- Oct. 6, 2008 11:25 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Hour One - Brian Kennedy www.instituteforenergyresearch.org Topic: Thom and Brian take on “Drill Baby Drill.”
Hour Two - Carrie Lukas www.iwf.org Topic: Thom and Carrie debate - Is there a a double standard between Palin and Biden?
Hour Three - Stephen Larsen www.stonemountaincenter.com Topic: author of the newly released book "THE FUNDAMENTLIST MIND"
Guest: Larry Zamba www.electzamba.com Topic: Running for Wisconsin Assembly, District 66, against Republican incumbent Samantha Kerkman
- Oct. 4, 2008 2:27 pmBy georgevap
Thom compared the crash of 1929 and the subsequent Republican Great Depression with current events and actions by Congress, quoting from many articles from the New York Times at the time.
Excerpts from the New York Times of 1929 - 1932 which Thom quoted on 01 October 2008
These excerpts are all from the New York Times from around the time of the stock market crash and the subsequent great depression. Most New York Times stories were dated the day before the date of publication.
- October 24 1929 was black Thursday
- Oct. 3, 2008 12:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
Anything Goes! Friday
Hour One "Brunch With Bernie" Senator Bernie Sanders www.sanders.senate.gov
Hour Two - Dr. Ronald Bronow & Matt Stoller www.BraveNewFilms.org Topic: Brave New Films' campaign John McCain's Health Records Must Be Released!
- Oct. 2, 2008 10:24 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Quotation: Conscience is the most sacred of all property - James Madison, 1792
Hour One - Stephen Spoonamore www.mustbefed.com Topic: Voting machine security...
Hour Two - Peggy Noonan www.peggynoonan.com Topic: Is post election unity possible no matter who wins?
Guest: "Taking Our Country Back" Robert Hamilton www.roberthamiltonforcongress.com Topic: Democratic nominee for California's 49th Congressional District...against by GOP Darrell Issa
Hour Three -Naomi Wolf www.americanfreedomcampaign.org Topic: Her new book "Give Me Liberty: A Handbook for AmericanRevolutionaries"
- Oct. 1, 2008 9:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Guest: Ralph Reed, GOP consultant, author of the political thriller "Dark Horse".Church tax exempt status. Karl Rove. Selective prosecutions.
- Guest: Former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Karl Rove. Ralph Reed.
- Guest: Barbara Comstock, SaveTheElection.com. The Employee Free Choice Act.
- The bailout.
- Guest: Congressman Peter DeFazio of Oregon. His alternative to the bailout.
- Guest: Robert Baer. Author, "The Devil We Know: Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower". Iran. Iraq. Russia.
- Guest: Advertiser Bill Sumner, The Inevitable You, Colorado.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- Oct. 1, 2008 3:45 pmBy georgevap
They discussed whether a church should lose its tax exempt status if any of its pastors preached politics in the pulpit. Thom asked about Karl Rove's role in the effort to defeat Don Siegelman's proposed lottery to pay for education. They discussed whether there was selective prosecution of Democrats like Don Siegelman, Paul Minor, Richard Scrushy and even Republican Bob Ney who upset the Bush administration (some of whom are said to be innocent), while others at least as guilty were not prosecuted.
- Oct. 1, 2008 10:05 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Quote: The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any- price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life --Theodore Roosevelt 1917
Hour One - Guest: Chuck Collins www.extremeinequality.org Topic: Ten Ways to Bail Out Wall Street without Soaking Taxpayers
Hour Two - The Great Republican Depression of 1929 and Today – are they similar?
Hour Three - Guest:Naomi Klein www.naomiklein.org Topic: the latest "shocks" on the American people...financial crisis, bailout, Republican spin
Guest: Larry Scott Founder & Editor VA Watchdog dot Org www.vawatchdog.org
Thom's Travel & Upcoming events: October 3-4 Palm Springs Thom is speaking at The Evolution of Revolution... Shining Dawn's Early Light on Spirit, Science and the System conference at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort and Spa Indian Wells, California www.agnt.org