Recent comments

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 9 hours ago

The person who saw Clinton’s Arizona remarks to Goldman said they thought there was no chance the campaign would ever release them. “It would bury her against Sanders,” this person said. “It really makes her look like an ally of the firm.”

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 9 hours ago

I doubt she went in and winged it so she wrote those 3 speeches ahead of time so why not release her copies of her written speeches? Why say transcripts which may or may not be hard to get a copy of whereas she has copies of her own written speeches? Why give the impression she has something to hide? Did she have a Mitt Romney 47% type of statement or something?

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 9 hours ago
    Quote Art:

It's not a very realistic point. There's going to be international trade no matter how much you dislike it. It's a good thing to have a tribunal where nations can also get decisions against corporations, as well as other nations, as in the case of currency manipulation.

So you've gone from saying that TPP will not effect sovereignty to saying that it is a good thing that it does.

• How bad a deal is SS?   1 day 9 hours ago
    Quote al3:
    Quote gumball:To clarify, I did not say it should be a replacement. In my second post of this thread I made the point that it would not be feasible as if the government were to allow folks to keep their contributions there would be no money to pay existing retirees.
    IIRC, you want the ability to put $1,000, or maybe $2,000 into private account, no? But would not that still weaken the system? It would be the beginning of the end for SS. And you'd better bet we'd be deluged by ads and think tank studies funded by Wall Street telling us how those wonderful private accounts can make us all rich, and we need to increase the ceiling on SS contributions into these accounts, so we could increase our "freedom." (They know any appeal to "freedom" really reels in the suckers.) Sorry gumball, it would give Wall Street the tiny little crevice needed to let these slimy rats into the motherlode of cheese . THey would not stop til the cheese was gone. No dice.

As I noted, the current problem is that we need to tax current workers to pay for the current system so any change of system is not feasible.

With that being said, I we were to start from scratch I would set it up like the TSP where it is narrowly focused.

• Chris Christie Savages Rubio During GOP Debate   1 day 9 hours ago

If Marcobot doesn’t do well will he have a meltdown? Maybe start smoking and saying, “Kill all humans.”

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 9 hours ago

As you can see from fig. 9, ISDS disputes are practically non-existent. There have been more disputes settled in favor of nations against other nations. Isn't it you guys who are always complaining about "unfair trade"? Those are the cases where that is addressed.

• Iowa Irregularities?   1 day 9 hours ago

Someone put a petition up on WhiteHouse.Gov asking the President to push for an official recount: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/honest-recount-feb-1-2016-iowa-democratic-caucuses

• THOM HARTMANN, It was Too Busy for I to Call in Wednesday, 02/03/16, about Sport of FootBall & Concussions.   1 day 9 hours ago

Quote mlk.silenceisnotanoption:

Personally, I have all but boycotted watching NFL games. I do still watch Steelers games ("my" team) but even at that, I refused to watch the games where Michael Vick was active. Also, James Harrison was implicated in the Al Jam HGH story.

I really should never have to state this, but- when talking about myself not being a healthy teenager & adult I am not talking about my sexuality or my physical health as I am heterosexual & Vegan, Organic & Etc.. I am talking about existing in The Capitalist World, USA & family.

We are most similar on that part, starting with the result of Michael 'Serial Dog Torturer & Murder' Vick (already posted about) & after I campaigned (supporters signatures to all I demanded) to get, work (while banned, from everything NFL, until) & demonstrate Michael 'Serial Dog Torturer & Murder' Vick rehabilitation or face the supporters & I no longer paying another red cent on The NFL. Every NFL Franchise that signed/signs Michael 'Serial Dog Torturer & Murder' Vick to any position I will never experience their games again, even when they involve The Miami Dolphins & protest when those Franchises with Michael 'Serial Dog Torturer & Murder' Vick on their rosters come to Joe Robbie Stadium, for any reasons. I have a E-Mail exchange with Humane Society US's President about this & it came down to we had only brought him to other organizations & had to do it because we made contracts with them (all of them involved). All the way to The Washington Redskins nickname racial slander to narrowing what Native Citizens are for ugly reasons, resulting in I not experiencing any Washington Redskins games.

