Wednesday 12 2009 show notesNov. 13, 2009 5:44 amBy SueN
- Wayne Root.
- Leo W. Gerard, International President, United Steelworkers.
- Conservative Carrie Lukas of the Independent Women's Forum.
- What is it that libertarians and conservatives don't understand about economics?
Don't Ask, Don't TellNov. 12, 2009 9:41 amBy Louise
According to Congressman. Barney Frank, a repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” will “likely be included as part of next year’s Department of Defense authorization bill in both chambers of Congress,” It could go into effect Oct. 1, 2010.
Wyoming = Lord of the Flies Society?Nov. 12, 2009 9:35 amBy Louise
Republican leaders in a South Carolina county have censured U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham for working with Democrats on a climate bill and other legislation. Fratricide reigns in the Republican Party.
Wednesday 11 2009 show notesNov. 12, 2009 8:58 amBy SueN
- Veterans Day.
- Happy anniversary, Thom and Louise!
- Frederic O'Neal, Chair of the "Tea Party"
- Dan Gainor of the Business and Media Institute.
- First it was tax day protests, then it was town hall meetings...now it's a newly registered political party...are they kidding?!
- Should we put the gambling regulators in charge of our economy?
- Eco-nuts vs Al Qaeda…really?
November 10 2009 show notesNov. 11, 2009 7:18 pmBy SueN
- Bryan Fisher, Director of Issues Analysis and host of "Focal Point" at the American Family Association.
- Neil Strauss, the "world's #1 pick up artist," joins Thom.
- Jeff Sharlet, author of "The Family : The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power".
Is George W Bush the Fault of the Fort Hood Shootings?Nov. 11, 2009 12:54 pmBy Louise
If Bill Clinton - or, presumably, Al Gore (or even Ralph Nader) - had been President in 2001, the Ft. Hood massacre almost certainly wouldn't have happened. Because George W. Bush was president, it did. Here's why it's Bush's fault:
Death Panels on Veteran's DayNov. 11, 2009 12:48 pmBy Louise
Could we do better than death panels on Veteran's day? On the eve of Veterans Day, a team of researchers from Harvard Medical School released a study finding that 2,266 veterans under the age of 65 died last year because they didn't have healt
Transcript: Thom asks Scott Wheeler, lacking a fairness doctrine, how do we deal with people in the media who are aggressively trying to destroy this country? 01 October 2009Nov. 11, 2009 6:18 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: 21 minutes past the hour, welcome back, Thom Hartmann here with you, broadcasting live from Stadtsteinach, Germany. And Scott Wheeler on the line with us, he is the executive director of the National Republican Trust, NationalRepublicTrust.com. Scott welcome to the show.
Scott Wheeler: Hey, good to be with you Thom.
Transcript: Thom talks to Max Blumenthal, author of "Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement that Shattered the Party", 28 September 2009Nov. 11, 2009 6:13 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: And welcome back, Thom Hartmann here with you, the third hour of our program and I’m very, very pleased to have in the studio with me, and you can see it live if you go over to ThomHartmann.com and click on our ThomVision, our video and we’ll get this up on YouTube a little later on.
Transcript: The politics of division...who is to blame? - Thom confronts conservative Craig Shirley, 28 September 2009Nov. 11, 2009 6:08 amBy SueN
Thom Hartmann: “I have been mulling the switch for months,” writes future_of_the_party, one of the diarists over at DemocraticUnderground.com. “There hasn't been any room for a moderate voice, like my own - since Obama has been elected.” Any room where? In his Republican party. He said “The anger on the right since the President has been elected is not like anything I've seen in my life and it's not for me, not in any way. ...