- Jun. 24, 2011 8:30 amBy shawnt56
"Anything Goes on Townhall Friday!"
- Jun. 24, 2011 8:06 amBy louisehartmann
You need to know this. The New Jersey State House passed a harsh anti-union bill yesterday – that shreds public employee benefits – cuts off cost-of-living increases for their pensions – and kills their collective bargaining rights. The bill includes the deepest cuts to public employee benefits in the state’s history – and will affect more than 750,000 public workers like teachers, firefighters, and police officers.
- Jun. 23, 2011 5:22 pmBy SueN
- William Goodman, Attorney, President Board of Directors w/Sugar Law Center for Economic & Social Justice. Law suit challenging Michigan's Emergency Manager law filed today.
- Ken Klukowski of The American Civil Rights Union. What is the problem with the U.S. Supreme Court?
- Macon Cowles, City Councilman-Boulder, CO / environmental & civil rights attorney.
- Jun. 23, 2011 5:01 pmBy SueN
- Jun. 23, 2011 8:43 amBy louisehartmann
I’ve been saying for a long time that Republicans have one strategy – to crash the economy so that President Obama loses in 2012. Now – finally – it looks like Democrats have figured that out. In a press conference on Capitol Hill yesterday – top Democrats called out Republicans for stopping anything that will help the economy.
- Jun. 22, 2011 8:11 amBy louisehartmann
Are we on the verge of seeing a mass extinction in Earth’s oceans? That’s what a group of top ocean scientists warn in a new report released this week by the International Programme on the State of the Ocean. Because of pollution and global warming – the oceans are losing oxygen and becoming more acidic – threatening to trigger a mass extinction not seen in over 50 million years – when half of all the life in the oceans wa