Quote mlk.silenceisnotanoption:Here's the thing, I'm a female. As a pre Title 9 grade schooler, I was SSSooo jealous of the Boys who Played Football---(yes there is a "feminist" twist in all of this- or at least a woman twist, after all we are 51% of the population and the NFL has been capitalistically trying to make more bucks- by offering fashinable ladies "fanwear" and hooking up with major cosmetic companies-designing and advertising in major womens mags, "fan make-up", trying to CASH IN on the fact that Women watch NFL TOO)........................

I wanted to play football because those were the kids (BOYS) who were the "heros". Why can't a girl be a "hero" also???? Play football? AND GROW UP TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY

I was a HUGE Tomboy and could throw, run even kick as well as ANY of the boys, yet I as a FEMALE, couldn't play. I was pissed.

On the other side of the gender coin was my experiences as a star & backup, at different times, seeing the ugly coaching of from my father* to one of the top ranked State of Florida high school Athletic Director (who recommended the high schools I went to, to be ESE Facilitator & FB Coach) to my high school coaches (both as a player & fellow coach) were lesser ugly, than my father, but still not type of people who anyone should be following. Yet, Pop Warner FootBall League parents (within a brand-new Optimist organization, for the nearest city I lived by, finding its first superstar in the late 80s) would be crazy excited & pounding on my shoulders pads, after I performed the many unbelievable plays- from sacks to tackling runners behind LOS- despite 3 to 4-blockers, thanks to my dad living through my performances, as he coached my teams. Not bragging about it, just stating it as a fact, 30-sacks in one-season- it was youth FB after-all. Forget, if I was comfortable with the attention & if it was good, wanted to just do the very best at my position & help my teams win, then do the best I could to increase the sacks & TFLs totals. But I never had the help & room to develop into a healthy enough teenager, my neighborhood, family, schools, dad & mother (unhappy marriage- but still married, her world was escaping her damaged family) would never accept, which I believe sabotage the rest of my sports career, as much as my surgeries on my feet did & not willing to work through the crazy rehab to return to the athlete/student teenager I would have been without year off for the horrible hieratory feet surgeries. As the healthy adult (because I do not play along with the system of economically surviving through my surrender to change the system) I am now clashes with my parents & other closer members of both sides of my family, when I bring-up the need for change, as they lack actions & act to keep The Capitalist system (my dad can never keep quite when other people experience, without him, something he dislikes/disagrees with from what he is feed from The Capitalist system).

*-who grew into a damaged, selfish, is never wrong & manipulates all- people, facts & only pretends to care about others, from a damaged childhood, by his damaged, selfish, is never wrong & manipulates all- people, facts & only pretends to care about others for his gain father. Unfortunately, The USA citizens in general is some degree of the previous sentence & our leaders are next to never opposite of the previous sentence.

Quote mlk.silenceisnotanoption:Now, by HS (and title 9 passed), the Boys Who Played Football told me about a lot of the grossness, the sadistic nature of the game that cameras don't catch and that nobody talked about. Like the kinds of things that happen "in the pile"--like nostril pulling, peeing on each other, eye poking, ball smashing, ass grabbing etc. Oh, and the language but yawn--oh just "bad words", child's play, right? Grow up Be A Man---- except that even the language (from coaches, fellow playerscrossed the lines from "taunting").

The brutal, abusive languagecomined with the physical affected boys I knew; emotional abuse. IT DOES get to people, young men, boys, some of the language. Oh, sorry am I just being a , just being a pussy/fag to object?. Words, right? pppphhtttt. Damage. Is this bravado, the language of the Male Domination Indoctrination ( of OPPONANTS but extends to all "percieved (weak) opponants-women and Gays), does this play a part in the domestic violence stories that leak? Yes, I think so. Hell yes.

I learned of some of the sadistic nature of coaches and locker room environments. Won't comment further there, gets into legit legal threshhold assault category. But this is "being a Man". No prob, eh? And go throw your head into the mash and damned the (human) torpedoes, including your own adult variety shaken baby syndrome brain. Score! Hit! Kill!

Now, having learned the really awful details of medical neglect and corruption, so on, I look at football today like I look at WAR.

This is NOT a "feminist" shortcoming, failure of "equality", this is a "feminist" gift!!!!

In the United States, as a female, when I turned 18 I was not required to register for Selective Service, go to war.

In the United States, as a female, I was not allowed to play football, go to war.

