Recent comments

• 47 GOP Members Send Treasonous Letter To Iran   3 weeks 3 days ago

They are war mongers bribed by the defense industry and Shelli Adelson. And they will not send their children to fight. happy room

• YES there was MASSIVE COLLUSION   3 weeks 3 days ago

Meanwhile, back to the topic.

Now that we know a spy was planted in the Trump campaign going back to 2016, why did there even need to be a special prosecutor? Didn't the spy get the evidence on Trump? Didn't the spy get evidence of Russian collusion?

This whole episode is very, very strange and not going well for the left.

• YES there was MASSIVE COLLUSION   3 weeks 4 days ago
    Quote zapdam.:

I take it from the last blog renewal date of April 27th 2018 , that Thom no longer gives a rats ass about our blog contributions or supporting this site.

It looks that way, zapdam. Then, too, it looks as if many former TH bloggers now prefer SSN's (Silly Social Networks).

• The future of the Country   3 weeks 4 days ago

I somewhat agree with your sons' conclusions, but for probably far different reasons. The following excerpt is just one reason:

From Casey Chalk: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/public-school-sex-eds-descent-into-madness/

"On June 14, the school board of Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS), the tenth largest school division in the United States, will convene and likely approve a number of changes to its sex-ed program, including replacing the term “biological sex” with “sex assigned at birth,” teaching that children aren’t born male or female, minimizing the role of abstinence, and excising clergy from a list of “trusted adults.” Although I am a product of FCPS, as was my mother and a long list of aunts, uncles, and cousins on both sides of my family, my children will not be attending their local elementary school. The radical sexual pedagogy promoted by FCPS, coupled with its well-publicized laxity in confronting illegal sexual behavior by its staff, has convinced me that my eldest daughter, who will enter kindergarten this fall, would be safer in a private school."

"FCPS still boasts an impressive educational pedigree. As their website notes, the class of 2018 has 223 National Merit Semifinalists, and Fairfax County high schools are recognized annually by the Washington Post as some of the most challenging in the United States. Yet as C.S. Lewis warned, “education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.” Teaching kids just entering puberty about how to “properly” use contraception and engage in safe anal sex can only be classified as a first-rate education in delinquency. Most American public schools have lost sight of Aristotle’s important maxim: “The happy life is regarded as a life in conformity with virtue…not spent in [sexual] amusement.”

My comment: what has happened to the democratic party in this country that they would support these types of policies? This is not progress.

• The State of Georgia Murdered A Woman Today   3 weeks 4 days ago

One TX death row inmate on his last meal did not eat his dessert. The guard asked him why, he said he was saving it for later, and off he went to be executed. I'm not making that up, it's in one of Molly Ivans's book. kissmanga

• YES there was MASSIVE COLLUSION   3 weeks 4 days ago

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   3 weeks 4 days ago

Again, many thanks for the post, rs allen. You and I seem to be the only ones alive and kicking around here. Tell me, TH stalwarts, that it ain't so.

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   3 weeks 5 days ago

re. post #29

The israeli plan mirrors almost exactly the 'great american way'. And don't we all know how exceptional israel is. So.........

'Come all ye roving minstrels

And together we will try

to rise the sprite of the earth

and move the rolling sky'

Minstrels, poets, people of letters and history books telling the story of the 'great american exceptionalism' is nothing new:

WHOOSH, any and all of it goes over their heads because their either too busy amusing themselves to death or it's just easier and comfortable to be complacent about their position in the affairs of mankind while they wander about thinking; What? Me worry? And what's that you say? We're turning an entire continent to rumble? Nah man, don't worry our military is protecting the american way.......salute!

Yes, there are good people fighting the good fight in the up hill battle of apathy on one side and immoral reactionaries come fascists on the other and I don't think the outcome of that battle is at all certain other than that nature and mother earth will bat last.

