- Aug. 31, 2020 3:58 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...George W. Bush had 9/11, and Adolf Hitler had the burning of the Reichstag. In both cases, an attack on the nation brought people together behind their leader.
White nationalists, including those embedded in police departments, have been attacking Black Lives Matter protestors in high profile ways the last few months, and Donald Trump is hoping it will help him. Over the weekend, both Kellyanne Conway and Laura Trump said as much, even implying that people being killed in the streets is good for Donald Trump.
- Aug. 31, 2020 8:51 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Trump Plays Tinpot Dictator Instead of President
- What Do Democrats Need To Do In Response? - Ben Jealous, President - People For the American Way (PFAW) & PFAW Foundation / Visiting Scholar-Annenberg School @Penn / Former President-NAACP & former candidate for Gov of Maryland (Susie Turnbull was his running mate)
- Issues of the Day - Congressman Ro Khanna (D-CA, 17th District)
- Anything Goes Friday...What's On Your Mind? Thom Takes Your Calls...
- Aug. 28, 2020 8:02 amBy SueN
- The RNC Convention, Pandemic Testing, USPS & Vote By Mail - Tom Perez, DNC Chairman/former U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Trump Just Guaranteed More Americans Will Die...
- What is the Fed Up To Now & Has the Pandemic Exposed Reaganism For What It Is? - Economist Dr. Richard Wolff, Democracy At Work / Understanding Marxism / Understanding Socialism
- The Greenland Ice Sheet is Losing 1 Million Tons Per Minute...What Does That Mean? - Dr. Michael Mann, Professor of Meteorology & Director, Earth System Science Center-Penn State University AND recipient of this year's 'Nobel Prize for the Environment', the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement / Member-National Academy of Sciences / author of several books including The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial Is Threatening Our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy
- Aug. 27, 2020 3:26 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump just guaranteed more Americans will die.
Trump has been saying for some time that he wishes there was less testing for coronavirus in America, because that would reduce the number of cases that we find, which would improve, in his mind, his numbers compared to other countries.
- Aug. 26, 2020 3:16 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As I pointed out in my book "The Hidden History of Guns and the Second Amendment," the reason the Second Amendment was written and passed was to protect the slave patrols of Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia.
In most cases, the slave patrols were volunteer vigilante groups, drawing from the population of local farmers and other white people whose economic survival depended on the larger plantations.
- Aug. 26, 2020 8:53 amBy SueN
- As Shocked As Republican Commentators On TV Seem, Donald Trump Is Nothing New For The GOP
- #UNFIT: The Psychology of Donald Trump - Dan Partland, Director & Producer - #UNFIT: The Psychology of Donald Trump
- The Selling of the Presidency - Sarah Blaskey, Journalist - Miami Herald & Co-Author, The Grifter's Club: Trump, Mar-a-Lago and the Selling of the Presidency
- Science revolution: Wildfires, Pollution and Health - Kevin Patel, Founder & Executive Director - OneUpAction
- Stop the Bomb Trains - Bradley Marshall, Staff Attorney - Earthjustice Flo
- Aug. 25, 2020 4:39 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The Republican convention's first day was filled with sturm und drang, warnings and fear, hysteria and demagoguery. And what were they so concerned about?
The largest fear seems to be that Black people would move into the suburbs, with Black Senator Cory Booker telling them which white houses to take over.
- Aug. 25, 2020 8:56 amBy SueN
- What's It Going to Take to Break Trump's Followers' Obsession With Death?
- Secret Meetings At the White House & a Private Security Company Detaining Migrant Children At a Hotel... - Jacob Soboroff Correspondent - NBC News & MSNBC / Author of the new book, SEPARATED: Inside An American Tragedy
- Steve Bannon, Kris Kobach and the Build the Wall Scandal - Greg Palast, The Guardian / Investigative Journalist/Author/Filmmaker, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy / His new book, How Trump Stole 2020.