- May. 25, 2011 9:23 amBy louisehartmann
Democrats scored a huge political victory last night – taking New York’s 26th district – adding another Democratic seat to the House of Representatives. The seat was previously held by Republican Chris Lee until he was busted taking topless photos of himself to solicit women on craigslist. Despite the fact that only three Democrats have ever held the seat since 1857 – and Republicans led by Karl Rove and the Chamber of Com
- May. 24, 2011 5:09 pmBy SueN
- Dave Nalle, National Chair, Republican Liberty Council. Not all conservatives want to extend the patriot act...
- David Vines, founding member - Autonomous Solidarity Organization. Latest War on the war on Labor.
- Joel Rubin, National Security Network, and Salam Al-Marayti, Muslim Public Affairs Council. How should the U.S.
- May. 24, 2011 9:12 amBy shawnt56
Get the new IPhone App for Thom Hartmann
Hour One: Is there a civil war in the GOP? Dr. Charles Dunn, Regent University
Hour Two: New date for the rapture...? / Plus, has Glenn Beck become a doomsday profit?
Hour Three: "Manufacturing decline puts economic/national security at risk" - President Leo Gerard, United Steelworkers
- May. 24, 2011 8:11 amBy louisehartmann
If you thought our government was in charge of making laws – think again. It turns out the World Trade Organization is telling us what to do. Yesterday – the WTO took a bite out of US sovereignty – ruling that American can no longer label tuna products as “dolphin safe.” Why? Because such labeling could restrict the purchase of certain foreign tuna products – thus limiting “free trade” in America.
- May. 23, 2011 9:24 amBy louisehartmann
The 60-day deadline in the War Powers Act has come and gone – meaning President Obama is required to seek Congressional approval for ongoing military action in Libya. Although on Friday – the President wrote a letter to Congressional leaders saying he has no intention of doing that. Arguing that the US military’s role in Libya is “limited” to just supporting NATO – President Obama said approval from Congress is unnecessary
Transcript: Thom Hartmann: Stop the show & start the subpoenas for high crimes against America 13 May '11May. 22, 2011 6:35 pmBy SueN
And the Oscar goes to...
The Senate Finance Committee.
July 11-13: At Netroots Nation
Friday, July 12: Philadelphia, PA 4:15pm - At Netroots Nation
Location: PA Convention Center, 1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA
Become a Thom Supporter- Click the Patreon button