• Who Pimps For Sheldon Adelson?   3 weeks 5 days ago

The other is in his pants. And the riot squad they’re restless. They need somewhere to go. As Lady and I look out tonight. From DEAtholation Row.

fnaf

• With The Dalai Lama   3 weeks 5 days ago

He is such an inspiration to many. I can't imagine how I would feel if I got to meet him in person. Very cool!

Steve, Birmingham Roofer

• How Authoritarians Take Over Democracy Part One   3 weeks 5 days ago

If only Thom's truth could reach the masses. I fear were much further along the road to a Fascist State than most realize. We bascially already have a state run corp media.

Our fourth estate is ranked 49th in the world for the ability to get the truth out!....that's why I believe Fascism is much closer than anyone is willing to admit. Trump is the worst individual at the worst time, perhaps in the history of this country, to have the power he has.

• The Concept of a Monolithic God   3 weeks 5 days ago

Also, I have a book on my shelf, right beside me, called "The Case For Christ", which claims to have evidence that Jesus was real.

run 3

• Can the Democrats Legalize Marijuana Despite Trump and Jeff Sessions   3 weeks 5 days ago

Is this the Beginning of the End of Dispensaries?

NASDAQ: GWPH
    161.10 USD +1.14 (0.71%)

GW Pharma wins unanimous recommendation from FDA advisory committee for cannabis-derived drug. … FDA advisory committee votes unanimously in support of GW Pharma’s epidiolex. … GW Pharma shares surge on FDA briefing document that hints at approval of cannabis-derived drug.

The FDA Prepares to Approve a Marijuana-Based Epilepsy Medication

I’ve been concerned with the idiology of prohibitionists on this since the 09 article. They haven’t given a rats ass about patients care for 48 years. So the efficiency and quality of dispensaries doesn’t seem to be something they would concern themselves with.

I kept a patient from torture with CBD when they DC’d his seizure meds as a hospice patient. No noticeable withdrawal after 50 years of Phenobarbital. Not a seizure either. This was from what I previously considered the most compassionate of the medical professionals. Following orders.

So to limit the strains and potency doesn’t seem like something they would worry about. I’m not trying to sabotage or speak out of turn or do I prefer big pharma over Ganja. Just all this is happening and millions can attest to Dispensaries being beyond the imagination. Yet the powers that be don’t seem to care, and competition eliminated is more profits.

As I’ve harped on more than most want to hear. States do not have the 10th amendment protection since Raich v US. That’s just a fact and regardless of how well things are going. Now with GW, there will be a legal alternative.

Its past time to remove Ganja from the CSA and Fed control. Let big pharma do what it will but make Ganja a bonafide alternative to those choosing a “imo”, better less expensive method as nature gave us.

The Justice Act seems to be addressing the issue more than more incrementalism state by state and I hope it gets more sponsors and a vote. 48 years of bipartisan Denialism has caused more Harm to modern Americans than anything that comes to mind. (the majority of which are people of color) Its time to get real and let the Dispensaries continue. With a standard set of regulations not designed to thwart growers or patients needs and wants or to get politicians a tax base to squander.

I’ve been sending CBD info to clinics for 5 years or so since the 5 brothers came out with Charlottes Web. I’ve had a recommendation by an Orthopedic Specialist for inflammation used externally. So I’m already sold and will continue having it delivered. Problem with Prop 64 is it taxes medicinal use where they paid it previously. I was stoked with Prop 215 and it could have been adapted to so called recreational users.

I’ve also had peculiar thoughts that Cannabis saturates the ECS (EndoCannabinoid System) and the “high” is a residual effect to assure saturation when measuring is impossible. Like some drugs or filling a barrel full of water and the overflow would be the residual. So we should probably stop toking when it occurs. While society has only booze and drugs to compare it with and to most the “high” is the starting point of inebriation they can understand. I don’t think the ECS can be saturated quickly so newbies will get high, but it doesn’t mean the body is good to go. That takes time, and steady usage. mho

This is the part I just can’t shrug off…

Is The DEA Legalizing THC?

