- Aug. 14, 2009 4:35 pmBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: Well the astroturf programmes roll on in Congressional districts all across the United States. Dick Armey in the background laughing and wringing his hands with glee, I’m sure, as poor suckers show up and try to heckle and shout down their members of Congress in the House of Representatives. You know, following this brilliant memo. I mean, this is really quite extraordinary, this whole memo.
- Aug. 14, 2009 4:46 amBy SueN
To start out, I want to share with you this story that CNN carried over the weekend, and this is just a clip from it. This is the set up to it on CNN.
ROBERTS: If your child is obese, morbidly obese in medical terms, are you responsible? Even more, are you criminally responsible?
Well, in the case of Jerri Gray, the state of South Carolina says yes. And take a look why.
Gray gave us this school photo of her 14-year-old son Alexander. He weighs 555 pounds.
As you can imagine, he’s rather large.
- Aug. 13, 2009 6:32 amBy SueN
- Show live from Los Angeles.
- Quote: "The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the waters pure." - Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823..
- Apologies for last night's gig, so many turned up that many had to be turned away. People called out for how well Christine and Carl guest hosted.
- Aug. 13, 2009 2:45 amBy SueN
- Carl Wolfson & Christine Alexander of KPOJ Portland guest host, as Thom is traveling.
- Upcoming Events: Thom's book tour for "Threshold":
Aug 5th - Santa Monica, CA - Santa Monica Library.
Aug 17th - Minneapolis, MN
Aug 19th - Chicago, IL
- Aug. 12, 2009 4:35 amBy SueN
- Happy birthday to President Barack Obama.
- "DOES INEQUALITY STILL MATTER?".
- Article: "Remember the last time Republicans sent Angry Mobs to Disrupt Something? by rni_mccoy.
- Book: "The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better" by Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett.