whole country is very right wing: what is called "left wing" in the US is actually centre/right or right wing in Canada. What is called "right wing" in the US I would call the "insane ultra right" in Canada. I just didn't think America was ready for a black president. It turns out I was right. I had no idea the reactionaries were so insane as to elect somone with no government experience and a terrible reputation as a classless rich boy with no intellect or ability, besides his flair for self-promotion. I didn't even consider the popularity of his reality TV show, but then I don't watch TV. A lot of the commentary I saw from Trump supporters boasted "we gave Obama (usually with the name changed to something racist and insulting) the boot." It was as though Trump supporters didn't know he was leaving office anyway. They railed against Clinton, but could not come up with one reason she would be a disaster or one example of her inadequacy. I think they associated her with the hated Obama, who most of them still believe is a Msulim born in Kenya and intent on establishing Sharia law. The entire election was about race. There were never any issues discussed at all during the never-ending campaign. The democrats had a platform and policies and a position on most issues, but it never came up. The republicans had nothing but inane promises that were mostly impossible and cries of "make America great again," whatever that means. This was a repudiation of a black president. It was saying to the world: "we would rather risk nuclear annihilation than suffer the degradation of racial equality." They really do believe that whites are a persecuted minority, hobbled by all the immigrants who are so over-priveleged and denied a chance in life due to affirmative action. They believe they are under threat of "white genocide." I always thought that was a joke or satire or something. It turns out that there really are people who believe what they hear from Alex Jones before they believe their own eyes or their own experience. After the terrorist attack in Quebec, Trump fans were orgasmic with glee and lamented that there weren't enough victims. I will remember that the next time I hear about how America needs "security." Evidently they are not afraid of terrorism at all. Not if their reaction to it is a celebration and a drooling anticipation of the revenge to come. Has racism writ large signalled the end of America. It could be. Trump fanatics seem to be willing to go down with the ship, and their leader probably believes a nuclear war is winnable. How hard would it be to convince his followers to take that risk? Will vengeance for the horror of a black man in charge for eight years be the "issue" that brings about the end of the world? I grew up during the Reagan era, when imminent nuclear annihilation was hanging over everyone's heads all the time. I am not happy that it is back on the front burner. I was a fool to underestimate the destructive power of such a silly thing like racism. I honestly thought that we were past that level and we could reign in the fossil fuel and banking industries that have caused all the wars and maybe have a world at peace in my lifetime. I guess we may not survive the selfish baby boomers after all. I just thought there would be a more serious issue at the core of our destruction than skin colour. I hope that the resistance can get Trump removed and bring us back from the brink, but I fear that a terror attack against America will lure the left into co-operation with the fascists, in which case all is lost. Don't be fooled by the fascists: they don't want unity, co-operation or common ground, no matter what they say. They want anyone who is not white, and anyone white who even thinks a dissenting thought dead. Fascists don't deserve to be treated humanely. You cannot be friends with them. If they reach out a hand slap it away or hack it off. If they show a friendly face, spit in it. Absolutely every single thing must be obstructed and blocked. Don't give them one single millimeter. It's our only hope.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 3 hours ago

Republican-speak translated:

"Why should the guvmut steal my money to help sick people too lazy to work? The country would be better off if they all died and quit wasting resources. Then there'd be less DemocRATS and libtards bitching and whining and voting. Meerkkka first!"

...the inner thoughts of a typical right-wing zombie without all the spin and polish to make it sound justified, moral, or intelligent.

• Is The GOP Going To Let Us Keep Our Healthcare?   3 days 3 hours ago

Does Mr. Trump alone make these decisions? Doesn't Congress have a say?

• HOW BAD does it have to GET   3 days 3 hours ago
    Quote Legend:

Funny how all if the right wing trolls are now starting to deny that they voted for Trump. Just like all of the ones that never would vote for Hillary and would vote for A third party or Trump instead. You do not hear a thing from them now.

Facts needed here not just your mindless, baseless opinion.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 3 hours ago

The term 'Health Care Laws' makes me sick. We need to speak more about 'health care rights' as a people who work hard to make this country and our families go. We do not need to fear financial ruination, wether it comes suddenly when insurance 'runs out', or at $1500 per month until death do us part.

• Welcome to TrumpCare...   3 days 4 hours ago

The criminal corporations have been gaming the system for their benefit for so long that to them, it's normal behavior. What are complex minds going to do if health care is as simple as asking for what you need and getting it. In a discussion of how the government is only a conduit for meeting Human need, Sartre asked Castro, "what if someone asked for the moon? Castro said it would be because they felt they needed it."

• AMERICAS WELFARE BUMS   3 days 4 hours ago
    Quote leontrollski:

"If your cause is just you can lie. Got it." Great line for the Donald. Sounds better than the clueless "I was given that information."

I do not think he even realizes he is lying. Not sure what is scarier.

• WHAT CAN PENCE OFFER TO SAVE THE OROVILLE DAM?   3 days 4 hours ago

A good reason for Trump's Wall.
    Just build it in between Church and State.

“Pence is a religious wingnut
    just as power addicted and controlling
    as Falswell and Robertson or Junior Graham…”

Chris Hedges speaks about dominionism:

This corruption of science and law is vital in promoting the doctrine. Creationism, or “intelligent design,” like Eugenics for the Nazis, must be introduced into the mainstream as a valid scientific discipline to destroy the discipline of science itself. This is why the Christian Right is working to bring test cases to ensure that school textbooks include “intelligent design” and condemn gay marriage.

The drive by the Christian Right to include crackpot theories in scientific or legal debate is part of the campaign to destroy dispassionate and honest intellectual inquiry. Facts become interchangeable with opinions. An understanding of reality is not to be based on the elaborate gathering of facts and evidence. The ideology alone is true. Facts that get in the way of the ideology can be altered. Lies, in this worldview, become true. Hannah Arendt called this effort “nihilistic relativism” although a better phrase might be collective insanity.[…]

“What convinces masses are not facts,” Hannah Arendt wrote in Origins of Totalitarianism, “and not even invented facts, but only the consistency of the system which they are presumably part. Repetition, somewhat overrated in importance because of the common belief in the “masses” inferior capacity to grasp and remember, is important because it convinces them of consistency in time.” (p.351)

There are more than 6 million elementary and secondary school students attending private schools and 11.5 percent of these students attend schools run by the Christian Right. These “Christian” schools saw an increase of 46 percent in enrollment in the last decade. The 245,000 additional students accounted for 75 percent of the total rise in private school enrollment.[…]

All debates with the Christian Right are useless. We cannot reach this movement. It does not want a dialogue. It cares nothing for rational thought and discussion. It is not mollified because John Kerry prays or Jimmy Carter teaches Sunday School. These naive attempts to reach out to a movement bent on our destruction, to prove to them that we too have “values,” would be humorous if the stakes were not so deadly. They hate us. They hate the liberal, enlightened world formed by the Constitution. Our opinions do not count.
    Chris Hedges,
    The Christian Right and the Rise of American Fascism

Early Christianitys Drug Fuelled Magic Rituals

• WHAT CAN PENCE OFFER TO SAVE THE OROVILLE DAM?   3 days 4 hours ago

Maybe he could stand underneath the spillway and stick his finger in it.

How The EPA Will Change Under Pruitt

With the help of Democrats Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Republicans in the Senate on Friday confirmed Scott Pruitt to lead the Environmental Protection Agency - an agency that Pruitt sued no less than 13 times during his tenure as Oklahoma Attorney General.