❝So, in other words, if a pharmaceutical product contains THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would be a legal commodity. But if you or I possessed THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would remain an illegal commodity.❞

❝Wait, it gets even more absurd.❞

❝Since the cannabis plant itself will remain illegal under federal law, then from whom precisely could Big Pharma legally obtain their soon-to-be legal THC extracts? There’s only one answer: The federal government’s lone legally licensed marijuana cultivator, The University of Mississippi at Oxford, which already has the licensing agreements with the pharmaceutical industry in hand.❞

Although I understand they let GW import their own stash to test with. The rest seems at least plausable. The DEA continues to list CBD as sched#1 because all whole plant extracts contain some THC.

So to answer the question. In this wingnut land of prohibition and states bypassing feds. Democrats could get more turn out and win elections. Except they still have it as a back burner issue. I've shown how it could help every topic democrats list and yet it is still stigmatized beyond the mainstream grasp, including democrats who know better. Also democrat prohibitonists like Patrick Kennedy, the Clintons and Feinstein muddy the waters invoking reefer madness over reality.

I personally believe the DNC and RNC are run by Neocons with similar agendas so "legalizing" Hemp and Ganja Food, Fuel, Fiber and FARMaceuticals are a threat to competing Booze, Pharma and Fossil Fools. Profits are the Prophets and reality has been taking a back seat for half a century with both parties cowering from the truth.

Why Do Democrats Defend Nixon's Drug War?

If You Think Marijuana Isn't an Important Issue

Democrats can’t afford to put it on the back burner any longer

Democrats spare changing me can hold their breath.

Re or De-Scheduling is not Legalizing.

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   3 weeks 5 days ago

This comment perhaps doesn't exactly fit here but what the hell, new comments don't seem to get posted. But, then, when you reflect on Adelson Gives $30 Million To Top Super PAC, from my comment #24 maybe it does fit.

The u.S. is in decline, has been for years. That decline accelerated with the election of Trump and continues to gain momentum. The essay cited below addresses that fact, and others, while stressing the need, the imperative, for action. If, in spite of the public apathy, people do decide to act they must, before anything else, eliminate the present abominable inequality of wealth and enact measures that would prevent - for all time - such gross accumulation of personal riches.

[QUOTE]

MAY 29, 2018

“Power Concedes Nothing Without a Demand” & the New Poor People’s Campaign

by JOEL HELFRICH

******

In 1857, Frederick Douglass emphasized what have become some of his most quoted words: “If there is no struggle there is no progress.” Continued Douglass, “Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation … want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.”

Douglass admonished the crowd, “This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” As Douglass knew first-hand, “Find out just what a people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted…. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.”

******

[UNQUOTE]

Continuing from further along in the same essay….

[QUOTE]

******

In May 1967, at the outset of the Poor People’s Campaign, Dr. King said, “I think it is necessary for us to realize that we have moved from the era of civil rights to the era of human rights…. [W]hen we see that there must be a radical redistribution of economic and political power, then we see that for the last twelve years we have been in a reform movement…. That after Selma and the Voting Rights Bill, we moved into a new era, which must be an era of revolution…. In short, we have moved into an era where we are called upon to raise certain basic questions about the whole society.”

******

[UNQUOTE]

There it is sweethearts. How much blood has this blood money spilled? and keeps on spilling.

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   3 weeks 6 days ago

Thanks again, rs allen, for your comments and for the links. When, if ever, will the u.S.'s dumass public wake up, see Israel for what it truly is - a rogue nation that ignores international, humanitarian norms and laws? The u.S. has itself a history that in many ways is as sordid as that of Israel and so, I suppose, it has no qualms about supporting Israel.

Heard around the water cooler...

"A few dead children? Ha, ha. They should have been in school. What's that? They were in school? Well, you know, terrorists use those schools, hospitals, too... Bomb 'em. Bomb 'em! What fun!!!"

But, yes, there are still decent people in today's harsh world...