TBI man, TBI, no diff

TY, WHEW and double whew, to both. In this case TY "discrimination", because I'm released from the potential PERMANENT and DEADLYmind and body harm of war, and the potential PERMANENT and DEADLY mind and body harm of football.

********(though women's athletics have issues as well, I aknowledge- eating dissorders, and BTW, women can be just as emotionally vicious as men with languge on the field and in locker rooms, true)

********oh, and throw in treatment of homosexual athletes in either predominantly male or female sports, in that, the (straight) sexes may be "equal", in the discrimination of gay athletes. But I digress..........

I don't know what is to be done w/the NFL Industrial Complex (whose arms reach down to grade-school pony leagues). I don't know how we handle the reality of ever bigger, heavier, faster men playing football. I don't know what to do with "perforamnce enhancing" drugs. All I can say is that I get the heebee-geebees , I feel like a hypocrit to support the NFL and football, it just doesn't sit right with me anymore. My heart breaks for these men and their families.

Football, the All American, this like so many "All American"(exceptionalism) dreams has either died or been shattered as the phony scam it always was.

I read Zirin. Cheers to you Dave Zirin, TY for all of your good work in exposing the dirtiness of the world you love, as a sports guy, as an American, USA. Like every other "Institution" of the Exceptional USA, this one is a fcked and flawed as the rest.

signed,

A FORMER envious of the boys Tom-boy (but sucessful athlete of track, cross-country, volleyball, basketball) female NFL Football Fan,

mlk.silenceisnotanoption

VIOLENCE IS NOT AN OPTION

I never had the help & room to develop into a healthy enough teenager, my neighborhood, family, schools, dad & mother (unhappy marriage- but still married, her world was escaping her damaged family) would never accept, (repeated to refer back to my previous paragraph, in response to this wonderful of what followed) which I believe sabotage the rest of my sports career, as much as my surgeries on my feet did & not willing to work through the crazy rehab to return to the athlete/student teenager I would have been without year off for the horrible hieratory feet surgeries. As the healthy adult (because I do not play along with the system of economically surviving through my surrender to change the system) I am now clashes with my parents & other closer members of both sides of my family, when I bring-up the need for change, as they lack actions & act to keep The Capitalist system (my dad can never keep quite when other people experience, without him, something he dislikes/disagrees with from what he is feed from The Capitalist system).

*-who grew into a damaged, selfish, is never wrong & manipulates all- people, facts & only pretends to care about others, father- from a damaged childhood, by his damaged, selfish, is never wrong & manipulates all- people, facts & only pretends to care about others for his gain father/grandfather. Unfortunately, The USA citizens in general is some degree of the previous sentence & our leaders are next to never opposite of the previous sentence.

I could agree more with what you said if it focused not on you evolving into a gender (female) that fights for its equality, but a you evolving into a person that fights for all people's equality, in the FootBall. Do not get me wrong, I know there is sexism (it is stronger in sports & Higher Education through Professional, than out of sports), but we are all our species & members of the live-able Earth. Thus, the solutions to these problems are not just getting equality to males & Capitalist, which most women & men have & are fighting for. I remember years ago, telling my mother that I hope women do not just do what men do, but do better than men (IE many powerful women today & not many women who could be powerful & choose to be better & outside The Capitalist accepted). Women without becoming my mother (who considers herself Femist, as I once did & I consider myself extremely concerned with issues gender inequality by working for Earth's & Being's Rights), my dad's mother/my grandmother who was not even close to my mother's version of femist, my mom's mother who just replace the bad things men do or worse just taking on the evils of males (my dad & my dad's father/my grandfather or my mom's damaged from WW II & growingup in mining family of Ohio father/my grandfather that was racist & dictator) & Capitalist. It is not because I grew up with **Male & White & Economic (my family achieved when I entered high school) Surpremency, because yes, if I was different sex & race & economic class my life would been worse, but my life is not great now, because I fought (with the help of facilitating teachers at every level of education**- gone from State of Florida education now). It is because I grew up with unacceptance from those closest to me & Challenges in Short & Long Term Memories & Language Processing. Another words I grew up with challenges within me that extremely challenged me, & still does. Thus, I challenge all that are doing wrong, as much as I can. That is our Earth & Beings Rights person over just sexism & racism & even Economics Inequality in a field, it is Equality in a whole- starting with the least among us- not least of our species. I have yet to find one media person who understands & acts (uses their power to get people outside the two-political parties in so they can change the world as much as possible- rather than just slower death) the unbelieve-able urgency there is for our Live-able Earth & All Beings Survival, right now to YESTERDAY, not next election or 8-years from now. Not only that but not be manipulated by bad logic & anti-Voting & anti-Democray determines results, not what you believe & communicate, ideas/failure equals scarifice is evolving to the must/fears/putting people trying to seriously address most serious issue into strongman situations- if we do not go with Capitalist, trying to protray themselves apart of us- to destroy it over longer time, then the worse of the rest will destroy it now.

