Is it a Breast Cancer Death Panel?Apr. 23, 2010 8:45 amBy louisehartmann
Reuters is reporting that WellPoint routinely targets breast cancer patients. None of the women were aware of the others, but they all had something in common. The women had all paid their premiums on time. Before they fell ill, none had any problems with their insurance. Initially, all believed their policies had been canceled by mistake.
Daily Topics - Friday April 23 2010- Brunch with Bernie!Apr. 23, 2010 8:08 amBy louisehartmann
"Anything Goes on Townhall Fridays!"
Hour One - "Brunch With Bernie" Senator Bernie Sanders www.sanders.senate.gov
Thursday 22 April '10 show notesApr. 23, 2010 7:28 amBy SueN
- H. Leighton Steward, geologist, environmentalist, author, and retired energy industry executive.
- Robert Reich, Professor of Public Policy-UC Berkeley,served in three national administrations-most recently as secretary of labor under President Bill Clinton, author of 12 books including "SuperCapitalism: The Transformation of Business, Democracy, and Everyday Life.
Wednesday 21 April '10 show notesApr. 23, 2010 6:16 amBy SueN
- William Gheen, President & Spokesperson, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALI-PAC).
Tuesday 20 April '10 show notesApr. 23, 2010 5:36 amBy SueN
- Carrie Lukas of the Independent Women's Forum.
- Robert Reich, Professor of Public Policy-UC Berkeley, author of 12 books including "Supercapitalism: The Transformation of Business, Democracy, and Everyday Life".
Hooker?....or Cap & Trade?Apr. 22, 2010 8:48 amBy louisehartmann
Carol Browner, the director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change Policy, told Politico that if Congress doesn’t act to curb carbon emissions, the White House will. Browner said, “We’re not going to ignore a Supreme Court decision,” referring to a 2007 ruling that gave EPA the authority to treat greenhouse gases as a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.
Daily Topics - Thursday - April 22 2010Apr. 22, 2010 8:42 amBy louisehartmann
It's Earth Day!
Hour One - How gullible does the oil industry think we are? H. Leighton Steward http://plantsneedco2.com
Hour Two - Obama's speech and have we become - "Can I see your papers...Please?"
Hour Three - It's a rumble! - Does Earth Day Movement Pushes Painful Policies...American Families Hurt By Higher Costs and TaxesMike Carey www.ACAREnow.org
Monday 19 April '10 show notesApr. 22, 2010 7:12 amBy SueN
- Nomi Prins, former managing director at Goldman Sachs, and running the international analytics group at Bear Stearns in London; current book is "It Takes a Pillage: Behind the Bonuses, Bailouts, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street".
- Anthony Rothert, ACLU Attorney (representing Frank Ancona (Imperial Wizard) & the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan v. the State of Missouri).
Can NAFTA be Repealed?Apr. 21, 2010 8:01 amBy louisehartmann
Four congressmen have submitted to Congress a bill to repeal NAFTA. Free trade appears to be losing its base of support on Capitol Hill. Six anti-free-trade Democrats - Sherrod Brown of Ohio, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Jon Tester of Montana, Bob Casey of Pennsylvania, Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, and Jim Webb of Virginia, plus Independent Bernie Sanders of Vermont - captured Senate seats formerly held by free traders.
Daily Topics - Wednesday April 21 2010Apr. 21, 2010 7:30 amBy louisehartmann
Hour One - What does outing Senator Lindsey Graham have to do with immigration reform? William Gheen www.alipac.us
Hour Two - "The 5 Grossest American Fast Food Ideas" Brian Merchant www.alternet.org