Flotilla carrying Gaza wounded set for bid to break Israeli siege

Two boats aim to defy the Israeli blockade as thousands of Palestinians wounded by the Israeli snipers in recent protests struggle for help.

by Arwa Ibrahim

• Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?   4 weeks 11 hours ago

Have a nice day ...

• Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?   4 weeks 11 hours ago

thank's for these informations ...

• U.K. Pound Falls As Markets Get Brexit Jitters   4 weeks 20 hours ago

Sebenarnya, tidak ada cara yang pasti untuk sukses dalam panggilan ini. Rookies sering bertaruh pada strategi penyalinan sewa motor jogja dari yang lain. Sayangnya, lebih sering daripada tidak terjadi bahwa strategi tertentu terbukti berhasil untuk kampanye ternyata sama-sama bermanfaat bagi yang lain. Dengan demikian, bisnis lebih memilih perusahaan jasa seo murah yang memiliki rekam jejak kesuksesan yang mapan.

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   4 weeks 23 hours ago

I think any broad coldly subjective view of the us. for most of it's history would place it squarely within the frame work of a proto-fascist state. The cherished democratic values the essayist G. Paynes speaks of have from the beginning been always cherished and held onto for only the 'us few' with little regard for any of 'the others' human rights or choices. Emm the poem 'First they came....' comes to mind. I'll maintain fascism has always been an under current in the stream of the amerikan ethos and predates well beyond Martin, Robert or John. That kind of overview doesn't necessarily make any perspective any clearer but I believe is an accurate beginning towards an understanding of just what amerika is and has been throughout it's history. So trumpkof and company is not anything new or strange; it/they has always been there/here for anyone willing to admit it. Only now though, or at least for the last 4 decades or so, expansion at the expence of 'the other' has either run out of room or 'the others' have caught onto the shell game and refuse to play so now we turn inward and eat our own.

As Chris Hedges is apt to and adeptly likes to remind us, the fall of the US. thus far has closely mimicked the collapse of the Roman empire. Bread and circuses anyone?

Here's a brave reporter I ran across in my wandering. Please do explore her voice of truth she speaks against power. As an intro I'll start with her Empire Files report on how the media distorts the coverage of israeli crimes.

• Is This a Treatment for the Opioid Crisis The DEA Doesn't Want you to Know About?   4 weeks 2 days ago
  • HOW MY HUSBAND USED CANNABIS OIL FOR HIS CANCER TREATMENT   4 weeks 2 days ago

Hello everyone, i am so grateful to Dr.Ezra for curing me completely from COPD DISEASE. I was told by my medical doctor that i have COPD Few years ago, and ever since i have been taking different kinds of medication and yet no improvement until i saw testimonies of Dr.Ezra about how he has been curing people from different kinds of diseases Although i was skeptical about contacting him, but i also knew the importance of herbal medicine, then i made up my mind and contacted him we talked on phone and he prepared and gave me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. Now I’m so happy I’m 100% free from COPD. My heart is so filled with joy, thank you so much Dr.Ezra. If you are reading this and you have COPD or any other disease you can contact Dr.Ezra today on this Email address: drezrahealinghome@gmail.com or WhatsApp or call him on this number +2348116755255.
    He cures all manner of diseases like
    CANCER
    HIV
    HEPATITIS A AND B
    DIABETIC.
    HERPES
    SYPHILIS
    HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS(HPV)
    CEREBTOSPINAL MEINGITIS
    CHAGAS DISEASE
    ALZHEIMERS DISEASE
    SCHIZOPHRENIA.
    What ever the disease may be just contact him and he will surly cure you without having any side effect.

• Banding Together for the Common Good   4 weeks 2 days ago

It was brought up in a conversation when I was a teenager, that no one person can do everything. (Where the heck are you going to put all the tools needed if you could??) This is why we cooperate with each other's strengths. Time never changed that bit of human nature. Maybe robotics will make us dumb and forget our roots. Until, then..

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   4 weeks 3 days ago

Thanks for the comments, rs allen.