• How bad a deal is SS?   1 day 9 hours ago

I'm 40 so I kinda have a foot in two generations here, not sure your age but there is definitely a digital divide.

Technology has changed more then just the ability to send pictures. It has opened up new outlets of entrepreneurship. I have friends who supplement their income greatly as the result of tech. One friend picks up free and cheap furniture and what not off of craigslist, fixes them up or repurposes them and sells them on offerup. One friend is a tailor and she does custom cloths targeting horse shows and sells them all over the country through ebay. My cousin drives at night for Uber while he is saving up for a down payment on a house.

There are Amazon authors who could not get published by the big corporations who have made a good living self publishing through kindle. And there are thousands who have made enough doing so to supplement their income.

The list gos on and on about the oppurtunity that tech has provided to self starters and we are just begining to see the full impact of this.

• Warhol Ikons   1 day 9 hours ago

Samsara's visual juxtapositions on the subject of the modern human's approach to food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56NBsZXjr8

• How bad a deal is SS?   1 day 9 hours ago
    Quote chilidog:
    Quote gumball:

Does it not follow then that a $9 trillion+ increase in GDP from 1980 to 2015 will have a greater increase in the value of stocks than the 3 +/- trillion GDP increase from 1945-1980?

I don't know if you posted a link for these figures - I'm not digging through 450 posts.

This website indicates that real GDP per capita in 1980 was 114% higher than 1946, and real GDP per capita in 2014 was 76% higher than 1980.

How is per capita relevant?

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 10 hours ago
    Quote Art:

I'm pretty sure we've covered all that territory about the ISDS disputes, Mark. You're a little late to the game.

As I said, anybody can sue anybody for anything, just like in a domestic court. There is very little possibility that TransCanada's complaint will succede. Don't you think it makes sense to wait until the panel actually says something before prognosticating what it will decide?

The point is that it should not even be in an international court. The United States does not need their permission to make laws.

• How bad a deal is SS?   1 day 10 hours ago
    Quote ulTRAX:
    Quote gumball:Supply and demand does play a role, an increase of over $9 trillion in GDP increases demand means more money buying stocks, does it not? More GDP means more revenue for the companies, does it not? More revenue means the companies are valued higher, does it not?

God, you're thick as a brick. DO YOU KNOW WHAT DIRECT CAUSALITY IS?

Obviously not. That was the original question... what makes the stock market go up.

How much more direct do you need? More total value in goods and services produced increases the total value of the companies that produce the goods and services.

This is about the long term trend, not the short term swings of the market.

• Stephanie Miller vs Thom Hartmann   1 day 10 hours ago

The difference between Thom and Stephanie is that Thom is overlooking the fact that Hillary wants more Wars and Stephanie is supportting Hillary because she wants more Wars.

• The Etymology of the Word "Caucus"   1 day 10 hours ago

I was replying to beezle. I neglected to be sure that a "reply to" was there.

On the other hand, I think most would have a hard time thinking you're kenyatta's lap dog.

Just to add to the confusion, there is no "reply to" to this reply.

• Stephanie Miller vs Thom Hartmann   1 day 10 hours ago

Of all the so-called progressive talk shows, I always liked hers least. I can't stand her really. She clowned around too much on air, so you really didn't learn much. I'm not surprised to hear she's trashing Bernie. I question the judgment of anyone who would choose Hillary as his/her first choice at this point. You would really have to have blinders on to shrug off or justify what we know about her.

