Sue's daily stacks
- Jul. 24, 2009 5:57 amBy SueN
- Quote: "Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it". - Thomas Jefferson.
- Are we disconnecting ourselves into oblivion? Is there a connection between the swallows who build a nest in my boat, the Amazon rain forest, cloned meat, antibiotics, and public health care for all, and why does it matter? For the answer, read the transcript.
- Jul. 19, 2009 6:07 pmBy SueN
- Quote: "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are people who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. That struggle might be a moral one; it might be a physical one; it might be both moral and physical, but it must be struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand." - Frederick Douglass.
- Jul. 18, 2009 6:45 pmBy SueN
- Quote: "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." Malcolm Forbes.
- Is the Capital Gains program to help kids get good grades good school policy or "government bribery?"Article: 'Nightly News' Promotes Paying Children for Public School Success By Jeff Poor, Business & Media Institute.
- Jul. 16, 2009 5:42 amBy SueN
- Quote: "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason if we dig deep in our history and remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes which were for the moment unpopular." - Edward R. Murrow, 1954.
- Anniversary of the 7/7 bombings in London, 2005.
- Why do Libertarians hate the middle class?
- Jul. 13, 2009 5:48 pmBy SueN
- Quote: "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism -- ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Is the Republican Party still alive and kicking...are we addicted to war - is there no hope for peace?
- Jul. 11, 2009 8:16 amBy SueN
Thom takes a day off on the day before Independence Day. Wednesday's show is replayed.
- Jul. 11, 2009 8:00 amBy SueN
- In the US gas tax is fixed, not percentage. Rather than a gas tax, there are those in Congress who say to have a road tax instead, using GPS in every vehicle to measure how many miles people drive. It is not related to carbon usage, and heavier cars, for example SUVs, tear the road up more.
- Saturday is Independence Day and tomorrow is a best of show, so Bernie Sanders joined the show today for a while.
- Article: What’s So Super About a Supermajority?, Carl Hulse.
- Jul. 10, 2009 6:58 pmBy SueN
Quote: "The spirit of democracy cannot be established in the midst of terrorism, whether governmental or popular." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi.
- Article: Climate scenarios 'being realised' By Matt McGrath BBC environment reporter, Copenhagen."The worst-case scenarios on climate change envisaged by the UN two years ago are already being realised, say scientists at an international meeting."