I enjoyed the music. It took me back to my younger days and to my time in Africa when I had the privilege of sitting on the ground, at night, listening to similarly moving sounds with the added grace of hugs and handshakes all around on leaving for the evening.

Now, more on topic I guess...

Maybe a look from outside provides a clearer, broader picture. I’ve watched the u.S.’s not so gradual descent into the most hateful fascism. It can’t happen here (there)? But, yes, it can, it is.

Just a couple of paragraphs from an essay by George Payne who sees and reports on the impending – no, the existing - horror…

MAY 25, 2018

The Direction of No Return: a Meditation on America’s Decent into Tyranny

by GEORGE PAYNE

[QUOTE]

*****

As far as I am concerned, it only sounds radical to compare what is happening in America to what happened to the German people during the rise of Hitler. The American citizenry has not fully taken stock of the inexorable and subtle dismantling of their cherished democratic values. It takes a writer and thinker of such battle tested genius as the psychologist and concentration camp survivor Bruno Bettelheim to appreciate how a once free society can take the beginning steps towards suppression, dehumanization, and ultimate destruction. In his book, The Informed Heart: On retaining the Self in a Dehumanizing Society, Dr. Bettelheim provided a gripping analysis of the human condition that points to the central dilemma facing every single American today:

When life is at stake and one is still in full possession of one’s powers, making decisions and taking action is relatively easy. The same is nearly true for one’s physical liberty. But in the case of one’s personal independence, things seem less clear cut. Risking one’s life to prevent small inroads into one’s autonomy is not what most people would do. And when the state makes small inroad after small inroad, at which point is one to say: No more, even if it cost me my life? And pretty soon the many small inroads have sapped so much courage that no one no longer has the nerve to take action. The same is true for anxiety generated by fear for one’s life or one’s freedom, or both…To take action in the moment of the first onset of anxiety is relatively easy, because anxiety is a powerful motivating force to action. But if the action is delayed, the longer anxiety lasts and the more energy is spent on binding it, that is, on not acting to relieve it, the more a person is drained of vital energy and the less he feels capable of acting on his own. At the inception of the German tyranny, the longer action was delayed, the weaker grew the ability to resist.

Is that not what is happening in America right now? Look at the record. This is a president who has continuously violated the Separation of church and state by suggesting that America is a Christian nation. (The recent embassy move to Jerusalem was an act of Christian nationalism.)

*****

[UNQUOTE]

Maybe it began before Trump. Maybe it dates from the murder of Martin, Robert and John.

Those tattooed pro athletes will provide the Haley’s, the DeVos’s with lovely lampshades, n'est-ce pas?

"But if the action is delayed..."

[QUOTE]

*****

While most Poles behaved with courage, dignity and heroism, a minority of gentiles – and this is why the current government of Poland is threatening to punish anyone who talks of Polish collaboration with the Nazis – “participated directly in the murder process”, according to Winstone. They included the Polish “blue” police – ordinary cops in their usual blue uniforms

*****

[UNQUOTE]

Now, as I wrote a while back…

The KKK in blue, badged, their leader in the White House.

And, I guess I could add, their cohorts next door.

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   4 weeks 3 days ago

Ancient notes played on modern instruments.

The desert weclomes you;

• Israel "ueber alles" ...   4 weeks 3 days ago

Breaking treaties has never been any real inconvience of conscience for the good old u.s.of a.

Bribes for politicans used to be a secret smoke filled back room sport. Now it's just another high stakes poker game openly played for our viewing pleasure and thus giving real transparency to how this so called government of the people, for the people has always worked.

Ethnic cleansing and/or genocide is the heart of the amerikan way, that's how amerika was built and it's how it is maintained to this day. Indian reservations anyone? Inner city ghettos, poison for water with slave patrols circling anyone?

I'd say israel learned the 'american way' lesson well.

Democrats Should Steal Trump's Thunder on Trade

It's time to run bigger, better and harder on trade policies.