- May. 14, 2010 5:49 amBy louisehartmannHour One: "Brunch With Bernie" Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) spends the hour with Thom discussing the issues and answering listener questions www.sanders.senate.gov
- May. 13, 2010 8:50 amBy louisehartmann
On the Senate floor, Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND) lashed out at his own party for its financial reform bill, saying that if they don't fix the "too big to fail" provisions and better regulate credit default swaps, "then shame on us. We have a responsibility here. We cannot claim ever that we have done something about this system." Sen.
- May. 13, 2010 8:40 amBy louisehartmann
Hour One - Why won't American companies lobby for better education for American workers instead of importing them? Matt Welch Editor in Chief, Reason Magazine www.reason.com
Hour Two - Where are all the dead Canadians and why does Big Pharma want more seniors to have to choose between dog food and pills? Peter Pitts www.drugwonks.com
- May. 13, 2010 5:47 amBy SueN
- May. 13, 2010 4:17 amBy SueN
- May. 12, 2010 8:22 amBy louisehartmann
The Times-Picayune reported last week that an oil worker who survived the April 20 explosion of the Deepwater Horizon, that killed 11 people and started a disastrous oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, said a key safety measure was not being implented on the rig.
- May. 12, 2010 7:54 amBy louisehartmann
Quote: Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery of party, faction, and division of society. -- John Adams
Hour One - Hour One -Has the President "dummied down" the Supreme Court? Thom challenges Bay Buchanan www.theamericancause.com
- May. 11, 2010 10:10 amBy louisehartmann
Even though there are Tea Party protests about high taxes, a USA Today analysis of federal data shows that Americans paid the lowest level of taxes last year since the Harry Truman’s presidency.
Federal, state, local, property, sales, and other taxes are 9.2% of all personal income in 2009, the lowest rate since 1950. This is also true of multimillionaires and billionaires, who pay a maximum 35 percent income tax on salaries and not a penny in Social Security taxes on the vast majority of their income.
- May. 11, 2010 10:09 amBy louisehartmann
Welcome to our newest affilate TV stations: Baltimore Grassroots Media in Baltimore, MD and also Fort Collins Public Access Media in Fort Collins, CO
Hour One: Is America facing "My Big Fat Greek Bankruptcy?!" Thom mixes it up with Libertarian Wayne Root www.rootforamerica.com