- Jan. 8, 2021 5:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Many people think we've hit peak fascism, but Wednesday was only a bump in the road. Trump, his neofascist followers, and over half the congressional Republican caucus were just pushing the limits to see what they could get away with.
And in the US Capitol, and state capitols around the country that were similarly attacked, Trump's fascist followers learned that the personal price they'd pay for sedition and treason is less than the penalty for drunk driving.
- Jan. 8, 2021 9:49 amBy SueN
- The Right Wing Traitors Are Not Done. America Needs to Be Prepared for 1/20 and What Role Trump Will Play...
- Tyrants Often Turn On Their Own People: It's Time to Remove Trump From Office...
- Will Trump and His Enablers Be Held Accountable?
- Jan. 7, 2021 5:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Tyrants very rarely leave power voluntarily. In almost every case they've committed so many crimes in the process of acquiring and holding power, and exploiting that power to enrich themselves, their friends and allies, that they know if they step down they will be facing, at the very least, a long stretch in prison.
This is why it's so vital that Donald Trump be removed from power immediately. Be it through the 25th Amendment or immediate articles of impeachment and a vote in the Senate, it must be done.
- Jan. 7, 2021 9:47 amBy SueN
- Mid-day with Mark - Representative Mark Pocan (D-WI, 2nd District)
- Thom's take on coverage of the joint session of Congress for the purpose of certifying the Electoral College vote, and separate House and Senate sessions to debate objections to the Arizona count
- Continuing coverage of the joint session of Congress... / Plus, the attempted coup by armed Trump supporters...
- Jan. 6, 2021 3:48 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The New York Times just published a truly shocking article detailing conversations between Donald Trump and Mike Pence.
Essentially, Trump asked Pence to ignore the electoral college votes from a few swing states and thus declare Trump president for the next four years.
- Jan. 6, 2021 5:42 amBy SueN
- Only public trials and humiliation can save the American experiment from the Trump/GOP coup attempt...
- The New Sabotage of Social Security Exposed...
- The Psychology of Authoritarianism - Psychoanalyst Dr. Justin Frank MD, Psychoanalyst & Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science - George Washington University / Author - Trump on the Couch (Previous books include Bush on the Couch & Obama on the Couch)
- Jan. 5, 2021 3:28 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The pharmacist in Wisconsin who destroyed 500 doses of coronavirus vaccine did so because he believed they would "alter human DNA," reflecting a popular conspiracy theory on Facebook that has absolutely no basis in fact.
Science, religion, and conspiracy theories are all, essentially the same thing: systems or attempts to explain the unknown, to make sense out of things beyond our senses or immediate, touchable reality. Thus, our vulnerability to conspiracy theories and con artists like Trump.
It's impossible for any individual to know or understand everything. We believe electrons make our computers work, but for all but a few scientists who've actually seen and measured electrons, it's only a belief. We must trust their word.
- Jan. 5, 2021 8:51 amBy SueN
- How the Supreme Court set up the authoritarian takeover of America
- Trump Isn't Our Biggest Problem: It's the Authoritarian Fascist Movement He's Launched
- Civil Rights Groups Fight Back Against Georgia's Voter Purges - Greg Palast, The Guardian / Investigative Journalist/Author/Filmmaker, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy / His new book, How Trump Stole 2020: The Hunt For America's Vanished Voters
- Jan. 5, 2021 8:27 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Pundits across the American political spectrum are wringing their hands about the fate and future of the "dirty dozen" Republican senators challenging Biden's election.
One of the most widespread stories about their motivation is that they're "afraid of Trump" or are "worried about being primaried." Both ideas are wrong.
- Jan. 4, 2021 5:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump's phone call to Georgia's Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger is the latest illustration of his lifelong criminality. Over the last 40 years, career criminals like Trump have increasingly moved out of the business world and the streets and into politics, something for which we can thank the Supreme Court.
There are, among us, a small number of individuals who are career criminals. They have literally spent their entire lives skirting or outright breaking the law, and not only believe the law doesn't apply to them, but actually delight in getting away with their crimes.