• Should Obama\Hillary be charged with negligent manslaughter for not taking action against BP’s Deepwater Horizon Platform that they knew was defective?   1 day 10 hours ago

Not a hell of a lot of responses to this blog post, but it is a well published fact that Hillary did know about a similar accident the same actors committed only recently where too many People barely espcaped with their lives.

And my ability to say that caused Chelsea Manning her freedom.

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 10 hours ago

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 10 hours ago

I'm sick of hearing people quote Paul Krugman, as if he's some oracle or economic genius. He's been right on some things and completely out to lunch on others -- usually when he's trying to justify something based on his political views. There are plenty of people who disagree with him. Yes, I know, he's a Hillary supporter, so we need to parade his name around as much as possible this election cycle.

• Clinton Bragging About Endorsement from War Criminal!   1 day 10 hours ago
    Quote ulTRAX:

Quote stoptpp:You are right. I was assuming most people here knew. Wrong on my part. Sorry. Thanks for the link.

When you made the comment I didn't know if she was referring to Bush2's invasion where it was reported possibly a million civilians died.

Albright was referring to the UN Sanctions.

She did not dispute the figure of over a half million children dead as a result of the Sanctions. She said their deaths were worth it. She has been asked over the years what her biggest regrets are and she never lists the Sanctions, the deaths of the children, or even the quote as one of her regrets

• $675000 For Three Speeches   1 day 10 hours ago

Obama and others have been using deception to promote TPP. And one of Obama's arguments was that our nation did not have to worry about the U.S. government being sued under TPP. This was under direct conflict with Senator Elizabeth Warren's views that lawsuits by foreign tribunals under TPP were a major concern. Now we see TransCanada is suing the U.S. over Obama’s rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline. The U.S. might lose.

On Jan. 6, 2016 TransCanada went to court to claim that the Obama administration’s failure to approve the Keystone XL pipeline violates U.S. obligations under the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA. The company is asking for $15 billion in compensation from U.S. taxpayers.

A bit of background before moving into what TransCanada’s case could portend. NAFTA (much like the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, or TPP) allows foreign investors to bring direct legal challenges against a wide range of host state regulations. These cases are heard outside of national courts, by panels of three arbitrators selected by the litigating investor and government. These arbitrators lack the formal power to overturn host state policies, so instead order the payment of cash compensation that can then be enforced in national courts.

• Feb 9 URGENT: Call Congress to STOP the TPP.   1 day 10 hours ago

If Special Interests reward the Democrats for the TPP (as Obama hopes), it is up to Voters vote out of office each and every congresscreater who was in Congress when it happened, REGARDLESS of whether or not Obama gave them permission to vote “No” because he could afford it ( since he had a sufficient number of votes to pass it.)

So there is NO HIDING Mr. Pocan!

• Rick Snyder and Bill Clinton   1 day 10 hours ago

Noam Chomsky: January 26, 2016
    Why the Republican Party Is a Threat to Human Survival
    Sanders has the best policies; GOP must be stopped at all costs.

Richard Dale Snyder is an American politician, business executive, venture capitalist, and accountant. He is the 48th and current Governor of Michigan. A member of the Republican Party, he assumed office as governor on January 1, 2011.

10 People Have Died of Legionnaire's Disease in Flint,
    Where the Water is Poisoned

In a press conference today, Governor Rick Snyder—who very well may be to blame for the entire fiasco—said that from June 2014 (two months after Flint stopped taking water from Detroit) to November 2015 (a month after the stopped), Genesee County, which contains Flint, saw 87 cases of Legionnaire’s disease, with 10 of those being fatal

Michigan officials stopped short of saying that the source is the dirty, lead-heavy water, but that is certainly the logical place to start.

How Much Did Michigan Governor Rick Snyder
    Know About Flint's Poisoned Water?

Among the most crucial questions of all are: Who should have known that the water in the Flint River was unsafe, who did know, and when did they know? That includes Synder, the governor, who is now apologizing for the crisis while also attempting to distance himself from it at the same time. At a press conference on Thursday, Snyder essentially plead the fifth on what he or his office might have known and when, but incriminating documents regarding his administration’s knowledge of the crisis have already been uncovered.

Snyder didn’t declare a state of emergency regarding the water crisis until this week, but at least five months ago his top deputy was complaining about the administration having “blown off” the residents of Flint who were “scared and worried about the health impacts” of the water they were being asked to drink.

