Monday 5 April '10 show notesApr. 6, 2010 6:36 amBy SueN
- Radley Balko, Senior Editor, Reason Magazine.
- Jon Eisenberg, Attorney for Al-Haramain Charity.
- Governor Don Siegelman
- Has the militarization of our police departments cost us our 4th Amendment rights?
- Is the Obama Administration really worse than the Bushies when it comes to illegal wiretapping?
How much should the CEO of WellPoint get?Apr. 5, 2010 8:54 amBy louisehartmann
Angela Braly, the CEO of health insurance giant WellPoint just received a whopping $13.1 million in pay, a 51 percent increase in compensation in 2009. This at the same time “WellPoint’s California subsidiary, Anthem Blue Cross, is seeking a double-digit rate increases for many of its 800,000 members who buy individual policies.” A Center for American Progress analysis from February found that “double-digit hikes have been implemented or are pending in at least 11 other states among the 14 where WellPoint’s Blue Cross Blue Shield companies are active.” WellPoint spokesman Jon Mills ju
Daily Topics - Monday April 5 2010Apr. 5, 2010 8:49 amBy louisehartmann
Hour One - Has the militarization of our police departments cost us our 4th Amendment rights?
Hour Two - Is the Obama Administration really worse than the Bushies when it comes to illegal wiretapping? Jon Eisenberg, Attorney for Al-Haramain Charity www.eandhlaw.com
THREATS, VIOLENCE AGAINST CONGRESS SHOW URGENT NEED FOR KING RECORDS ACTApr. 5, 2010 8:21 amBy louisehartmann
Friday 2 April '10 show notesApr. 4, 2010 9:00 amBy SueN
- Senator Bernie Sanders, (I-VT).
- Troy Winkelman, citizen activist.
- "Brunch With Bernie".
- What happens when a progressive goes to a tea party?
- 'Anything Goes' Friday.
- Bumper Music:
- Nothing On But The Radio, Gary Allan.
Thursday 1 April '10 show notesApr. 3, 2010 7:36 pmBy SueN
- Charles Bowden, journalist & bestselling author...his latest book is "Murder City: Ciudad Juarez and the Global Economy's New Killing Fields.
- Eamon Javers, White House Reporter for Politico, journalist/author of the new book "Broker, Trader, Lawyer, Spy": The Secret World of Corporate Espionage.
- Why are right wing conservatives and Republicans encouraging domestic terrorism?
Wednesday 31 March '10 show notesApr. 2, 2010 8:53 pmBy SueN
- William Yeatman, Energy Policy Analyst at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- Phil Radford, Executive Director, Greenpeace.
- Pam Dahl, President, Tri-County Tea Party Florida
- Have Americans become useful idiots for Koch Industries?
Tuesday 30 March '10 show notesApr. 2, 2010 8:32 pmBy SueN
- Peter Ferrara of the American Civil Rights Union.
- Paul Loeb, author.
- Is America failing because we don't have enough socialism?
- "Soul of a Citizen: Living With Conviction in Challenging Times"
- Does America have what it takes to be energy independent?
Transcript: Ellen Ratner calls Thom Hartmann from Sudan 24 Mar '10.Apr. 2, 2010 6:42 pmBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: Ellen Ratner is in South Sudan right now where I was with Ellen a year and a half ago and Ellen calling by satellite phone I assume, welcome.
Ellen Ratner: No actually I’m calling by a cell phone, actually in Aweil now, the city, which you and I were never in. Actually have cell phone services, it’s quite astounding that they do at all.
Thom Hartmann: You are where?
Transcript: Thom Hartmann asks David Frum how to stop the right wing crazy train from taking over their party. 24 Mar '10.Apr. 2, 2010 6:33 pmBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: Well, Republicans are valiantly trying to stop modifications to the Senate bill that was signed into law yesterday, the health insurance, not health care, health insurance reform. And it’s David Vitter and others putting forward these amendments, trying to slow it down and blow it up. Still operating off the play book that if they can just somehow damage the Democratic Party or make things not work the way that Obama wants them to work, that that’s going to adhere benefit to the Republican Party over time.