- Jun. 21, 2011 7:56 amBy louisehartmann
A North Carolina man – James Richard Verone – was sent to jail earlier this month after he tried to rob one dollar from a bank. Verone’s motive for the petty crime was simple – he wanted to go to prison so that he could get healthcare. After he was laid off as a delivery driver for Coca Cola – Verone found himself without health insurance and in constant pain due to arthritis. He was repeatedly denied health insuranc
- Jun. 20, 2011 4:59 pmBy SueN
- Ryan McConaghy, Director of the Economic Program at Third Way. Cash for geezers vs. geezers for McJobs.
- Stephen Moore, Editorial board member and senior economics writer, The Wall Street Journal. IMF warns global economic recovery in danger...conservatives say US should "default".
- Robert Lennox, the secretary-treasurer of Teamsters Local 495.
- Jun. 20, 2011 4:50 pmBy SueN
- Jun. 20, 2011 6:46 amBy louisehartmann
Who’s screwed? People who eat. Last week – House Republicans passed the Agriculture Appropriations bill that cuts $87 million from the FDA and $35 million from the USDA food inspection program. Republicans Congressman Jack Kingston defended the legislation saying, “Do we believe that McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Chicken…aren’t concerned about food safety?
- Jun. 17, 2011 8:17 amBy louisehartmann
The IMF announced today that the global economic recovery is in danger. Citing mounting opposition across Europe to austerity measures – and the failure of the US government to find a way to raise the debt ceiling – the IMF cautioned in three newly released reports that the entire world could slip back into financial instability.
- Jun. 16, 2011 5:20 pmBy SueN
- Thom live from Netroots Nation in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Mary Bottari, Director "Real Economy Project", Editor - "BanksterUSA".
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent - The Nation Magazine.
- Lizz Winstead, Daily Show co-creator and comedian.
- Paul Gunter, Director, Reactor Oversight - Beyond Nuclear.
- Jun. 16, 2011 4:34 pmBy SueN
- Sam Seder in for Thom.
- John Nichols, The Nation Magazine. Latest on the war on Labor.
- Stephen Kohn, Executive Director - National Whistleblowers Center. New rules for whistleblowers.
- Katrina vanden Heuvel, The Nation Magazine. Who is the real Michelle Bachman?
- Andy Kroll, Mother Jones Magazine. Elizabeth Warren vs.