Did Bernie On Fox Just Show Progressive Politics Are Widely Beloved?

Thom plus logo Bernie Sanders went on Fox News and showed us how someone who genuinely believes in his own policies can overcome questions designed specifically to make him look foolish. Every time the fox hosts tried gotcha questions or tried to provoke Bernie to get him upset, he handled it with elegance and with the support of the crowd.

It's amazing, but a Fox News crowd was actively supporting Bernie and his policies - a huge spectrum of progressive policies - right in front of Fox News and the world. It's easy to imagine several of the more genuine Democratic candidates doing well in the same venue.

But most importantly, Bernie's experience doing a Fox town hall tells us all that progressive policies are widely beloved by the American people, regardless of the messenger.

-Thom

Comments

rolandc's picture
rolandc 13 weeks 4 days ago

I absolutely agree that he carried himself very well throughout the interview. Regardless of whether or not I agree with all of his policies, he still deserves some respect for sure. Roland - carpet cleaning | painters st. john's nl

fisherJL's picture
fisherJL 12 weeks 1 day ago

I completely agree with @rolandc what a great job he did during the interview, i take my hat off to him. Thanks, James. Mobile Dog Grooming

Bryant Owing's picture
Bryant Owing 12 weeks 1 day ago

Nice article! I guess, the senator made policies he believes that is good for the people. We, from alexandria plumbing services people, admired those policies and respected him.

joshuaprice153's picture
joshuaprice153 11 weeks 6 days ago

This blog is very nice.I really like such a fantastic written blog.I will keep coming here again and again.Visit my link as well. www.gainesvilletreepro.com

Bryant Owing's picture
Bryant Owing 9 weeks 5 days ago

Respect should be given to him!

Bryant | plumber alexandria va

Daniel Perez's picture
Daniel Perez 8 weeks 1 day ago

I admire your blog because I got some information, You are great! Thanks for sharing.

How To Fight Trump?

Thom plus logo Tim Wise, who helped run a campaign against David Duke, points out that when they tried to talk about the issues and ignored Duke's appeal to racism, it depressed the white anti-Duke Vote.

Latest Headlines

Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?

There were conflicting reports on Sunday regarding a recent proposal for United States-North Korea peace talks which was allegedly made before North Korea"s recent nuclear test

U.K. Pound Falls As Markets Get Brexit Jitters

Bloomberg said on Monday the pound had sustained its biggest fall against the dollar in 11 months

Clinton: I'll defend Israel but push for 'two-state solution

Hillary Clinton believes both Republican candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz "missed the mark" with their approach to the Israel-Palestinian Arab conflict
"The powers that be are running roughshod over the powers that OUGHT to be. Hartmann tells us what went wrong — and what you and I can do to help set American right again."
Jim Hightower, National Radio Commentator, Writer, Public Speaker, and author of the bestselling Thieves in High Places
"Thom Hartmann’s book explains in simple language and with concrete research the details of the Neo-con’s war against the American middle class. It proves what many have intuited and serves to remind us that without a healthy, employed, and vital middle class, America is no more than the richest Third World country on the planet."
Peter Coyote, Actor and author of Sleeping Where I Fall
From Unequal Protection, 2nd Edition:
"Hartmann combines a remarkable piece of historical research with a brilliant literary style to tell the grand story of corporate corruption and its consequences for society with the force and readability of a great novel."
David C. Korten, author of When Corporations Rule the World and Agenda for A New Economy