- Jan. 15, 2021 6:01 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...If their true scam is admitted, the GOP could wander in the wilderness for two generations
It seems inexplicable.
A group of Americans invaded the US Capitol with a plan to kidnap and kill the Vice President and the Speaker of the House, hoping that would throw the Electoral College vote to the US House, where Republicans would declare Donald Trump the winner.
- Jan. 15, 2021 9:15 amBy SueN
- The inescapable truth about rightwing billionaires and Trump
- How does white rage connect to economics? - Economist Dr. Richard Wolff, Democracy At Work / Author of numerous books - his latest is The Sickness is the System
- A new discovery about the GOP - Greg Palast, The Guardian / Investigative Journalist/Author/Filmmaker, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy / His new book, How Trump Stole 2020: The Hunt For America's Vanished Voters
- Finally...charges on the Flint water crisis! - Latricea Adams, Founder/CEO & President of Black Millenials 4 Flint
- Jan. 14, 2021 4:49 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Hint: It's all about the money
Some very wealthy people helped put Donald Trump in office, and have continued to subsidize the Trump presidency and those Republicans who enable it.
- Jan. 13, 2021 3:39 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The GOP's Big Lie is tearing America apart, as Trump expanded it to assault American democracy.
A 40-year Republican Big Lie brought us to this crisis point in America.
When Ronald Reagan was running for president in 1980, one of his biggest boosters was the political heavy hitter Paul Weyrich, who was also a cofounder of the Heritage Foundation and multiple other rightwing think tanks and operations.
Weyrich told a group of political activist in a church basement in Dallas that the GOP was changing their strategy to win elections.
- Jan. 13, 2021 8:06 amBy SueN
- Will the "Trump Train's" third attempted coup be successful? Twice before, oligarchs have attempted to overthrow the government of the United States. This time they might succeed...
- A Preview of What's To Come After Trump Leaves - Brendan O'Connor, Writer & Journalist-contributor, The Nation Magazine / Author of the new book, Blood Red Lines: How Nativism Fuels the Right
- Why Were the Capitol Police Sent Home Early on January 6th?
- Thom's Take on the Best of the Rest of the News and Your Calls...
- Jan. 12, 2021 5:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As is laid out in The Hidden History of American Oligarchy, this has been a recurrent battle through the history of America.
It's all one thing, and the oligarchs and fascists aren't done yet. They want complete control of America.
When Donald Trump first ran for president, it was a stunt to squeeze more money out of NBC and to polish his brand.
But when he was unexpectedly elected, he took cues from the corrupt oligarchs he admired around the world and began a serious project to remake and remold America in their image.
- Jan. 12, 2021 9:35 amBy SueN
- Insurrection: A Reckoning is Essential For the Real and Powerful Villains - Overlooking the True Villains Just Creates New Political Violence
- How Does a Congressperson Get Away With Live Tweeting Pelosi's Location During the Attack?
- The Insurrection - Joe Madison, The Black Eagle, Host-The Joe Madison Show
- "A War Photographer Embeds With the Capitol Hill Mob" - Ron Haviv, the New Republic & war photographer who embedded with the mob during the Capitol riot
- DC AG Pushes to Charge Insurrectionists...
- Jan. 11, 2021 5:37 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While everybody is discussing how the FBI is trying to hold to account those who invaded the US Capitol building and several state capitols on January 6, very few national media outlets are supporting or even discussing the idea of holding the true perpetrators to serious account.
The media narrative today is that "right wing crazies" are the only people involved in this attempt to disrupt Congress and even kidnap or murder some of our elected representatives. But they're missing, almost entirely, the big question: Why did so many people show up?