Angry family wants answers
    on Flint water after Legionnaires' death

A woman whose husband died of Legionnaires' disease at a Flint hospital in August now fears the city's water may have caused his death.

Terri Nelson of Flushing said she had no inkling that state officials were probing a possible link between Flint water and Legionnaires' disease until last week when she saw a news report on television.

Flint Weighs Scope of Harm to Children
    Caused by Lead in Water

Dr. Hanna-Attisha would waste no time adding King and his sister, Taeyana, to a new database of children under 6 who may have been exposed to lead in Flint’s water, a group she said she believed could number 8,000.

Of all the concerns raised by the contamination of Flint’s water supply, and the failure of the state and federal governments to promptly address the crisis after it began nearly two years ago, none are more chilling than the possibility that children in this tattered city may have suffered irreversible damage to their developing brains and nervous systemsfrom exposure to lead.

Brain Damage:
    Children Suffer the Consequences of Anti-Regulation in Michigan

LeeAnne Walters, a resident who says her 4-year-old son has been found to have high lead levels in his blood, holds a water filter that shows signs of lead particles from her home in Flint, Michigan, October 6, 2015. Residents of Flint lauded a decision Thursday to switch the city to its old water source after water from the Flint River was linked to rising lead levels in the blood of some children.

What Will Happen to Flint’s Lead-Poisoned Children?

After the city began using the Flint River as a drinking water supply in 2014, the incidence of elevated blood lead levels among Flint children under age 5 nearly doubled from 2.1 percent to 4 percent, according to research led by Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha at the Hurley Medical Center and released in September of last year.

How Michigan literally poisoned
    an entire city to save a few bucks

Trying to be cheap on Flint's water supply will end up costing the state of Michigan (and probably the country as a whole) a ton more money than it would have to fix it properly in the first place.

How the Michigan state government
    poisoned the children of Flint

This post will be different than my usual post. Let’s just say that it has to do with quackery of a different kind than I usually write about here. It’s about a public health disaster that was entirely preventable and had nothing to do with vaccines. It has to do with government malpractice on an epic scale, right here in my very own state

Doctors explain the long-term health effects of Flint water crisis

Exposed children are at risk for a number of problems, including lower IQ scores, developmental delays, and behavioral issues such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Even after lead exposure stops, the effects can last for years or even be permanent.

In Flint, a major challenge will be identifying which children are at risk, then tracking them for many years for evidence of injury.

"These children are going to be injured for life. They're going to need remedial education, they're going to need educational enrichment programs," Landrigan says. "They're kids who are going to be prevented from functioning at their full level."

There are no known drugs to effectively reverse the developmental damage caused by lead.

Cannabis Blocks Irreversible Brain Damage
    Cannabis Prevents Brain Damage
    Using Pot To Save Brains!

• Chris Christie Savages Rubio During GOP Debate   1 day 11 hours ago
    Quote al3:

Yeah, I saw Marco Roboto's meltdown. Should not have been surprised because I have been telling some conservative friends - who believe Rubio is the guy - that Marco tends to sound stiff and scripted, and he's obviously spouting memorized material. My friends deny that, but I had the last laugh after Saturday night.

It appears that Christie's rapid fire attacks were too fast for the system downloads from the Koch central servers to keep up. Or maybe it was a chip overload... I can imagine a scene from a bad sci-fi flick if Christie had kept it up...we'd have seen a Marco Roboto gone haywire....smoke coming out his ears, wildly twitching appendages, the blue screen of death in his eyes..."does not compute, does not compute, does not compute"...while in the remote Koch bunker, controllers are watching screens in horror, madly punching buttons, cursing, sparks are flying, buzzers sounding...then they just give up and RUN......LOL...

Gotta just love the imagery here, al3. I can see it now. LOL

• MSNBC's Chris Matthews on Bernie Sanders and Socialism...   1 day 11 hours ago

I liked this clip - and to make a Chris Mathews-like general assumption without really giving much thought, I'll just say that Chris Mathews has become a media hack with little depth.

I think Paul Rosenberg at Salon said it best in his article -

Chris Matthews is a dope and doesn’t understand Bernie Sanders’ appeal at all
    The simple-minded "Hardball" host only understands conflict and has placed Bernie in a box. Let him out!