- Dec. 8, 2020 4:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...We've seen it around the world and throughout history: when a political party or government exists solely to serve the very wealthy, and begins to lose power, they inevitably turn to authoritarianism and police violence.
We saw this in Florida when Gov. Ron DeSantis sent State police with guns drawn to intimidate the family of whistleblower Rebekah Jones, who he'd earlier fired for refusing to lie about Florida coronavirus statistics and is now publishing a daily "Florida coronavirus dashboard."
- Dec. 8, 2020 4:56 amBy SueN
- Time to Hold Trump's Authoritarian Helpers Accountable...
- The Fiction of Voter Fraud Revealed! - Howard Polskin, President - The Righting
- Is America Starting to Look More Like a Theocracy with Religious Freedom Reformation Act? - Ani Zonneveld, Muslims For Progressive Values
- Trump is Encouraging a Cult Belief System in His Followers...
- Dec. 7, 2020 4:13 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...What most vividly shows the difference between Ron DeSantis and Xavier Becerra? The crusade, and then the failure of that crusade, to make America into a fully authoritarian nation, and the return to democracy.
Donald Trump is a full-blown authoritarian; anyone who's ever read a decent history of Germany, Italy, or Spain in the 1930s, or knows the history of Pinochet in Chile, knows this is an irrefutable truth.
- Dec. 5, 2020 6:29 amBy SueN
- Saving & Growing Community Farms - Severine von Tscharner Fleming, Farmer/activist/organizer-Director of The Greenhorns... whose mission is to recruit and support incoming generations of new farmers
- Has Trump Taught the GOP a New, Mysterious Grift?
- Anything Goes Friday...! What's on Your Mind? For Caller, Jim, It's UFOs!
- Anything Goes Friday...Thom shares his thoughts on the film Smoke Signals and has a conversation with a caller on whether people are inherently good or evil...
- Dec. 4, 2020 2:58 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
The GOP has been running a con job and grift on the American people for 40 years, and now Trump has added his own new and very profitable twist to it. He's not going to let go of it any day soon.
The Washington Post headline reads: "Trump raises $495 million since mid-October, including a massive haul fueled by misleading appeals about election." He's raised over $140 million just since he lost the election!
The headline over at Raw Story today reads: "A mysterious company created 9 months ago is the RNC's highest paid vendor of the 2020 election." Nobody knows who the company is, what they do, or who owns it, but it took $49 million from donors to the RNC.
- Dec. 4, 2020 8:25 amBy SueN
- How Do We Prevent the Next Grifter-In-Chief?
- What Can Biden & Congress Realistically Do To Help the Economy? - Economist Dr. Richard Wolff, Democracy At Work / Author of numerous books - his latest is The Sickness is the System
- What a Joe Biden Cabinet Pick Might Mean for Native Americans... and Democrats - Julian Brave NoiseCat, Vice President of Policy & Strategy - Data for Progress / proud member of the Canim Lake Band Tsq'escen and descendant of the Lil'Wat Nation of Mount Currie who'll be participating in the Bioneers panel, The New Deals We Need Now: Green, Red and Blue
- Why We NEED A National Nurse for Public Health - Teri Mills, President - National Nursing Network Organization & 2019 Oregon Nurse of the Year
- Dec. 3, 2020 2:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump and McConnell are both pushing pardons. Trump wants pardons for his criminal cronies, enablers, and children. McConnell wants pardons for meat packing plants and corporate criminals.
Although past presidents have had family members working for them - Attorney General Bobby Kennedy is a famous example - none have ever had to pardon their family members for criminal activity in the White House. Until Trump.
- Dec. 3, 2020 7:39 amBy SueN
- Mid-day with Mark - Congressman Mark Pocan (D-WI, 2nd District)
- McConnell: Let Them Eat a Three-Martini Lunch
- Big News out of Georgia... - Greg Palast, The Guardian / Investigative Journalist/Author/Filmmaker, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy / His new book, How Trump Stole 2020: The Hunt For America's Vanished Voters
- Conversations with Great Minds: "Next Political-Economic System" & State and Local "Laboratories of Democracy" - Prof. Gar Alperovitz Co-Founder & Principle - Democracy Collaborative, will be here to talk about the Bioneers conference, where he'll participate in the Panel: The Emerging Transformation: Practical Strategies for Systemic Local, Regional and National Change (co-sponsored with the Democracy Collaborative)
- Dec. 2, 2020 4:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans are proposing to let employers injure or even kill their workers and bring back the three-martini lunch...in exchange for one measly month of extended unemployment benefits.
Senate Republicans are trying to both sabotage the incoming Biden administration and screw working people by refusing to extend expanded unemployment benefits in Mitch McConnell's new "stimulus"; it does, however, make it illegal for workers to sue their employers.
- Dec. 2, 2020 8:01 amBy SueN
- The Republican Wealth-Worshiping Death Cult Continues to Let Americans Die
- We're Not Done With the Republican Coup Yet... Their Next Attempts Are December 14th & January 6th...
- Bioneers Conference...what it is, what you'll learn & why now - Kenny Ausubel, Journalist/filmmaker/author of 4 books including his latest, Dreaming the Future: Reimagining Civilization in the Age of Nature / CEO & Founder - Bioneers
- Why Did France Think It Was a Good idea to Ban Videoing Police? - Cole Stangler, Paris-based journalist covering labor & politics / Writer & producer at the international news network, France 24
- The Healing Forest Inferno: Conservation of the Amazon in the Face of Fires and Covid-19 - Dr. Mark Plotkin, Co-Founder & President - the Amazon Conservation Team / Author of several books including The Killers Within: The Deadly Rise of Drug-Resistant Bacteria, coauthored with Michael Shnayerson, and The Amazon: What Everyone Needs to Know
- Bye, Bye Ajit Pai - Evan Greer, Deputy Director - Fight for the Future